Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

Shannon   

When did Jeff use it? I can't remember if it was during the POV or eviction night. I'd love it saved until the very last second before votes, so Brenda will be totally jolted and not ready and the hammies will be drooling to vote and be throw for a loop. BB owes us this after the incredibly stupid Rachel visit.

Tsylyst   

FOR THE RECORD:

When Matt read the instructions on the Aug. 8 broadcast episode, they said:

"Congratulations, you now hold the Diamond Power of Veto. This veto not only gives you the power to save yourself or someone else from the block, it also allows you to name the replacement nominee. This veto may be used only once at one of the next two evictions. You must keep your power a secret or risk losing it."

ETA: That's transcribed from the broadcast ep.

Damn! Love her or hate her, Britney is hand-down the best social game talker of any season of BB I have ever seen. Anything can happen between now and Thursday, but it sure looks like she is safe from the block. If Matt goes up and uses DPOV Thursday, I think it'll be either Enzo or Kathy as replacement. Please make my dreams come true and evict Enzo on Thursday. If that happens, this may well be my favorite season of BB EVAH.

HT Mike   
When did Jeff use it? I can't remember if it was during the POV or eviction night. I'd love it saved until the very last second before votes, so Brenda will be totally jolted and not ready and the hammies will be drooling to vote and be throw for a loop. BB owes us this after the incredibly stupid Rachel visit.

Jeff used the Coup D'Etat power on eviction night just before the vote. Jeff's power was stronger. He could replace both nominees and name their replacements. He could not nominate either the HOH or the Veto Holder. This caused Chima's huge meltdown.

Alise   
Damn! Love her or hate her, Britney is hand-down the best social game talker of any season of BB I have ever seen. Anything can happen between now and Thursday, but it sure looks like she is safe from the block. If Matt goes up and uses DPOV Thursday, I think it'll be either Enzo or Kathy as replacement. Please make my dreams come true and evict Enzo on Thursday. If that happens, this may well be my favorite season of BB EVAH.

Would be awesome if that happens, but it's Matt who can use the DPOV in the event he's named to replace Ragan.I think the replacement is going to be Kathy (unless he goes with the idea she's the add on Brigade member), in which case it will be Britney.

I have to laugh, Brendan's back, Rachel is gone, and no one is talking about it anymore, they're yakking about sports in the backyard.

I wouldn't mind at all if Kathy went. I've been giving her the benefit of the doubt in spite of being a lay-about, but she's turned into a right snake recently.

Minxy   

If Britney keeps at it with Brendon, he *could* put Enzo up when Ragan uses the POV to save himself. If that were to happen, I think Matt would have to sit on the DPOV and hope it's not revealed that he had it.

Kathy and Enzo are hilarious sitting around talking about how if they win HOH they are putting up horrible evil Britney. Right guys keep smoking and lazing around to get ready for the comps you'll never win. I swear they are jealous of Britney for some reason, from what I can tell they hate her because she is not dirt poor and dares to talk people in the house. Major bittercakes on the couch right now!

hefgypsy   

Jeff used it right before the live vote for eviction. What's confusing me is that Jeff's power was called the Coup d'etat where as Matt's power is DPOV. Since it is a 'type' of POV, I'm thinking it has to be used during the Veto ceremony. I HOPE not. It would be great if it can be used at the last minute a la 'Survivor'. The Brigade gets exposed because Matt knows they were planning on keeping Lane so he puts Enzo up and Enzo the Asshole walks out the door.

Tsylyst   

Coup d'Etat: Holder overthrows the HOH, making his own nominations at the eviction ceremony

Diamond Power of Veto: Holder vetos ONE of the nominations at the eviction ceremony and names a replacement, who can not be the current HOH or Golden Power of Veto holder

Tsylyst   

Yes, which can not be either the current veto holder (Ragan) or the current HOH (Brendon).

CycleRob   

As Tsy pointed out above, I'm pretty sure the DPOV will be used (if it's used at all) on eviction night. The Chenbot basically confirmed this on Thursday's show when she was doing her preview for the upcoming week. She said something like, "And a week from tonight, Matt has one last chance to use the Diamond Power of Veto. Will he use it on next Thursday's live eviction show?"

If Matt uses it and the person voted out is NOT one of Brendon's nominees, I wonder if that means Brendon can play in HOH again this week, as happened with Chima last year? But maybe since this isn't a Coup D'etat--an HOH overthrow with both nominees overturned--that means Brendon has to sit it out like every other HOH?

Tsylyst   

The Diamond Power of Veto does not overthrow the HOH, as the Coup d'Etat does. Therefore, Brendon remains HOH and is not eligible to compete Thursday.

The DPoV is not as powerful as the Coup D'etat in several respects, including this.

ETA: Think of the Diamond Power of Veto as the regular Golden Power of Veto, just used as a surprise at the eviction ceremony instead of the regular veto ceremony. Plus the holder gets to name the replacement. BUT he doesn't become the HOH.

EATA since I'm already on a roll:

The special powers in the house, ranked from least to greatest:

Power of Veto (BB3, now defunct)

Golden Power of Veto (the weekly veto since BB4)

Diamond Power of Veto (appearing in BB4 and BB12)

Coup d'Etat (appearing in BB7 and BB11)