fotobrat   

Dumbass Brendan is back, that was short lived, saying the Salem witches were burned at the stake. Does he read these books or just the dust jackets? He doesn't seem to have any particular depth to his knowledge on most subjects.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the women were hanged and the one man was crushed by stacking stones on his chest. They put a nice statue of Elizabeth Montgomery over there to commemorate it. No, it doesn't make sense to me either and I live around here.

Edited by fotobrat

He also said 60 people were burned at the stake. That sounded really high to me and I just looked it up. 29 were killed. I couldn't even figure out what he was trying to say about it not being geographically possible. Was he trying to say it wasn't possible in that geographical region to be a witch? That's what it sounded like to me. I'm sure there's 100's of reasons it's impossible those accused were witches, obvious ones aside, but location is a new one.

Kareny   

RAGAN: You're a Neanderthal.

BRENDON: First of all, it's pronounced Neander-TAL-

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha HA ha ha haha

(pant, pant)

MA HA HA HA HA HA HA hahahahahaha HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha...

(pant, pant)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha.

(Beat)

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh. My god. Brendon. You douche. This might be my new favorite moment of the season.

Edited by Kareny

Shannon   

What crossed my mind, reading the recaps of Brenda the freak, is if he were my daughter's swim coach and I'd been watching the feeds, he wouldn't get near my kid ever again. The man is totally stalker-type looneytoons! Can you imagine how he cries if one of his swimmers won't do as he says and not listen to his every crazy comments or how he might go nutso on the other teams if they beat his team??? What a freaking whack job.

Alleykat   

I've gone from being amused, to irritated and last night watching BBAD, I was feeling embarrassed for him when he was trying to intimidate Regan and Britney. You could tell when they busted out laughing at him it just didn't compute and he looked quite confused at what was happening.

No, now I'm back to annoyed. He and Rachel have put themselves in this situaiton and they keep making it worse with each passing moment.

spartini   

I can't help but laugh at Brendon. His attempts at being all hard and badass just fell completely flat. The fact that he's trying to break the house dynamics into a history lesson on the Salem witch trials points out just how oblivious or obsolete, if you will allow me, he is to what is going on in the house. I almost hope that he does win HOH next week just to see how the house reacts. If no one is hanging out with him will he still insist that they're all going to where the power is?

But if he wins HOH, Hayden, Enzo, and to a certain extent, Kathy will continue to pretend they have some sort of cordial relationship. Matt and Lane will stay out of the fray, but keep a respectful attitude towards his face and play pool, etc.

Britney and Ragan will avoid him like the plague.

So nothing will really change except the drama may actually be less without Rachel to stir the pot.

It might provide better drama if he were on the block for a few days, then won the veto and took himself off. Then there will be a shit storm brewing.

What I don't get is how Rachel can be attracted to such a misogynistic guy. True it may be possible that she is just playing him for her own gain. But I do think that part of her really does like him. But how?! Brendan's comments and attitude toward women (reinforced last night w/ his Britney bashing) are despicable. And somehow this one woman manages to rate ok on his women-are-a-waste 'o meter. It's baffling.

CycleRob   

Good OGG! Brendon was such a douche in tonight's TV episode. His horrible sportsmanship during the PoV (throwing the last ball, really Brendon?), his pouting after he got eliminated by Britney, his stupid "badass" speech during the PoV ceremony. Watching Brenda trying to be "badass" is just so funny in a cringe-inducing way. And pathetic.

Someone early during the season really called it about Brendon: his savior complex and his need to be a "knight in shining armor." A sentence he said during tonight's episode was really telling--and pathetic: "I'll take a bullet for Rachel and then she'll love me." Ugh. Just ugh.

I loved Britney saying Brendon's sportsmanship was the worse she'd ever seen, "and I've played 5th grade basketball." *snort*

Edited by CycleRob

gforce   

Yeah, that "blowup" speech was about as tepid as it gets. My eyes were glazing over half way through it. If I had been there, I would've been "Huh? Sorry can you repeat that?"

I too noticed the "then she'll love me" line. A very small part of me feels bad for him that he's that needy and has such low self-esteem. Unfortunately, it manifests itself in such an obnoxious way that it drives people away screaming.

Minxy   

"It's pronounced NeandraTAL.". *dead*

If what Brendon has said and hinted at about his parents disapproval of him is true and they've been watching the recent show episodes, I'd bank on them being no-shows for live-eviction night. More likely, there will be some extras from the CBS lot sitting in the audience with a generic cap below them saying "Friends of Brendon"".

Edited by GraceUnderPressure

spartini   

I thought Brenda couldn't be more of a tool than he has been, but I was wrong! The weepy soundtrack only helped to amplify the doucheness that is Brenda.

So, I noticed tonight in the POV meeting that Brendon employed the ever-more-popular tactic of "[insert insult towards Veto holder here], now please use the Veto on me."

Well, it worked for Andrew, after all, so...ummm. Huh?