Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Bachelor/ette

I was just wondering...is it really necessary to add "male" to model?  We know he's a male, and he claims to be a model, but Giselle Bündchen isn't called a female model.  Now I'm thinking maybe I should get a hobby and find more important things to worry about.

Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be, kids.

tlh9   

Just like we were pondering with that dude on Survivor... why does the obvious part of "male" have to be stated?  Like sometimes you still hear "male nurse", too.  Well, duh... 

I guess because those professions are considered, at least by some, to be either (a) unmanly, or (b) dominated by women?

Man, this was a week for unexpected encounters......Colton encountered Tia.....Dave's face encountered the floor....and Clay encountered the possibility of ending his career in order to win Becca's heart.   Is it too early to scream "Clay Harbor is the next Bachelor!!!"?  Because if ABC can postpone the filming until the season is over mid-February, he would make an amazing bachelor candidate!

I'm not a fan of episodes which end without a rose ceremony.  I prefer closure.  I prefer structure.  Stop messing that up for me, ABC. 

Is Jason seeking Becca's heart - or Chris Harrison's hosting gig.....or the color commentator for the Bills?  He was in his glory asking questions amid the Colton/Tia,, David/Jordan, etc drama.  

I would have been perfectly content never seeing Bekah again - but  you take the good, you take the bad - and I did enjoy seeing the rest of the gals show up for Becca in what seemed like a silly way to utilize their appearance.  Was that spa so small that they all needed to be in that confined room together?  May have been more interesting to see the guys interact with the women separately and pick their brains about how to win Becca over.....or watch as they hit on the other single ladies.  

Regarding that Colton/Tia drama - I'm no longer convinced they've even actually met before.  To have all that drama end up with they only kissed - well, it sounds more like a scripted production back story than reality.  Fleiss-reality, I suppose.  Akin to the "reality" of the ambulance taking away a bloody-faced, chicken-costume-wearing lad while heavily hinting that he had been jumped by Zoolander.

4,000 Tinder matches in one year.  What is the fascination of this generation with numbers of clicks/likes/swipes?  This group compares match percentages rather than IQ scores.  

Richard Marx is ageless thanks to whomever the doctor is who is pulling his face back every 5 years.  I saw that man in concert, long before auto-tune or backing vocals were the norm, and his live voice was absolutely pure velvet.  I attended so many concerts in my youth - but my two favorite live vocalists were him and George Michael (RIP).  Note on that comparison - Celine Dion was another concert I attended.  That being said - I couldn't have cared less about that date of songwriting.  Chris reminds me of a boy-bander.  Can't think of the exact one who's in my mind, but I think it could be the dude from Color Me Badd.  

I did enjoy the football group date - Clay may have mastered the perfect blend of "I got this" and "just for fun" - at least up until he broke his wrist.  Also worth noting, Garrett was a BEAST on that field as well.  And we have another week of Lincoln being unable to follow simple directions/rules when it comes to their group date.  Was his accent much more British this week?

If it wasn't sad enough to see Clay leave - they couldn't have even brought the man a car?  Was he walking all the way back to the hospital?  And did they really need to take his rose from him?  You'd imagine they'd have a few extra on hand each week in case of emergency.  Dammit, Fleiss, Clay deserved better!

So, is the Zoolander/ChickenGuy 2-on-1 date happening next week or the week after?  Because we know it's definitely happening, right?  I mean, it's ABC, and we'll have the ultimate Beauty and The Beast concept for a date with the princess.

Edited by copssister

MrsGryn   

I am totally on board with Clay as the next Bachelor. He seems pretty nice, reasonably intelligent (for someone who goes on this show), has a sense of humor, and is nice to look at. I guess we'll never know what his fatal flaw is now. 

My favorite part of the show was the guys smothering their laughter at the David-Jordan show. As a producer's choice to stick around, Pensive Gentleman is hilarious fun. 

Okay, the truth is my favorite part was when Becca forgot Jason's name. Even SHE needs nametags on these guys!

Down with the no rose ceremony thing. Hate that, too.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:56 AM, copssister said:

Lincoln - Long before the previews of the season at the end of last night's show, good old Linc just didn't seem to be what he says he is.  We'll see, as it appears he lingers pretty far into the race for her heart, but I'm going to want to see some receipts for most of what he's selling.  Plus, he's just a baby at 26 - he hasn't matured out of "player" yet.  

Geez - I didn't imagine he'd be a sexual criminal [TMZ].  Between Garrett having his conservative/possibly intolerant "likes" on social media revealed and now this deviant/evil behavior from Lincoln.....now that Clay is gone, it's going to be difficult to cheer on any of her relationships.  

The comments on that article are hysterical - only because they're SCREAMING for him to be removed from the show.  Ummmm.....guess those commenting are American Idol fans and not really familiar with how the show works.  

So, Garrett didn't flinch at the same-sex marriage for the bobsledders - perhaps he's not as intolerant as his social media persona?  I'm onboard with Garrett - and not just because we got to listen to his sad story of how emotional abuse ended his young marriage while the camera focused on his crotch.  

For someone who was in ICU after falling out of bed, I'd imagined we'd see at least one stitch on his face.  Just some outward bruising under his eye the week before I imagine we'll witness some ego-bruising as Becca dumps them both on her 2:1 date with them.....which would be completely recycling the Bachelor/ette scene of a desert 2:1 date where no one "wins".  

I miss Clay.

I'm also pleased that we're down to just one man-bun.

Lincoln should sail off on a journey to prove the Earth is flat.

Who is John and who is Wills?  When did these guys join the show?

Jordan.....oh, Jordan.  What exactly does “I’m much like a sponge: You can squeeze me, and get everything out of me, but you’ll never know unless you try.” mean?  I did love the gold lamé short-shorts....not only do you have his pants, your IQ is as high as Rocky Horror's. 

I firmly believe that Jean Blanc was asking for the perfume back so he could chug it on the ride home.   

For someone so intelligent and aware as Jordan claims to be, how could he have missed Becca's reaction to his attempts to kiss her?  So uncomfortable.  My guess is that the producers are keeping him around for comic relief.

MrsGryn   

Pensive Gentleman does make her laugh, though. Not in the right way but at least she's laughing.

Wills seemed nice, normal, intelligent. Also, I have never seen this John fellow before in my life. Where do these random men come from during the middle of the season? 

There is something that feels off about Colton. Nothing specific but I just get a vibe that he's there as a player.