Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

grapey   

But Z? Conspiracy theories are way more fun than facts.

*forbidden smile icon*

Edited by Tsylyst
Forbidden smile icon!?!? Why, I oughta...! -Tsy

jerrye25   

I'm just gonna rant for a moment.

I'm so fed up with this Big Brother, I can't stand Rachel, she finally gets sent out and they bring her back. I don't know if there is a reason that she came back, did TPTB just let her come back because it's Rachel, was this planned out ahead of time or did they make this up after Brendan won HOH?

I usually never believe anyone who says that they're messing with them in the Diary Room to persuade them a certain way and I always think that they have this mapped out from the beginning...yes, I'm naive, I know, but this letting Rachel back in really stinks. Maybe it's a coincidence that Brendan was HOH when it happened and maybe they would have made this offer to whoever won HOH (especially since Julie said it to Rachel about maybe coming back before we knew the HOH winner). Are they gonna make this same offer to upcoming HOHs?

But it really bugs me that she's back. I haven't watched the feeds much lately anyway (and when I do it's non stop bubbles interruptions, which is also bugging me a lot) but I can't watch when she's on. All she does it annoy and pick fights. Her voice bugs me and her stupid laugh is worse. She really has become my most hated house guest of all time and not completely because of her game play, but more because I don't like her as a person. At least with someone like Ronnie or Dick, I can see me being okay with them on the outside. And if she makes an all star year, I may not watch.

So when she leaves again, can someone sent me a PM or something and let me know that it's okay to start watching again.

Thank God football started.

tooletta   

Dude, you're scheduled to do the show recap tonight. Have fun! *runs far, far away from Jerrye*

I can't stand Rachel, either, and hate that she was brought back, even if it is temporary.

There are two reasons I'm glad that Rachel was brought back to the house.

1. Boring hammies turned into confrontation machines!

2. The torture of Brendon living with knowledge that his sweet love came back to the house for enough time for him to get in a few quick mounts...and her only ticket in was the purchase of his passage out.

While not an official reason, I'm thrilled she poked the beehive enough with Ragan that he planted/spewed the seed that America clearly does NOT like her if NO ONE reached out to high-five her as she left on eviction night. Her awkwardly long pause, standing motionless, in the backyard after he slammed the sliding door was spectacular. (whichever Skippy wrote that scene is awesome!!)

I've just grown to accept TPTB involvement more and more ever since BB8. As much as I liked seeing Jessie the Pinhead get booted last season, the Coup d'Etat was a particularly egregious way to keep fan favorites in the game. The Pandora's Box scheme to get Rachel back in the house isn't quite as bad but it doesn't seem particularly fair that an evicted houseguest gets to come back into the house and settle personal scores.

We are only getting half the story at this point, though. On the broadcast show tonight or Wednesday we will get the full story on what's going on.

ETA: If I just accept that BB has no integrity as a game and serves solely as an excuse for Doog TV, Rachel coming back was Doog TV in my book. I'll take fights, threats, secret plotting, and treachery over Ragan and Britney's Let's Snark on People Who Aren't Are Friends Friendship Tea Party everyday of the week.

Edited by ZGeist

ff174   

If Brendon is allowed to interact with the HGs before the POV meeting, it should be interesting. We'll have Enzo and his goombas, along with Weekend at Kathy's all telling Brendon what a no good, low down, dirty, saboteur-accusing double crosser Britney is. They will face off against Britney and her tears.

I'll put my money on Britney. Brendon loves to save damsels in distress.

Next, if I were Matt, I would do anything I could to get on the block. I would then closesly observe my Brogade alliance mates to discover who they favor, Matt or Lane. If I get the sense that they are throwing me under the bus, I would use the DPOV to save myself, and nominate Enzo or Hayden.

In fact, Matt almost has to do that. If he saves himself, and nominates Kathy, he will piss off the Brigade as they consider her the 5th in their alliance (someone useless who they can drag along and dispose of when necessary).

So, given Rachel's antics for the past 18 hours, and the path she's going down now with Lane in the HOH room....I definitely believe TPTB had an agenda by letting her return.

She successfully put doubt in Matt's mind about both Ragan and Britney. She put doubt in Lane's mind about Matt and Britney. She told Enzo he can trust Brendon. She lied to Enzo about Britney saying she thought ENZO was the MOLE, so that he's out to kill Britney. She's convincing Lane he can trust Brendon. She's turned the dead woman/Kathy into a pitbull where Britney is concerned.

Rachel may have succeeded in bumping Matt from the Brigade and replacing him with Brendon. Which is just sad. Brendon can't win the game (or challenges) by himself, so they let her return to the house to lie/cheat/steal Brendon back into the game? We should have know Grodner was guiding the boat when the HOH comp heavily favored big lugs over tiny people.

*sigh*

hefgypsy   

The thing I hate the most about TPTB letting Rachel back in the house (aside from the fact that it screws with the 'integrity of the game') is that it has put that media whore front and center again. She's up in the HOH spewing her words of wisdom as if she was the quintessential BB player. This twist has stroked her ego to the point where she even thinks that she will be asked back for another All Stars BB. Las Vegas girl: you are the first jury member. You did not win the game! Stop telling everyone what they need to do to win and just GO AWAY!

I refuse to watch BBAD or the feeds until Rachel is off my screens for the remainder of the game play. The one thing I do like about her return is the infromation about the immediate post-eviction experience she is sharing with the house. They get so wrapped up in the game, it's nice to be able to know some good things about what to expect if you aren't in F2. If I knew I was going to a mansion in the hills with beautiful views and a pool where I could hole up in my own room, with my own bathroom and watch movies and order whatever food I wanted, I think it would be somewhat consoling. And based on some of the houseguests' reactions last night, I think it was.

spartini   

It's foolish to play the I hope this happens game with Big Brother, but I'm a masochist, so here goes.

I hope: The brigade crumbles this week. According to the master strategist Enzo they'll get Matt up there* and then tell him that he and Haydon are going to split their votes between Matt and Lane and let the house decide. Flag goes up, Matt is onto them, puts up Haydon or Enzo (I'd prefer Enzo, but whatever) Enzo gets the boot, Rachel's head explodes in the jury house.

It's not likely that any of that will happen, but I will hope foolishly until Thursday (Or Monday).

ETA: *= the block, or on top of spaghetti, whatev

Also, it would be equally funny for him to nominate Kathy on the fly just because she'd never be able to explain to Rachel what happened.

Edited by spartini

Shannon   

I don't know about the rest of you, and I doubt it it will make any difference, but I was so pissed off at this cheating way Grodner has allowed Rachel to come back into the game and ruin the good game play of others in favor of what I guess Grodner wants, that I sent a complaint to CBS. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Anyway, for all the good it will do, I did get it off my chest.

It is one thing for America to pick an evictee to come back in, which I find stupid as hell, but this set up where Rachel just gets to show back up because Grodner likes her, is truly against the whole point of evicting hammies. What's the point, let's just throw out all the rules and hand Rachel 500,000 and end the show today. I've never been this disgusted about the show in all the years I've watched it.

Sidhe   

Well the return of Rachel has pretty much ruined any semblance of organic game, as far as I'm concerned.

What next? Production will just generally broadcast snatches of audio between scheming players to the whole house from other rooms, the yard, or even the DR if they're not getting the kind of drama they want? Bring back a bona fide All-Star for 24 or 48 hours and a new cast can run through a game where phantom players set the rules around themselves too?

People who think BB might be an interesting game to play should walk away from this debacle with these thoughts in mind:

1) Don't bother playing this game unless you've got a host of gigantic, unresolved psychological problems that can stand up to BB's insatiable need for manufactured drama.

2) Know this isn't your game, it's production's game and you're just a vehicle for doog t.v.--so play your part and bring nothing of your true self into the game.

3) Never ever let another showmance survive for a second longer than it takes to rip it apart and shove one of them out the door.

Britney walked right into this and Enzo allowed himself to be taken into the giant suck that is Rachel too. But Matt was playing a good game. Seeing production give an evicted player another chance to boot him out and attempt to put her "man" into his place is just ridiculous. Even Julie Chen said, "Where would the 'Brigade' be without Matt?"

Bollocks. If they want to write the game too, then pay writers like every other production.

I'll be glad when this phony turd is off the lot.

angelmi   

I agree this really messed up the whole game for me. I hated it when Dan met with Michele and was able to get her to vote for him but that was not back in the whole house. Rachel is really working the whole house to work with Brendon. She wants the money even if she has to save Brendon. SUCKS! And I really feel like the DR is sending her to do it all, when Ragan slammed her bad last night she just stood there shocked, she went straight to the DR, the back out to hug Ragan and tell him how sorry she was. IT was so DR's work!! Now this morning reminding her to talk to Lane. She is being directed.

hefgypsy   
It's foolish to play the I hope this happens game with Big Brother, but I'm a masochist, so here goes.

I hope: The brigade crumbles this week. According to the master strategist Enzo they'll get Matt up there* and then tell him that he and Haydon are going to split their votes between Matt and Lane and let the house decide. Flag goes up, Matt is onto them, puts up Haydon or Enzo (I'd prefer Enzo, but whatever) Enzo gets the boot, Rachel's head explodes in the jury house.

It's not likely that any of that will happen, but I will hope foolishly until Thursday (Or Monday).

Question: Does anyone know when Matt has to use the DPOV? Does he have to do it at the POV ceremony or can he wait until Thursday night and stand up and use it right before the vote? That would be great because then he would know that the Brigade was against him and he could put one of them up and vote them out. If he has to do it at the POV ceremony (if he is put up when Ragan comes off the block) he will not know of the Brigade's betrayal and will probably not put one of them up.

I could see production saying something like "Rachel how would you like to go back in the house for 24 hrs? Think of it as a chance to ask everyone why they hate your fucking guts and voted you out." Then Rachel takes it to the extreme talking to each person and making a huge Vegas production.