Tsylyst

Diary Room - Off-Topic Discussion

Tsylyst   

They sequester at early/middle June. They might do casting, then sequester them longer to make sure they are not displaying symptoms. But likely, they will be delayed.

Most scripted shows have now shut down production early for the current season, and the fall season probably won't be able to start filming in June/July like normal, so CBS (and other networks) will need reality shows and similar things to fill gaps in the schedule in the early fall.

Plus, they were already worried about the fall season in case there is a writers strike (which seemed likely a while ago) and they didn't get to start filming at a normal time.

So if we get BB, it's probably going to be a later start to the season. CBS is hoarding an Amazing Race season (filmed in 2018) that they could release in the summer to help fill the BB gap at least one night a week.

AVorlon   
Posted (edited)

If you want to socially distance people, the BB house seems like the ideal place to do it.  Once you determine that everyone is virus-free, then they have no contact with the outside world anymore and won't be getting sick.. Of course, all the production staff needs to be cleared as well.

The last time there was a delay it was due to a writer's strike,  and we got a bonus winter version of BB.  Is it too much to ask for the regular summer version, and another one later?

Edited by AVorlon

AVorlon   

Well, I'm glad that I got my hair cut when I did, because they just shut down all the salons and barbershops in the state.  I'm guessing they'll be closed for quite a while, so I just barely avoided looking like a Yeti for the rest of the spring.

I wish this wasn't so severe. and we didn't have so many people losing their jobs.   

It's about to look like "Lost" around here.....except that their hair never changed.  Whoa - maybe that should have been our first clue about that ending.  

In all seriousness, given the varying level of distress we're all experiencing based upon the number of cases in our areas or if our area is on lockdown, I wonder if there's anything an HT'er is looking for that I could ship to them if I can find it in my area.  For years we would laugh about never being able to find the thermometer around the house when we needed one - now I actually can't find one at the stores nor online.  I've just begun that search, so I'm not ready to give up hope for getting one locally (does anyone really trust the dollar store thermometers?) - but while I'm on my search excursions, I'd be happy to add "your" needs to my list.  

MrsGryn   

Are you looking for a thermal read type of thermometer? Or the old fashioned mercury kind?

angelmi   
Posted (edited)

So glad Fisty is being safe, hope everybody else is staying safe thru this stupid pandemic.  I retired last year after working from home for the past 10 years so used to being home.  NYC and Washington State taking it worst but the news of the nursing home in NJ sounds horrible, Norman Ok has the same thing happening.  So far I have not been sick and none of my family.  I hope it clears up before BB starts this summer, such sad news about Canada, I was loving all their tweets.  I know not many people watched CBB with Tamar Braxton but when she was sleeping and not getting caught she wore Full visor sun glasses, so I got me a pair from Amazon to be safe outside, ha!  Everybody stay safe.  

Edited by angelmi

I am currently on day 5 of symptoms.  So far, I'm doing ok.  Low grade fever started today and I have a mild dry cough.  Generally not bad (yet), except some killer headaches.  I'm not eligible for a test, though, because I can't point to a specific documented case I was directly exposed to and I'm not hospitalized.  This despite having a serious underlying condition.

So Friday the 13th I went to a small dinner given by that chef I know who was a judge last season on Top Chef.  He was cooking Portuguese food and had a Portuguese wine maker in town providing the wines and I WAS planning a trip to Portugal in the fall.  There were only 4 tables in the whole room, far apart.  The tables were rectangular and set up for 6 people each.  I had the seat in the corner farthest away from people.  They brought the Portuguese guy and some rep from a wine distributorship to our table, because 2 people had cancelled.  The rep was a woman who sat next to me and told stories of her enormous wealth for 3 hours before finally saying she's sure she had the virus, but was recovered.  I asked when she had it and she said "a couple of weeks."  I couldn't get her to be any more specific than that.  Then she almost got strangled by me by saying, "We're all healthy here."

I also went grocery shopping - at the cesspool known as Walmart.  I really can't say which of those things gave me the virus.

MrsGryn   

Was it your primary care that said you couldn't have a test? I would suggest you contact your county or state health department and tell them what you wrote here about being exposed, your symptoms and your underlying conditions.

It was my primary care, who strongly feels I should be tested.  Unfortunately, the answer she got from the state was that the criteria is:

Because of COVID-19 test kit and supply constraints, the IDPH laboratories will only accept:

Specimens from hospitalized patients with severe acute lower respiratory illness (e.g., pneumonia) or

Specimens from clusters in a congregate setting that serves more vulnerable populations such as a supportive care facility, assisted living facility, group home, homeless shelter, or correctional setting.

She is prescribing me anything I might need now or if my symptoms worsen, but the testing criteria here is pretty strict.

MrsGryn   

Ah. Well, hopefully you will remain symptom free for the two weeks. Keep us in the loop as to how it goes!

Jade   

She is prescribing me anything I might need now or if my symptoms worsen, but the testing criteria here is pretty strict.

Mockingbird, can I ask what your doctor recommends for your symptoms? All I see on the news is "treat the symptoms" which is far to vague to be useful.  The best tips I've found researching online so far are:

https://drhyman.com/blog/2020/03/17/protect-yourself-from-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR1UmxQYxfWKoEAEUGhOjebt_YEzSrSsfiLQuAnhLM48Q72LYtFNuveN5nM

Magpie   

Let's be very careful about recommending medication to each other, please. HT is not a medical site and I doubt that most of us are medical professionals. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Basically, I'm treating it like I would treat the flu.  Unfortunately, my headaches have been pretty severe, so she did have to prescribe something for that.  I also asked her for something anticpating the worse cough I might get and she was good with that.

Vagueness abounds in all the information about this virus.  The symptoms are all over the place, and many are so non-specific you would have to be tested to know what's up.  You might have a hangnail or you might have COVID.  Good luck with that.  The treatments are the same generic cold and flu treatments.

Day six and I haven't gotten any worse.  Fever is gone and I mostly just have some dizziness and weakness that's flu-like and the ever-present headache, of course.  But today is the first day I didn't feel worse than the day before.  I will lay around in bed watching crappy TV and sleep whenever.  It would be a perfect time for BB.

Edited by Mockingbird