Tsylyst

Diary Room - Off-Topic Discussion

MrsGryn   

I'm sorry to hear about Possum. We love them and they love us, and we are burdened with the knowledge of how the story ends. 

tlh9   

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and virtual hugs, Mockingbird, elizabethann, MrsGryn, and Shannon.

Missing Possum -- or "Princess Possum" as she was often called -- still hurts like fire in my chest and when I wake up in the morning and remember she's no longer here it feels like an icicle stabbing me in the gut.

Dogs have only one flaw, so far as I'm concerned, and that's that they don't live long enough.  They only break your heart that one time, and damn does it suck

I feel like both Possum and I were cheated out of some time, with her passing that young.  Most of my Shelties through the years have lived to 14-ish.

I like this from the guy who does The Oatmeal:  https://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

Shannon   

I finally got back in here where I can post.  Got on a plane at 6 something AM in El Paso an got into Raleigh at 6 PM on feb. 13.  Same plane, three different crews and two layovers and a 1 hour stay on the tarmac in Dallas while something was fixed.  Long time for an obese old lady with swelling feet and wondering about blood clots.  Except for 2 days it has rained every day here, but it is beautiful here, tons of tall pine trees.  

tlh9   

Wow!!  You made it! I remember when you were talking about making this trip.  I'm happy you like it there, even with the rain!  Good to have you back.