MrsGryn

General Drama

MrsGryn   

Episode 2 was good. The rest has been utter bullshit. Were we supposed to feel sorry for Cersei and Jaime getting crushed by the Red Keep? That swelling violin music said I should feel bad. Instead it made me angry. 

Your pun game is excellent as usual. SLuG for the Iron Throne!

GoT SPOILERS:

I think the series finale was better and actually more satisfying than I expected, though it DID NOT AT ALL EXCUSE any narrative sins of the past “two” seasons.

As much as I really hated episode 5, I actually don’t object to Dany’s turn. Rather, that it wasn’t earned over the past 2 seasons. Foreshadowing and “hitting” plot points on an outline are not the same as writing actually convincing character development. GRRM had suggested 4 full seasons post-season-6/A Dance with Dragons, but instead we watched an extended single season with a really long hiatus in the middle. I’ll guess that Dany’s turn happens in the forthcoming books, but with a much more believable descent. Ditto with the whole Night King threat thread. And given GRRM’s reputation, he may very well go beyond the outline he gave the show runners (I refuse to refer to them with the same abbreviation as a venerable tabletop RPG) for the characters we saw on-screen. Time to see if any of my friends have the audio books I can borrow.

As far as what happened on-screen that I haven’t seen expressed elsewhere yet:

Seems to me that the Iron Throne itself lost the Game of Thrones to a wheelchair.

One take I have seen, tho not as wide as others: for all practical purposes, Tyrion ultimately “won” the Game as Hand of the King to voluntary figurehead Bran the Broken Plot Thread.