MrsGryn

General Drama

AVorlon   

I looked up "Manifest" to see if I could watch it, but so far the only thing On Demand is the first episode. I see that there's a new one on Friday, but that must be episode 4 or 5 by now.

Maybe the other episodes will show up on demand, if NBC knows what's good for them.  

I'm also curious if this is a re-hash of "Lost", which was also about the backstories of airplane passengers who ended up in the Twilight Zone. 

Also, while I'm at it, there's a Twilight Zone reboot coming to CBS   All-Access.   

Edited by AVorlon

AVorlon   

Thanks! The Friday episode is just the premiere rerun.  Good thing that's not it's time slot, because 8:00 PM on Friday  is usually considered the "timeslot of doom".   

20 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

Did you watch? What did you think? I have not seen it.

We did start watching The Miniaturist on PBS Masterpiece. Interesting so far. Young Dutch girl marries a man she doesn't know in order to get her wellborn but impoverished family out of debt. He gifts her with a large cabinet miniature of their house, while his sister and the two servants try to control her. She starts getting miniature pieces delivered to her without asking for them and they are significant to the secrets going on in the house. 

I did watch it.  It reminded me of Lost's premiere - enough to keep me interested enough to give the 2nd episode a try.  I like the actors, I like the premise, I like the mystery.  

I had high hopes for New Amsterdam, and then I saw the pilot episode. I'm expecting it to be cancelled soon. It really wasn't good. I also watched A Million Little Things, this one was much, much better. Yes, it's a This Is Us clone, but I liked it a lot. 

Tsylyst   

I liked "A Million Little Things." I get that it is going for a similar make-you-cry/include-a-mystery vibe, but I wouldn't call it a "This Is Us" clone. Of course, I couldn't stand "This Is Us" and stopped watching after the midseason break in Season 1.

Kyara   

I’m thinking of checking it out, jak. It sounds a lot like Legion, but maybe a little more coherent. Did you try it?

AVorlon   

Just finished watching the second episode of "Manifest".  I was worried that this might be going off in a religious direction, so I was happy to hear one of the characters quoting Arthur C. Clarke.  That tells me the  winters are going for science fiction, and that's what I was waiting for.   

In other news, CBS All-Access won't be starting the new Twilight Zone show or the new season of Star Trek until 2019. 

Edited by AVorlon

AVorlon   

Before the new season of Star Trek: Discovery, we have Star Trek: Short Takes. These are about 15 minutes long, and give you the backstory of some of the characters. It took me a while to find them, but now I've seen the three that have been released so far. For fans of the show, this is a great interlude to keep you interested until the new season starts. In the meantime, I'm busy binge watching Fast-forward, which was a TV show in 2009 that I somehow missed. I read the novel by Robert J. Sawyer, and the show is following that very closely, and that's a good thing.

Edited by AVorlon

Arya all gonna watch the GoT series finale or have you Cersei’n enough? That last episode was Varys unsatisfying. I could barely make Sansa it. Definitely damaged the Bran as far as a lot of fans are concerned. Jamie they’ll Tyrion the plot around for the better, but I don’t see Dany way that can happen at this point. Still not sure whether I’ll miss it when Aegon. And perhaps I’m Drogon this post too long.