Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Pet Pic Post

Bee, I feel your pain. This morning we had to put down our 14 year old golden retriever, Bailey. She hasn't been eating for the past four days, was running a 105 high temp, and was obviously in pain. Tough decision, but I know it was the right one.

Extra hugs for our furry friends.

Sophy   

So sorry for your loss Bee -- what a long, grand life she had!

And Spree, so sorry for your loss as well -- yes, the most humane and kind decision but so difficult and painful.

I will indeed give Kayla an extra smooch or two in Sherman and Bailey's honor.

Edited by Sophy

Bee, I'm so sorry about your Sherman. She must have been a wonderful friend.

And SpreeBee, such a terribly difficult thing to do, but I know you did right by your girl.

*hugs to both of you*

Beehoppy   

It is a tough decision-one I had been weighing heavily over the last couple weeks. A friend told me you just know when it's time, and you do. Thursday morning I had decided to call the vet and try and schedule something for Monday (was going to be the first chance my work schedule allowed), but Sherman decided to go her own way as she always did. I was dreading having to make the call, so I know how hard that must have been for you Spree, but you absoultely did the right thing. Bailey sounds like she was a loved and lucky girl.

aminca   

So sorry, Bee and Spree.

I guess things really do come in threes, as our 18 year old cat, Tigger, died on Monday night. He had been showing signs of great age and frailty, but no pain, and then the last couple of days we could tell the end was near. At least the kids had time to prepare themselves and say their goodbyes (he was older than 2 of them, so they'd never not known him), and he died peacefully in his sleep, knowing I'm sure that he was loved.

RIP Sherman, Bailey and Tigger. Maybe they will form a HT alliance in pet heaven.

eta: because I should get the day right

Edited by aminca

knewb   

Condolences to Bee, Spree and aminca on the loss of your beloved pets. My heart goes out to you all.

RCToros   

So sorry for everyone's losses, I know I will be in the same horrible position soon enough.

Both my buddies are getting up there in age.

It's nice to see all the sympathy on this thread.

*hugs*

Hugs to you Bee, Spree and aminca. I had to put my 15 y/o Raja down last year and then two weeks ago ex b/f came to pick up his dog Ranger and take him back to New Mexico. No one in his family would help him keep him until he got his own place, so he had to give him away, to a nice home, but still away so I wont know what happens to him.

Gave my Pogo special hugs today in honor of all of your pets. The pain of losing anyone never goes away it just gets bearable.

tooletta   
So sorry for everyone's losses, I know I will be in the same horrible position soon enough.

Me too, RC. My 14 year-old cat, Sally, was recently diagnosed with lung cancer after a bout of other problems. I'm hoping she hangs in there long enough to move to our new house, so she can rest in peace under the willow tree overlooking the pond.

mewmom30   

I came in here thinking I was going to see some new, happy pics only to find that a lot of my fellow HTers are going through the same sad losses that have plagued my home recently.

My heart goes out to you, Bee, Spree, aminca and tlh9. I'm sorry I was not more timely in my condolences but it has been a while since I have visited this thread. No one understands better than I that no matter how many of these wonderful little ones your life is blessed with, there is never another that totally takes the place of the one that passes on.

Toolie, we're all pulling for sweet Sally - Give her a gentle hug from Auntie Mew.

Minxy   

I gave Bizarro Kitteh a hug for all of you this morning........I've got the scratches to prove it! We've only had her 5 months and I can't even begin to imagine our home without her. My heart goes out to all of you....

My heart goes to you all who have lost, or sadly may lose a furry loved one this year. The love to and from an animal is absolutely amazing. I'm adding myself to the group hug - Lord knows I've had my share this year with pet losses.

On a slightly positive note -

Some of you know about my "mouse problem" and now my "no longer mouse/not a probem". Tres (my kitteh) has adjusted well to living by herself, and living back with me (after living with my crazy cat lady of a mother for the past year). Her skin is a wreck though. She got fleas and so we bought the drops and the shampoos and the this and thats to get rid of them. But now she's scratching like crazy - lots of bites and scabs. And with nearly every scratch she's pulling out hair. I've used triple antibiotic ointment on her neck (where it's worst) but I'm worried that a vet visit may be necessary. Does anyone have any other suggestions?