Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Bachelor/ette

Most.  Dramatic.  Finale.  Ever.   Good for Hannah.  If it doesn't work out with her, maybe Tyler will be the next Bachelor.  Even if it does, he could possibly get picked for DWTS.  The boy can dance.  

MrsGryn   

I still prefer Mike for the next Bachelor, but wouldn't be upset if it turned out to be Peter the Pilot. 

It's baaaaccckkkk!  Given the casting of a new Hannah among the ladies, my unspoiled/uneducated guess is Peter ends up with Hannah.  BUT!  Will it be new Hannah or she's-already-rejected-you-once Hannah?  I know nothing - except how Bachelor production thinks.

MrsGryn   

I'm thinking not Hannah...or Hannah Ann. Looks like that idiot Kelsey goes far enough to tell him she loves him. Why? Whyyyyy does he keep her around? She wore a strapless jumpsuit with NO! NECKLACE! Awful!   

On the other hand, that face full of champagne was classic. And I totally think production manipulated Champagne-gate from the get-go. Well done, soulless TV minions. 

Hannah Ann has no idea what the term "bullying" means. It does NOT mean someone telling you they don't like you. That's not being a bully. 

Natasha is very forthright. I liked that. 

So Hannah actually "won" the Bachelor......the finale show, not the pilot.  So many of my friends are freaking out about Peter's mother's over-involvement, but I openly admit that she and I may share some of the same qualities when it comes to watching sons pick the wrong women.  I mean, if Hannah Ann's murder of Peter wasn't enjoyable enough for me, the fact that HIS mother sat in the audience clapping along with the verbal assault of her own son was priceless. 

Peter is actually more of a freakin' mess than we all realized.  He spent nearly a third of his season being still hung up on Hannah B - outwardly encouraged the stupid girl drama which went on throughout the majority of the season and then didn't show high enough intelligence to even question why one of his final THREE women would wait until that moment in the show's journey to throw down an ultimatum about fantasy suite activity.....an ultimatum which he ignored and admitted to ignoring only to result in her saying she'd stay to fight for their love only to have her leave the race just 3 feet from the finish line.  THAT's the woman he feels will serve him best as a life partner.   They both clearly deserve each other.  

All that said - I'm sure Peter will appear on Bachelor in Paradise in the upcoming season.....where they'll have Madison join the moment after Peter falls instantly in love with the next victim.  

I am totally Team Peter's Mom.  Madison did nothing to dispute mom's recollection of the events of the home visit.  Madison was rude towards the family when she finally met with them and appeared smug while watching mom and dad speak.

And as far as my feelings about Peter.. Biggest. Bachelor. Dick. Ever.  I give that relationship a few months.  Will she freak out when Peter goes out for beers?  Will she allow alcohol in their home if they get married? 

MrsGryn   

I'm on Team Madison as Barb, Peter's mom, was unconscionably rude. This is her son's choice, not hers. As the parent, she can quietly question his choice and try leading him to see what she views as flaw or incompatibility. If Peter ever grows up, this may be a breaking point in their relationship forever more.

I've never watched the Bachelor or the Bachelorette, not even when I went to junior high and high school with a girl who was on, got the final rose, and then became the Bachelorette, but I know enough to wonder if they will cast mostly black women as his choices and throw in a few white women in like they do in reverse for the white Bachelors. Why do I have the feeling ABC will miss the mark and still cast like 5 black women and 15 white women for him to choose from? 

AVorlon   

That's a good question. I would like to think they would ask the guy what he's looking for,  and stack the deck in that direction. If he wants a well educated black woman, then stack the deck that way.  Unfortunately, the demographics of the viewers is probably the overriding concern. Will white suburban women still want to watch it?

I'm guessing more of a 50/50 split, including as many bi-racial women they can find. Bring on the Meghan Markle clones!      

MrsGryn   
11 hours ago, nixiechick said:

... I went to junior high and high school with a girl who was on, got the final rose, and then became the Bachelorette,..

I'm going to need more information. 

Glad we finally have an African-American Bachelor. I don't care what race the men are as long as they look good on my TV and I can make fun of them. *shallow*

3 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

I'm going to need more information. 

Glad we finally have an African-American Bachelor. I don't care what race the men are as long as they look good on my TV and I can make fun of them. *shallow*

I went to school with Jen Schefft, she was a year ahead of me.