Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Brook and Claire

spartini   

Poor Brook, not only enduring a grueling episode of When Flying Fruit Attacks, but then to have to listen to Claire's voice for the rest of the day on top of a numb face? You obviously were wearing your ovaries on the outside that day, I salute you, but I can't stand your partner.

Minxy   
You obviously were wearing your ovaries on the outside that day

*dies*

Girl is going to flinch if she even smells a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

ff174   

I agree. The impact was quite intense, but she soldiered on with a minimum of complaining, so good for her.

They (well, mostly Brook) are still annoying.

The post challenge interview made me really like them. They were in line for first place and then the watermelon.....and then they both doubled over laughing. They KNEW it was funny. I want to muzzle Brook and tell her "inside voice" but so far I'm impressed.

Edited by kenyabirdy

Sardonic   

There is a CBS.com post-leg interview in which Claire expresses her fears that her home shopping hosting career would be ruined by facial paralysis, and also explained her watermelon-launching strategy (to which Brook cracked up at how SERIOUSLY Claire was explaining her strategy at launching watermelons at a statue) and the two were cracking up the entire time... yeah, I like them. Brook may need to work on the indoor voice thing, but I like them. In a weird way, they kind of remind me of (unlikely comparison, I know) Linda and Karen, the "bowling moms" of season 5. Similar dynamic... supportive (but loud) blonde and quieter (but tough) brunette... capable racers, maybe not the fastest or strongest but don't make huge mistakes either...

Edited by lurker
unnecessary quote of previous post

ff174   

God help me, but I am starting to like these two.

I really like teams who revel in the wonderment that is The Race. These two are having a hell of a good time, while embracing the local culture. Sure, they are a little over-the-top, but they can still laugh at themselves, and don't take themselves too seriously.

Plus, race wise, they are kind of kick-ass.

MrsGryn   

Me, too, ff174. I wanted to dislike them because of the whole chipper, happy attitude. But no, they have to prove themselves to be gamers along the way as well. Dammit!

It's nice, we have several all girl teams that seem to have a real chance at the finale. Team QVC is one of them.

Shannon   

I can't help but get behind a team where one took a fricking watermelon to the face and keep on going. I hate the kissing crap and the full-on body smashing...feel my boobs...hugging of locals.

spartini   

The whole climbing into the tractor and smooching with the farmer made me think of Samantha in Sex and the City when she went to stay in the country with Carrie. I'm not saying that's a good thing, nor am I saying it's a bad thing.

ETA: Ohhhh! I'm glad they cleared this up last night. So they're kissing a man on every leg of the race. Well, that's kinda nice. I don't know if I'm more concerned about what they might pick up on the race, or what they're leaving behind them. I guess it could be viewed as charming, but I think it's kind of skanky.

SO excited for next week when the one with the iron face tells the one who won't shut up to SHUT UP! Can't wait!

Edited by spartini

Shannon   

I swear if Brook doesn't STFU I'm going to scream! I hope to never hear that screeching yelling she does ever again. If I were Claire I'd punch her in the scum.

angelmi   

She does have an annoying sound to her voice even when just talking. Ready for finale!

Shannon   

It's too bad Claire and Vicki couldn't have hooked up while Screechy voice and Nick could lose together.

tooletta   

I can't look at her or listen to her without thinking of Kathy Lee Gifford. That's never a good thing.

spartini   

In all fairness it could have been the edit, but while running to the elevator at the port Brook is screeching "Come on Claire!" (I'm so happy I don't have to hear that again!) and Claire is right beside her, keeping pace with her and I just wanted to muzzle her. It's her voice, and of course people with annoying voices like that LOVE to talk. I'm sad the race is over, but I'm thrilled her voice is off my TV!

PhilG   

Am I the only one who Brook reminded of Mirna (of Charla and Mirna infamy)?