2039 replies to this topic

#1531 LAnimeMaster

LAnimeMaster

Agent Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Maybe Julie meant that if Andy was leaving, he'd have to answer to the people in jury house. I dunno.

I understand why people would want McCrae to go just so they can see Amanda lose it some more, but there is that possiblity that both might be out the door with Thursday being double eviction. It is possible. I honestly don't care which one of them leaves, so if one of them or both of them goes, I'll be happy.

#1532 ODPirategirl

ODPirategirl

ΟΔΠ "Dread"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can definately see the concern for the smack down influencing Aaryn's jury vote if there was a minority she had targeted with her 'jokes' left in the house to vote for, but Andy is the only one left and her voting for him wouldn't surprise me because they worked together. I just don't see out of whats left in the house, who she could choose to vote for that could change people's oppinion of her.

#1533 LAnimeMaster

LAnimeMaster

Agent Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

I don't think it really matters at this point, and it's not going to make a lot of difference. People will call her vote BS if she did vote for Andy. it's going to take more than a vote to convince me that she's changed. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

#1534 Tsylyst

Tsylyst

Head of Household

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

It's not that her vote WOULD change people's opinions, it's that she might THINK her vote could change people's opinions for the better...or that she would vote a certain way as not to make people's opinions of her even worse. And thus, her vote has been influenced by the questions.

#1535 ODPirategirl

ODPirategirl

ΟΔΠ "Dread"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

I understand what you're saying Tsylyst, I just don't quite see who she would even think she could vote for that would change anything. If Candice, Howard, or Helen were still in the house I could definately see her mind working in that way, but who is even left that would bring that to mind for her? I guess maybe Andy, but once he's gone (if he goes), who is left for her to even consider in this light?

#1536 ff174

ff174

That's Mr. ffhoppy, to you

• Members
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

CBS was in a Catch-22 situation. If they did hit her hard, it could influence her decision. If they didn't, they would be accused of sweeping the whole thing under the rug.

I have never been a proponent of having cameras in the jury house (Do you really think that the jury members are more interesting with nothing at stake??), but I would love to see how Aaryn reacts not only to the tongue lashing dlievered by Ms. Chen, but also how she interacts with Candice.

Jules kind of threw us a curve. Before the inquisition of Aaryn, she said that she could not ask questions that would give the HG any information as to what's going on in the outside world. I figured that she was going to throw a couple of softballs at Aaryn. Then she ran pole through her ... which, come on. Aaryn is a lot of things, one of them is that she is not stupid. She is easily going to figure out that she has been labeled a racist by not only the BB viewing audience, but by anyone who has paid attention to the news, lately.

Edited by ff174, 30 August 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#1537 Sophy

Sophy

Who's the bunny now, bitch?

• Members
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

On another note - I've decided I want McCrae voted out on Thursday, and Amanda to stay for at least another week. McCrae just sits there and eats his hands and says "I don't know" incessantly (when he's not sleeping), while Amanda brings the very things we feedsters love. Don't get me wrong, I don't like her even a little bit, but I tried to imagine the feeds without her and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

So, purely for my entertainment value, McCrae needs to go on Thursday followed by either GM or Spencer I guess (tho they both do amuse me at times), leaving crazy Amanda without her man, nervousing rat Andy, smug Elissa (not because I like her either, but she's the fuel for Amanda's crazy fire), and Mumble-Judd, plus either GM or Spencer (whoever doesn't go 2nd on Thursday) to dance for me and keep me watching the feeds during these last dull final days.

F2 I don't care - but at this point I'd like Judd to win it all.

Edited by Sophy, 30 August 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#1538 Tsylyst

Tsylyst

Head of Household

• Admin
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

I understand what you're saying Tsylyst, I just don't quite see who she would even think she could vote for that would change anything. If Candice, Howard, or Helen were still in the house I could definately see her mind working in that way, but who is even left that would bring that to mind for her? I guess maybe Andy, but once he's gone (if he goes), who is left for her to even consider in this light?

I think of it this way: She knows that Amanda, GM and Spencer have each also said some combo of racist/homophobic/sexist things. She can (incorrectly) assume that the average home viewers know about that the same way they know about her own offenses. If one of those three is in the Final Two against, for example, Elissa, she might think that it would be better for her own image to throw her vote to a non-controversial person than to GM and then get blasted for rewarding a "fellow racist."

The reality is that her image is so tarnished, it would hardly matter.

#1539 ff174

ff174

• Members
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

I agree. without Amanda, this is what you have ...

Andy - dull

Elissa - only became "interesting" when she nominated McCrae. Otherwise - dull

Spencer - One can only make so many bottle jokes

Judd - dull

McCrae - dull2

VGM - It's already a given that she is a racist bitch. Other than that, her only hooks are her colorful language and her obsession with Nick; which is no longer creepy, just pathetic.

#1540 Shannon

Shannon

old, fat & pissed off

• Members
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I have to wonder, too, if BB wasn't making sure that Aaryn knows how she's acted and treated Candice, as a warning, Candice and Helen are in the jury house and people are watching.  A head's up that you are on notice, keep is civil.

#1541 LAnimeMaster

LAnimeMaster

Agent Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Maybe CBS just decided that they had to come to a decision: call Aaryn out on her racist comments and risk influencing the vote, or don't mention and risk being denounced by the viewers and anyone who knows what's going on. Of course the consequences of the latter option probably aren't THAT severe, but they probably just figured that addressing this situation was more important than compromising someone else's chance at the grand prize. In that light, they made the right call. Adding in the fact that half of the people left are guilty of the same thing, no one would really lose much sleep if Aaryn's vote was influenced in giving it to someone who hasn't made racist/homophobic comments. They were in a tight spot, but it seems like they went with the option that would create virtually no problems or backlash for them.

#1542 buffyvol

buffyvol

It's short for Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Barely sane Amanda is kinda fun to watch, but "Batshit without her man" Amanda? I really don't know. But at the same time, I don't want the jury house to have to put up with her either. They already have Ariyan. If Amanda goes to the jury, Ariyan will glom onto her and they will stir shit. I doubt Ariyan will say anything to Candice and Candice is just trying to enjoy her holiday. But I think A and A will terrorize Candice if they are together. Maybe Amanda will just DOR when she and Mac go up. *crosses fingers*

#1543 ff174

ff174

• Members
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

When did Amanda ever terrorize Candice in the BB house?

Year after year, people speculate that the jury house will become some kind of blood bath. I remember everyone saying that Jeff and Russell were going to come to blows. It didn't happen. It never has happened.

The BB house is a pressure cooker that turns nice people bitchy, bitchy people into bitches and bitches into raging bitches. Once they get to the jury house, all that pressure is removed, and the ex-Hg's just sit back and chill-axe.

Plus, they are too united in their hatred of those still in the house. See Dan from last year.

Edited by ff174, 30 August 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#1544 LAnimeMaster

LAnimeMaster

Agent Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

You're right. Really there's no point to stay mad in the jury house anymore. You both aren't getting the grand prize; the game's over with. There may have been some tense moments, but I don't really remember a blown out fight in the jury house. I think part of it is because it's been at the least a week until you see them again, and by then most of that hatred has probably cooled, unless it's double eviction week. But even if that happened, the fact that they lost too is still probably enough to cool your anger. Ultimately, I feel they all come to the conclusion that fighting in the jury house is kinda pointless.

#1545 chrysana

chrysana

Allstar Hamster

• Members
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Mamachristmas, I would like to see only one of them go this week, but it has to be Amanda going. If she somehow manages to survive the double eviction, I fear for the rest of the house. If Elissa was still in the house, I really think Amanda would completely go off the deep end and I'm not sure she's stable enough to not physically attack Elissa. 

I agree that I only want one to go this week; but, want McCrae to go.  Amanda will probably go off the deep end, but I'm not worried about her assaulting Elissa.  I don't think she'll go there, and if she does, well, she'll be removed by way of Russell and I'll get a bit of entertainment.  I'm feeling really bitchy right now, but realize I don't really care.  Is it wrong that I'm OK with Elissa getting punched in the scrum by Amanda for my entertainment? 

Year after year, people speculate that the jury house will become some kind of blood bath. I remember everyone saying that Jeff and Russell were going to come to blows. It didn't happen. It never has happened.

The BB house is a pressure cooker that turns nice people bitchy, bitchy people into bitches and bitches into raging bitches. Once they get to the jury house, all that pressure is removed, and the ex-Hg's just sit back and chill-axe.

Exactly.  It's a huge space with outdoor and indoor options to stay away from each other if that's what you'd like.  My guess is Aaryn and Candice will never be buddy buddy, but will manage to stay civil in jury...or just stay apart.  Candice has had time to decompress and Aaryn can hide out until she decompresses.  It won't just be the two of them, Jesse and Helen are there too.