MrsGryn

General Drama

MrsGryn   

Has anyone been watching "Yellowstone" on the Paramount Network? This is the modern western with Kevin Costner.

We started it and found we didn't like ANY of the characters except one or two minor ones, but kept watching because it is well done and I have an undying love for Kevin Costner. As the season has gone on, layers are being peeled back of the different characters and it is becoming more interesting. There is a lot of DRAMA and the running joke is at least one dead body per episode, but we've been sucked in. 

angelmi   

I have been watching, so many animals that looked like are being killed or hurt,  I hope it is fake.  I love everything Kevin.  My heart broke the daughter when her mother died and blamed it on her, but I like her in the horse drinking water and with the cowboy up against the wall. ha!

Edited by angelmi

Kyara   

We’ve been watching it and really like it. It’s gorgeous to watch - scenery is incredible - but the story is excellent too. The daughter is ruthless, smart, and completely messed up.

MrsGryn   

I enjoy how very ruthless the Tribal chief, Rainwater, is with his goals. He's gonna screw Dan, the developer, over but good.

I'm waiting for Netflix for that one, MrsGryn.  

What about Showtime's "The Affair" - anyone else going to stick around for Season 5?  

AVorlon   

Nice to hear that Sir Patrick Stewart is coming back to Star Trek. At first I thought this meant a guest appearance on the new CBS version,  but it sounds like it may be a whole new show . I I'm not sure how many Star Treks are too many, but two of them  at once may be pushing it, especially when you consider "The Orville", which is coming back for a second season as a Star Trek parody. 

Edited by AVorlon

MrsGryn   

Did you watch? What did you think? I have not seen it.

We did start watching The Miniaturist on PBS Masterpiece. Interesting so far. Young Dutch girl marries a man she doesn't know in order to get her wellborn but impoverished family out of debt. He gifts her with a large cabinet miniature of their house, while his sister and the two servants try to control her. She starts getting miniature pieces delivered to her without asking for them and they are significant to the secrets going on in the house. 

The Miniaturist is wonderful.  I'm just sad it's only three episodes.  The ending was a surprise.  Nella turns out to be quite the badass.

I watched Manifest just to check it out.  It was so good that I set my DVR to record the whole series.

Kyara   

We’re giving Manifest a try, but haven’t watched the first episode yet. I’m hopeful.

The Miniaturist sounds interesting.. how’d I miss that?!

I enjoyed Manifest more than I thought I would. I'm curious to see where it's going with all the mysteries about where they were for those 5 years and their new 'experiences'. I don't want to spoil.