spartini   

Yes but because Brenda is such a staunch believer in fairness he'd NEVER use that to his advantage. That would not be fair nor chivalrous, and he is the blight knight after all.

spartini   

He probably doesn't realize it, but he's in the best position in the house. He's the ideal final 2 candidate, but the jokes on whoever takes him, he'll likely win. That. makes. me. sick.

I think Brendon is the perfect final two partner. The group hate toward him is so strong that I don't think anyone will admire his play or want to admit that he beat them.

jerrye25   

He got through the Rachel going home thing without completely whining or crying (at least for too long), he made it through the first week after without getting evicted (by winning HOH) and he's again avoiding it this week (by winning veto.) Plus he seems to be slowly getting the target off his back.

Hell, at this point, I'm almost rooting for him.

Edited by jerrye25

cubkip   

I think I am rooting for him too. Anyone who can survive this much animosity is okay in my book. Then again, it may just be my deep rooted need to protect the bullied.

I agree and was coming to post a similar thought. Brendon is proving to me to be more of a player and putting more effort into winning than any of the Brigade.

After watching Matt deliberately throw the HOH question, I hope he goes home. It may have seemed like a good strategic move to him at the time, but I hope it costs him the game. That and throwing Ragan totally under the bus to try to stay.

Right at this point I'd like to see a final two of the only two who have been putting a lot of effort into winning, Britney and Brendon.

Gotta say STAMP that, Jazzy. I think early in the handcuffed/chum cycle Brendon was realizing that in his conversations with Britney. I'm beginning to like non-Rachel Brendon a little bit. You have to admire how hard he's pushing to stay in the game and it's been an up hill battle for him. If he makes it to the end you'd have to seriously consider him as the winner of the whole game.

Sophy   

Well I might not go so far as to say pleasant -- but certainly he's more tolerable. And dare I say it, almost human? And as I just said in the Brit thread, I was impressed with how well he did with her being handcuffed together. He went out of his way to be gracious in their difficult situation, and she did seem to respond to it. So as with others, that helped me feel more disposed toward him. He's certainly dealt with way more than his fair share of shit thrown at him, and he's certainly dealing with it better than Ragan.

Edited by Sophy

*Takes care not to touch the toe as she cautiously boards the train.*

Most probably, I like him now because he is down and out (am also a sucker for the underdog), fighting for each day, and as he doesn't have any friends in the house, I don't hear his poison about other HGs.

*Selects a seat in the Rachel Compartment. Painted clown colours, wide open door, drinks always flowing, pants optional. *

mewmom30   

Boarding the train with wickedtong and ditto on the reasons. Also, he really seems to be a man of his word (which is really high on my list) and the only one playing the game all out right now, IMO.

Kareny   
Also, he really seems to be a man of his word

He says he is. However, this is the same Brendon who:

• Made deals last week with Matt and Britney not to put either of them up
  • Shook on an alliance with Hayden and Kristen to have Rachel put Kathy up as a replacement for Hayden Week Four
  • Was going to put Britney up last week until the Diary Room told him he couldn't because he broke the rules

Those are the three that stuck in my craw when he was whining about Britney in the DR tonight. The reason everyone is making and breaking deals with Brendon is that he's done it to all of them first.

Brendon's idea of a "deal" is to promise everything to everybody, then pick the deal he likes, and "stick" with that one. So, he can promise safety to everyone, nominate two of those people, and then expect reciprocity from all the rest.

He took his punishments remarkably well and has been a good sport about the Diamond POV. I still think he's an ass.

Edited by Kareny

ahab1013   

Brenden is pleasant when he's knows he's safe, but when he's threatened he's a total tool. So in life he's probably not that bad a person I suspect.

He and Brit would make an interesting Final 2