Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

grapey   

two things:

I'm loving the nightly Talk Show. Too funny!

Are we SURE that the jury begins this week? I've seen discussions all over the net that suggest it begins next week. Maybe we'll hear on tomorrow night's show? Or does someone have a definitive answer?

Shannon   

Look it up in the dictionary, both pronunciations are correct, just because in German it's not pronounced doesn't make the Americanization of the word incorrect. We are, after all, speaking American English. Brenda is wrong again.

grapey, I'm not sure, but I think they are assuming jury starts this week since there's 9 of them left. 7 on the jury to choose between the final 2 would make sense for it to start this week, but they are discounting, or not knowing, there was the drop out hamster. I'd love to see it be next week and not this for the first jury vote.

chrysana   

I'd never heard Neandertal until the great Sue Sylvester pronounced it with the t not th sound. I haven’t heard it that way since either and I’ve lived in both Canada and the USA. The English language has evolved which results in various accepted spellings and pronunciations of many words, which we could debate for pages.

What I do find hilarious is that Brendon is correcting/mocking Regan's pronunciation during a fight. Really? I would love to see him take a stab at Rachel's misuse of the English language in her HOH blog. I wonder how she'd take that?

I'd love to see this be a non-jury eviction...simply to cause Brendon to be in sequester without the love of his life, Rachel. I don't know if the numbers would support this. Also, because a hammie dropped before the show started, are we going to have this "double eviction" that the houseguests keep mentioning?

gforce   

I think the discussion on the Neandertal/thal discussion is pretty exhausted. *hints to move on*

Anyway, I've heard Brendon actually correct Rachel's grammar in the middle of a fairly intense discussion between the two of them, when she was upset because the house was upset with her (this is a while ago) and she said she just doesn't listen "good". In the middle of her being upset, he corrects her by saying "you mean, don't listen WELL." I laughed because although correct, it was just bizarrely inappropriate. Even she stopped short and said "what??" before moving on. It's like he just can't help himself.

grapey   
grapey, I'm not sure, but I think they are assuming jury starts this week since there's 9 of them left. 7 on the jury to choose between the final 2 would make sense for it to start this week, but they are discounting, or not knowing, there was the drop out hamster. I'd love to see it be next week and not this for the first jury vote.

Thanks so much. I think it would be hysterical if Julie announces tomorrow, after the voting, that the jury house does NOT begin this week!

Rachel without Brendon? The horror.

Brendan and Rachel are the biggest nightmare I think to ever be in the the BB house and living with them must be torture.

I especially loved it when Brendon was calling out Ragan (behind his back of course) for picking on little girl Rachel and then proceeded to intimidate Britney screaming insults at her. I can't really blame others for their reactions to them. I would have lost it much sooner.

sbell111   
Brendan and Rachel are the biggest nightmare I think to ever be in the the BB house and living with them must be torture.
How much brain bleach did it take to purge Evel Dick from your memory?

tooletta   

I hated DICK, but at least he was self-aware. Rachel and her MAN seem to have their heads up their collective ass.

One good thing is that they're giving the recappers plenty of fodder.

I'd much rather see Brendon leave than Rachel this week. I think she's far more entertaining, in a trainwreck sort of way. He, however, is an insufferable bore.

Oh he is not purged! I hated him for just being an asshole straight-up. BnR have this ooky relationship where they are mean, pathetic, idiotic, psychotic, and disgusting all at once. Their individual and subversive assholery plus the self righteousness and desperation bugs me way more ED.

angelmi   

I hope Enzo and Hayden are not falling for Brendon's crap, they better stick to the plan since Brendon can not win an HOH and without Rachel there he will be even worst. I am glad they think Lane is the saboteur. I wonder what Matt is going to do about hiding the Diamond veto to keep them out of his suitcases, I guess the DR won't hide it until he needs it for the veto.

Edited by Magpie
Moved from Rachel thread

grapey   

Evel Dick knew very well all of his shortcomings, and he knew when he was an asshole.

Brenda is clueless. Curious about something: Had it not been for Rachel this season, I wonder how we would have perceived Brendon?

CycleRob   

I dislike Brendon and Rachel--they annoy me to no end--but they don't rise to the level of utter hate that I felt for certain other past houseguests such as HWSNBN, RonnieRatFink, Nastylie, and perhaps still the all time champ for me, ED. I mean, when ED was threatening to rape Jen until she bleeds, he sunk to a low that is hard to beat.

And I'm not sure I think ED is as self aware as other people think he is. When you go back and read some of his exit interviews, he seems kind of delusional about certain things (such as that he didn't terrorize Jen and Kail any more than he terrorized some of the guys around the house such as Eric and Zach. Huh?).

Good question, grapey, about how we would have perceived Brendon this season without Rachel. My guess: we would have found him an insufferable bore who didn't engage in schmoopeycakes.

tooletta   

CycleRob, you are right. I always see it your way.

*renews DICK Hate Club Membership*

Yeah, I think without Rachel we would have thought Brendon is cute for more than 2 minutes, but not much longer. Wouldn't have taken long for us to see him for the condescending know-it-all he is. Plus, his feet are HUGE.

Interesting what Rachel would have been like without him. Eh. Maybe not.