437 replies to this topic

#1 rappy

rappy

Fisty's Momma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

Need info about the site or the show? Ask your question here and give us a chance to go all Shapiro on your ass.

(Please check the other threads in this forum, as well as other posts in this thread, to see if your question has already been answered before posting it here. Thanks!)

Edited by Magpie, 16 June 2007 - 08:25 PM.

#2 Jannie

Jannie

Hamster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:50 PM

Does anyone know if there are automatic voting things like with last years America's Choice? Please let me!! know

#3 Tsylyst

Tsylyst

Head of Household

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

Auto-voting is now available on CBS.com.

#4 Jannie

Jannie

Hamster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:34 AM

Auto-voting is now available on CBS.com.

Is there somewhere that will keep voting for a certain person or do we have to do it by hand everytime?

#5 Tsylyst

Tsylyst

Head of Household

• Admin
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:44 AM

Well, I'm sure there are ways out there to cheat, but HT isn't endorsing that. It looks like you can click as many times as you want, but once your IP address logs its 6 votes, the page stops loading them.

#6 Jannie

Jannie

Hamster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

Well, I'm sure there are ways out there to cheat, but HT isn't endorsing that. It looks like you can click as many times as you want, but once your IP address logs its 6 votes, the page stops loading them.

Thank You!!

#7 KatJam

KatJam

Wait for my go

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:53 AM

Oh poop. I just started voting with reckless abandon. I'm sure my six were used mostly on Kaysar, which I didn't mean to do.

At least I can vote six more times at home!

#8 elizabethann

elizabethann

Fisty's Crazy Auntie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

It looks like you can click as many times as you want, but once your IP address logs its 6 votes, the page stops loading them.

Not only can I vote from home and work, but there are several people working in my office who leave their computers on when they go to lunch. Looks like I'll be having hamster for lunch today.

#9 Aplomb

Aplomb

Jun (thwacka! thwacka!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

What do I need to do, so that when I click on an already visited topic, it takes me to the first post I didn't see on my previous visit, and not the first post of the thread? Thanks.

#10 Tsylyst

Tsylyst

Head of Household

• Admin
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:03 AM

Hit the orange box (Posted Image) and it will take you to the new posts in the thread since your last visit.

#11 PuffTrinket

PuffTrinket

Smarter than a Dustbin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:43 PM

this is an AIM question- and I ma sure it's a really obvious one. What does it mean te the AIM guy is flashing an envelope? does htat mean I have mail or an IM? If mail, do I really have to go through the whole sign up thing again to get it?

#12 Highwaygirl

Highwaygirl

Fisty's Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

this is an AIM question- and I ma sure it's a really obvious one. What does it mean te the AIM guy is flashing an envelope? does htat mean I have mail or an IM? If mail, do I really have to go through the whole sign up thing again to get it?

I think it means that the email address associated with your AIM account has mail. I think you can turn off that flashing envelope thingy under Preferences somewhere.

#13 mic813

mic813

Chenbot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Sweet, I believe I found the right thread to post my question. The show begins on July 5. When do the hamsters move into the house? When do the feeds go live?

#14 tooletta

tooletta

That's an Overwhelming No.

• Members
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Sweet, I believe I found the right thread to post my question. The show begins on July 5. When do the hamsters move into the house? When do the feeds go live?

I'm not sure exactly when they move in. They may be there already, but I think it's generally about 4 days before the premiere.
The live feeds shouldn't begin until after the first show finishes airing on the West Coast. Sometimes the feeds will "accidentally" flash a shot or two of the hamsters before that time, and sometimes you can hear stuff~ I'm guessing it's just the production crew doing tests and getting things ready to go.

You can see what's currently on the quad feed right now by looking at my screencap in the test thread. Otherwise not much will be happening until Thursday night.

Edited by tooletta, 30 June 2007 - 08:39 AM.

#15 lifeonhold

lifeonhold

Hamster

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

The hamsters are already in the house and have been since about mid-week; they always go in before the names are released and the promos using clips of them begin. The Early Show on Thursday revealed the BB8 houseguests so they probably went in just before that.