No replies to this topic

#1 FistyHT

FistyHT

Head of Household

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Fisty knows it's easy to forget your login information between seasons. Here are some steps to help you get back into your account. Please read all the way through before emailing Fisty in a panic. And remember: Fisty does NOT allow multiple accounts, so don't just create a new one out of frustration -- the recaps will still be there once you've taken the time to work the problem through.

"I don't remember my password!"

Use the Lost Password tool. You will need to know the email address you used to sign up. Put in your information, and the board will send you an email with a link to reset your password.

"Your stupid message board didn't send me an email!!!"

PLEASE check your spam and trash folders to make sure your email didn't get routed there by your email service. This happens to many people. If you used the Lost Password tool multiple times out of frustration, you must use the MOST RECENT email you received.

"I don't remember the email address I used to sign up!"

Try the Lost Password tool with your account username instead of the email address. Hopefully, you'll get an email at one of your current addresses.

"Nothing's working! AHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!"

Stop freaking out. There are still a few things to try. First, it is possible that you are using the wrong login name. Our board software allows for a different LOGIN name than the USER name you use around the site. Try and remember if you signed up with the same name as your current user name. (Users that are logged in can ask an admin to change the login name for them so these two match in future.)

"I still can't get in!!! You people SUCK!"

Take a chill pill! You're getting Fisty all stressed out; the grouchy little dude is going to need a massage. If you have followed all the advice above and you're still in need of help, email Fisty at hamstertime@hamstertime.net. Fisty's helpers all have real jobs and need to do things such as eat and, you know, sleep...so don't be offended if it takes them a little while to get back to you.

"I think I tried to log in with the wrong password too many times..."

If you've tried to get in with the wrong password over and over and over and over, the board will think you're some kind of evil spammer-hacker douche and lock you out. You'll have to wait for an admin to come along and unlock the account for you. This can take a few hours, so please be patient.