Tsylyst

House Analysis and Discussion

Given Rachel and Brendon have made what I consider to be homophobic comments about Ragan, I say more power to him and Britney. Rachel and her lapdog have made some really nasty comments and they deserve whatever they get. If it's in the form of Ragan and Britney entertaining themselves at their expense, so be it.

I'm hoping Rachel gets the boot and Brendon stays Thursday. It will lead to the inevitable HOH loss and him whining the HOH was rigged against him by the rest of the house.

spartini   

This week just may go down as one of the best in my personal BB hall of happiness. Brenda and Rachel on the block together was good, Brenda whining about the comp being unfair was good, Britney winning the POV and telling Rachel she had no intention of using it was great, but if they pull off this eviction double-cross and Rachel and Brenda are caught by surprise on Thursday I just may have a BB-gasm. The only thing that would make this sweeter is if somehow Rachel didn't even end up on the jury. Finally we have a season.

And I hope Britney or Ragan win HOH this week only because it will further irritate Enzo.

Shannon   

If Brenda goes Chima when Chenbot announces that Rachel is leaving, then he won't be on in the Jury, he'll be sent home and Rachel can spend a couple of weeks there alone with the MexiSkippies, bored to real tears. I like that idea, I wish it could happen. And what if it isn't that great MexiVacation, but just a trailer with a mud hole next to it, now that would the place to send Rachel while Brenda gets sent home.

Sophy   

I can't figure out where to put this so please move to the appropriate thread .... for our Canadian friends:

Did you know that as of last night you can now watch BBAD on the Global Reality Channel, eh?

Kareny   

I am loving Hayden, Ragan and Britney's new nightly routine, "Just the Tip". Those three are my ideal F3, which of course will never happen, so I'll have to settle for their talk show. Last night was a little abbreviated, so hopefully tonight they'll start earlier and do a more in-depth episode. I wanted to hear Hayden elaborate more about the disappearance of Peter Parker.

It's amazing that Hayden is actually pretty good at the hosting thing. I still don't understand: Who is the Hayden we see in the Diary Room, and what did he do to this other guy who's on the feeds all the time? It's like two completely different people. Unfortunately for him, one of them is getting way more airtime than the other.

Ragan and Britney may be going a little overboard with the Rachel bashing, but they don't have the maliciousness that bugged me in previous seasons (Natalie/Lydia/Kevin) and do have some pretty good reasons to be upset. I can understand the psychology behind it, and at least they're aware of it (well, Ragan is, anyway). It's not the best gameplay, though, which the Brigade is taking full advantage of. So much for Ragan's "fly under the radar and let the big guys go at it" strategy.

Edited by Kareny

angelmi   

The first one on Sunday night, Monday morning out on the patio was a riot, last night it just started in HOH as BBAD went off, I will have to go to the flashbacks to see it.

I would love for Rachel to totally freak out when JULIE does the Brendon ......you are safe!! I can't wait, and Brendon to lose the HOH really bad, especially if it is the after/before they are planning. I can't see Kathy winning anything but I can see Enzo/Lane/Hayden giving it to her because she is there #5 and she can get her hands dirty getting rid of Britney and Ragan for them.

Jokers folks are discussing Rachel's odder than usual behavior last night regarding cryptic DR questioning and searching the rule book for information on going through HG's belongings.

Matt apparently indicated to Ragan that he believes someone went through his suitcase because he had a hoodie "strategically placed" and it was not the way he left it. He is hinting that Rachel went through it when she was in the HOH on Sunday.

So, my questions for the feed watchers, recappers, and HT readers...

No one reported that they saw her do this, although BB could have chosen not to show it to us on the feeds, right? I remember Gnat sorting through Michelle's stuff last year, so I know that they can do it, but I'm unclear as to what they can do should they find anything - like steal or hide stuff. Is that allowed?

If she finds the DPOV, can she use it on herself live on Eviction Night or is Matt the only one that can use it?

Could Ragan have gone through his suitcase as an act of the saboteur simply to create the paranoia that has affected Matt?

Will Ragan see the Clue jumping up and down that Matt must have something to hide and question him about it or even suspect the other half of the PD twist?

Why is she obsessed with the rule book and making suggestive DR questions to Brendon? What does she know, if anything, and what does she want them to figure out without talking about DR sessions or production?

Or, (most likely) is she simply trying to create drama and paranoia throughout the house, which in my opinion will be more likely to evict her, unless she hints to the house that Brendon is the saboteur?

Just wondering... seeing as there's not a whole lot else happening.

jedzz   
No one reported that they saw her do this, although BB could have chosen not to show it to us on the feeds, right? I remember Gnat sorting through Michelle's stuff last year, so I know that they can do it, but I'm unclear as to what they can do should they find anything - like steal or hide stuff. Is that allowed?

I can't answer your other questions, but I remember that a big reason BB8 Jen rebelled against BB her last week in the house was that Dick was allowed to root through her things and hide them without repercussion. Meanwhile, when she vandalized his cigarettes in retaliation, they were immediately replaced by BB. Whether this is a distinction in the rules (Jen spent the week reading the rule book over and and over again) or production favoritism towards Dick is not really known, though given the behavior he was allowed to get away with and the ultimate outcome, I think I know which one is more likely.

If she finds the DPOV, can she use it on herself live on Eviction Night or is Matt the only one that can use it?

I don't know for sure, but on Survivor, the hidden immunity idols always come with a note explicitly stating that only the finder of the HII is allowed to own it, unless he or she gives it away. So, it can never be stolen, though other players can look through others' possessions to see who has it. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here.

sbell111   
I would like to see the brigade make it to the end simply to see if a 4-man alliance could be made week one and remain secret and loyal for the game. However,I believe that the foursome is going to start cracking once Brenda and Rachelle are gone. Lane won't want Brit targetted, Matt won't want Regan targetted; but, Enzo and Hayden will want to break those outside-the-brigade relationships. It will be interesting to see if they do make it to F4?
Another wrinkle is what happens when Hayden actually uses his brain cells and realizes that Matt is partially to blame for Kristen being voted out. After all, if he had stuck to the plan and nominated B&R during his first reign as HoH, Kristen may still be in the house.

This, combined with Matt's not telling the Brogade about the super veto might help break the alliance.

I'm unclear as to what they can do should they find anything - like steal or hide stuff. Is that allowed?

I think I remember this coming up in a past season. The rule seems to be that they can steal and hide each other's belongings; they can even mess them up (Eric with the mustard on Jen's shirt or pillowcase). They just can't destroy them. That's one reason Jen got the penalty vote: she not only took Evil Dick's cigarettes, she also ripped them open and poured bleach on them.

Your other questions are also intriguing. I hope that Ragan was asked to go through Matt's suitcase as an act of the saboteur. I actually thought that would be a good idea for a suggestion from the viewers. Of course, if it was Rachel who did it, and she'd be eligible to use it, we'd possibly be in for a few more weeks of suckage.

Another question about the DPOV .. for example, if Brendan and Ragen are on the block and Brendan wins POV. Of course, he would take himself off the block and would be replaced by .. say, Kathy. Could Matt use the DPOV to take Ragen or Kathy down and put Brendan back up? That would completely make the POV useless this week!

I'm unclear as to what they can do should they find anything - like steal or hide stuff. Is that allowed?

I think I remember this coming up in a past season. The rule seems to be that they can steal and hide each other's belongings; they can even mess them up (Eric with the mustard on Jen's shirt or pillowcase). They just can't destroy them. That's one reason Jen got the penalty vote: she not only took Evil Dick's cigarettes, she also ripped them open and poured bleach on them.

Your other questions are also intriguing. I hope that Ragan was asked to go through Matt's suitcase as an act of the saboteur. I actually thought that would be a good idea for a suggestion from the viewers. Of course, if it was Rachel who did it, and she'd be eligible to use it, we'd possibly be in for a few more weeks of suckage.

Destroying Dick's cigarettes didn't cause Jen to get the penalty vote. Eating while supposed to be on slop got her the penalty vote. Of course, she did that because she was so mad about the cigarettes being replaced. Also, why I am irritated that Enzo never got any punishment for eating. It wasn't an accident that he ate .. he did it on purpose!

KatieLiz   
Also, why I am irritated that Enzo never got any punishment for eating. It wasn't an accident that he ate .. he did it on purpose!

Just a guess, but I'm thinking that if Enzo is ever put up on the block, he'll automatically have a penalty vote for eviction. At least, that's what happened to Jen, and, since she was already on the block, there was no waiting period.

Also, if Rachel did root through Matt's suitcase and found the DPOV, I don't think she'd be able to keep it to herself, she would have told Brendon and they'd be all kinds of giddy. I'm not sure why they need the rule book, but it will surely add to the suspicion that one of them is the mole.

And also, someone mentioned that they thought calling Rachel a whore was going to far, however when she's bragging about charging $2K for her services for a weekend, waking up covered in vomit clutching fistfuls of money... If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... I have a feeling that her "VIP Cocktail Waitress" duties probably include more than just getting men to spend too much money on booze.

I'm also loving the "Jut A Tip" show. I think it got started late last night because B&R decided to compete in the pool tournament.

Edited by KatieLiz

chrysana   
This, combined with Matt's not telling the Brogade about the super veto might help break the alliance.

But, if Matt doesn't use the power...and he may not have the need...the brogade will never know about this magic veto he has. I do wonder if Matt would use the power to save Regan; because, that move would seriously out his-side alliance.

I think I remember this coming up in a past season. The rule seems to be that they can steal and hide each other's belongings; they can even mess them up (Eric with the mustard on Jen's shirt or pillowcase). They just can't destroy them.

I'm not sure that mustard on a shirt wouldn't destroy the shirt? I think BB replaced ED's cigs to keep him happy. Jen seemed to laugh off the shirt incident (if I remember correctly). I'm not sure if it would have been replaced as ED's smokes were because I do believe there may have been some imput from TPTB that season in keeping ED in the house.

And also, someone mentioned that they thought calling Rachel a whore was going to far, however when she's bragging about charging $2K for her services for a weekend, waking up covered in vomit clutching fistfuls of money... If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... I have a feeling that her "VIP Cocktail Waitress" duties probably include more than just getting men to spend too much money on booze.

Isn't that the magic amount Julia had Richard pay for her services in Pretty Woman?

Edited by chrysana

angelmi   

The first show they did for BBAD called it WWJD What would Julie DO about Rachel. Last night I think they are going to do a nightly talk show like thing to show case the events of the day like the 'pool trophy that Lane won.

Enzo should have been put on the block the next week like Jen was.

Today's recap makes it sound like Rachel and brendon are still on the $1 card that Matt is using as his prize from the Pandora's box that he really won in the frst HOH Hot dog contest. Brendon has been on that kick since the day he saw it, he is convinced Matt got a lot of money for releasing another saboteur on the house. They was going through the rule book after Rachel got out of the DR; so I am thinking DR got her thinking there is a rule in the book that could get them both off the block.

So far I think the only smart move Brendon and Rachel have done is to check in the rule book to see if the skippies can rifle through a houseguest's belongings. Now that they have discovered it's against the rules, they know Matt was lying when he said that Big Brother gave him "the same $1" card that he got in the first competition (which had been in his suitcase).

Still, not so sure that knowledge is going to help them do ANYTHING. I'll give them props for at least getting to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile, they still think that Enzo and Hayden are their closest allies in the house so...