1190 replies to this topic

#1 MrsGryn

MrsGryn

Head of Household

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:40 AM

If it doesn't have it's own thread, it goes here.

#2 Koolaid Kid

Koolaid Kid

Snark. It's what's for dinner.

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

This season of Top Chef has really entertained me. I love Ted Allen as a judge, and Tony Bourdain's guest spots have been fun. I love their blogs on the Bravo website, too. In fact, reading Tony Bourdain's blog makes me want to read his books. He's full of snarky goodness. Rocco DiSpirito and Chef Colicchio's blogs are fun, too, but not nearly as snide.

I was upset that Tre got the boot, but he didn't do as well as I thought he would on the challenge that deep-sixed him. I pretty much like all the remaining group, though Malarkey's a bit odd and Hung is hyperactive. Casey is coming on well, and it would be good to have a female Top Chef for a change, but I wouldn't be upset if Dale won.

#3 tooletta

tooletta

Allstar Hamster

• Members
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:42 AM

This season of Top Chef has really entertained me. I love Ted Allen as a judge, and Tony Bourdain's guest spots have been fun. I love their blogs on the Bravo website, too. In fact, reading Tony Bourdain's blog makes me want to read his books. He's full of snarky goodness. Rocco DiSpirito and Chef Colicchio's blogs are fun, too, but not nearly as snide.

I was upset that Tre got the boot, but he didn't do as well as I thought he would on the challenge that deep-sixed him. I pretty much like all the remaining group, though Malarkey's a bit odd and Hung is hyperactive. Casey is coming on well, and it would be good to have a female Top Chef for a change, but I wouldn't be upset if Dale won.

LOVE Bourdain's books. Funny, I find myself rooting for Dale now, although I didn't think he had a chance in hell earlier in the season.

#4 RCToros

RCToros

DOOG TV!

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

I don't really see a clear front runner with the remaining chefs this season.
I called Harold in season 1, Sam in season 2 and Tre in season 3. So my track record: not so good. I don't hate anyone that's left, I just don't love any of them.
Tony Bourdain is a great regular addition to Top Chef. You should definitely read "Kitchen Confidential", Koolaid Kid!

#5 jerrye25

jerrye25

Power of Veto

• 2,400 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

So am I the only one who loves the Beauty and the Geek. Such a great premise for a show. I could sit and watch them interview people, American Idol style, for hours.

#6 aminca

aminca

Waaaaaamber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

Oh, Jerrye, I had so much fun tonight. That's the way to do auditions and cast reveals. This show is just so much cheese, and it knows it, and that makes it incredibly enjoyable.

#7 Keith

Keith

Haggie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:45 PM

Last year was my first season of Beauty and the Geek and I loved it. I watched the premiere of the new season tonight, while flipping to see what I could stand of the finale of Big Bother.

The girl geek, guy beauty thing should be interesting. I thought, I think, three, of the guy geeks this year could actually be quite good looking when they get cleaned up.

The casting of this show is generally pretty good, I think. Most of the people seem like genuinely nice people, and there are few that I "hate" like on some of the other reality shows. (Cece, I'm looking at you!) It's nice to watch a semi-feelgood reality show every once in awhile...

...like Who Wants to Be a Superhero, that just ended. Those aspiring hero geeks are so dorky and adorable, and I like that a show genuinely tries to reward nice people for a change.

#8 Ronnieroller

Ronnieroller

Sketchy!

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:00 AM

So am I the only one who loves the Beauty and the Geek. Such a great premise for a show. I could sit and watch them interview people, American Idol style, for hours.

Did I miss something? Is there a new season of this show and I missed the opener? How the hell did that happen? When is it on, where is it on and is ther a repeat this week like other seasons so I can catch the first one.

#9 siandam

siandam

Entertain us, dammit!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:50 AM

Did I miss something? Is there a new season of this show and I missed the opener? How the hell did that happen? When is it on, where is it on and is ther a repeat this week like other seasons so I can catch the first one.

It started last night from 7-9. There was casting and then the pairing up of the teams. The "big" twist was also revealed - a girl geek and a beauty guy.

The casting seems very good, v. geeky guys and v. beautiful but ditzy beauties. Looks to be another great season.

#10 jerrye25

jerrye25

Power of Veto

• 2,400 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

It started last night from 7-9. There was casting and then the pairing up of the teams. The "big" twist was also revealed - a girl geek and a beauty guy.

The casting seems very good, v. geeky guys and v. beautiful but ditzy beauties. Looks to be another great season.

It was really fun and I was happy to see Nate and Jenny Lee again, they almost have an Eric and Jessica type quality. Everytime I watch this show, it amazes me that people in this world are this dumb, I wonder if they are acting. But even if they were, I wouldn't care, it's so damn entertaining.

#11 Ronnieroller

Ronnieroller

Sketchy!

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Could someone please send me a memo the next time this show (Beauty and the Geek) will be on so I can get it into my TV watching routine please. Well a PM would probably work just as well. Also if there is a repeat of the opener this week I would apprecaite a heads up. It sounds like it was really a good first show and I missed it Dammit!

Thank you!

Edited to say thank you Jerrye25 and I hope your redecorating is going well

Edited by Ronnieroller, 19 September 2007 - 04:48 PM.

#12 jerrye25

jerrye25

Power of Veto

• 2,400 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Could someone please send me a memo the next time this show (Beauty and the Geek) will be on so I can get it into my TV watching routine please. Well a PM would probably work just as well. Also if there is a repeat of the opener this week I would apprecaite a heads up. It sounds like it was really a good first show and I missed it Dammit!

Thank you!

According to CW Website, Thursday night (tomorrow) at 8:00 PM they will rerun it.

#13 cubkip

cubkip

ZING!

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

I dvr'd it but haven't watched it yet. Right now, thanks to a heads up from (Lurker, FMC, Gunshyne????) I am watching Kid Nation. It really is good and something I can watch with my daughter. Whoever suggested this, thanks!

#14 Koolaid Kid

Koolaid Kid

Snark. It's what's for dinner.

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

I dvr'd it but haven't watched it yet. Right now, thanks to a heads up from (Lurker, FMC, Gunshyne????) I am watching Kid Nation. It really is good and something I can watch with my daughter. Whoever suggested this, thanks!

I thought it was pretty good, too. The host annoyed some, but the kids didn't which is amazing really. I was hoping that the kids did more of the choosing of what to do, but I guess that's asking a bit much under the circumstances. And I was figuring that by the end of the second day at the outside the kids would have ousted the town council and chose their own leaders, especially Little Miss "I'm a Beauty Queen, I don't do dishes" and Mr. "I was doing stuff even if he couldn't see it."

It was entertaining, though, and not too cutesy. We'll give it another look next week.

ETA:

Top Chef was pretty good this week. I was satisfied with the elimination, and glad that they had an actual fine-dining style competition that featured skills they might actually have to use as a Top Chef. Dale had the quote of the show, though (speaking of Hung, I believe):
"The best food has heart and when you don't have one it doesn't taste good."

Edited by Koolaid Kid, 20 September 2007 - 10:44 PM.

#15 gunshyne

gunshyne

patiently awaiting a mass Hammicide

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:33 AM

Koolaid Kid I thought the same thing about the "council" on Kid Nation. I think they should have Sophia for council & the boy micheal that always has good speeches. Lil Miss Georgia got on my nerves. which is sad to say I can't even watch a show about kids and not have someone I don't like.Mike, the other council member irked me too. All in all I liked it, and think it will be pretty cool to see how these kids do.

Edited by gunshyne, 21 September 2007 - 11:44 AM.

Reply to this topic