Tsylyst

Diary Room - Off-Topic Discussion

Shannon   

Well it looks like I will be moving sometime thid year.  The kids were going to retire here, but my son-in-law decided to go for 22 years, he had 20 years at the end of April, and is being sent to Ft. Bragg in NC.  He was born there and his mother still lives there in Spring Lake.  So they are buying a house in the area, big area, and moving me and the cats there with them and selling this house.  I hope selling this house goes well, but they can always rent it out.  I've never been east of St. Louis, and that was just a weekend visit, this is exciting.  I don't know about leaving the low humidity here, but am looking forward to grass lol. My granddaughter is thrilled, now she can stay home with me instead of having to go everywhere they go :-) her words.  I am not sure when they will move me as their move is taken care of by the Army, but moving me and ALL the stuff in this house plus their other car and the three cats etc. on their dime.  Anyway, I did not see this coming, total surprise, woohoo!

tlh9   

Wow!  Now there's an exciting life change, Shannon!  I love that you're so happy, and I'm happy for you!

You're a better woman than I.  I'd rather join a gym than ever move again.  It's not like this place is so wonderful: but just the physical process that moving entails is more than I can bear.

MrsGryn   

Seriously, EA. We're where we are for another ten years, and then we'll see. I may have all the boxes unpacked from our first four moves by then. 

Shannon, start getting rid of things NOW. Seriously. I cannot stress this enough. 

Shannon   

I hate packing, can't really haul around boxes physically, and while I really only need to pack up my bedroom, it is a big room and I've cluttered in 11 years of stuff.  

I'm packing for a move as well, Shannon, in either late June/early July.  MrsGryn's advice couldn't be more on-point about throwing things away now...even if the move is just your room. 

Other than the kitchen and linen closets, I'm limiting myself to no more than 2 boxes per room outside of furniture and fixtures......plus 5 more "family" boxes which will hold the scaled back heirlooms.  I'm downsizing from a 4-bedroom 2.5 bath plus finished basement colonial to a 2-bedroom 1-bath lakefront cottage having no basement and little storage (it's a cottage - who needed storage when they built this vacation home?).  My goal is to cut my closet/dresser contents by 75% - much of it hasn't been worn in the past year, so I won't even miss it.  Plus, donating the majority of my furniture, clothing and household items will result in a rather hefty tax deduction when I file next year.  

Hello everyone!  I am back.  I have been away from posting for awhile, but I am now back at a job that I can "work" and read.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I have gone through some big changes the last few years.  My husband passed away 2 years ago, so that has taken some getting used to.  But the one thing that doesn't change is my love for this show.  This site has been a blessing and I am glad to be back full time.

Welcome Back!  Condolences on your loss - it's a tough transition, that's for sure.  Glad you'll be back around this summer.  Grodner promises it's going to be EPIC.

MrsGryn   

Oh, wow, sheri. First, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but am glad to see you back and able to post again. I can only imagine the kinds of changes you've dealt with in the last few years. *hugs*

Thanks guys..I will admit I have still checked in when I need an update..and I still laugh at my post 10 years ago when I was debating on watching the Live episode or going to the hospital when my grandaughter was born.  There was no need because she timed her appearance to not interrupt any shows.

angelmi   

I am so sorry for your loss, I lost mine 25 years ago and still miss him today.  Just lost my daddy and he was 2 months away from being 80, this one has been really hard, he was my rock for all my 61 years of my life, the other night was a bad storm and I thought this is the first one in my life that my dad is not here, when that huge tornado hit Moore, my electric was out for a week and I stayed with him.  When the ice storm took out the electric once I stayed with him.  HE brought me back home when neither husband could stand me while I was pregnant and took me to the hospital for both my babies.  I was trying to work last night and up pops his motorcycle on face book, his second wife is selling everything and giving stuff to her kids that my dad had worked for all his life, he left me a little life insurance policy and my sister and I will start getting his oil shares but that bitch got everything else.  I hated her the day he married her and every day since so I am glad He and I are both free of her. I know he is in heaven now with my mom and 2 brothers and out of pain but I still needed him.  Loss is such a horrible part of life.  I have lost more people then I have left.  Old age is not so great.  

Edited by angelmi