Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Site & Show FAQ

Tsylyst   

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress - if you don't find an answer to your question here, take yourself over to the Site & Show Questions thread and ask away.

Site FAQ

1. I want a cool tagline under my name. How do I change the tagline?

After posting TWICE, you can pick your own custom title.

Use the dropdown list at the top of the site that has your name in it. Select "Profile."

Click the "Edit Profile" button at the top right of the Profile page.

Type your cool custom title in the Member Title field under Edit Profile.

Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.

When you change your title, it will change on all your past posts, too.

If you decide to be tricky and use "Head of Household" or "Power of Veto" FistyHT will
go into your profile and change your title into something obscene.

2. How do I include a cute picture of my pet hamster under my name?

Use the dropdown list at the top of the site that has your name in it. Select Profile.

On your Profile page, click the box in the lower left of your current profile image.

Follow the instructions to upload or link to an avatar. You can also choose to not use a profile photo.

DO NOT use the plain 'original' Fisty seen in the site's banner, an 'original' Fisty with the words "Hamster Time," any Fisty with a faded blue or orange background or anything resembling the POV or HOH mod/admin avatars. These Fistys are for mod/admin use only.

Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.

Use of animated avatars is not allowed on this site, so please do not do that.

When you change your avatar, it will change on all your past posts, too.

3. How do I include a quote or link in my post, and how do I make things in bold and italics?

In the post editor, you will see the standard word processing-style buttons (bold, italics, underline) that you can use to modify your text. To quote another person's post and have that quote appear in a preformatted box, use the following tags:

[quote]Put the part of the post you want to quote right in here.[/quote]

Additionally, you can click the Quote button that is on the bottom of the post you want to quote. This will automatically insert the QUOTE tags/text in the post editor. Then, you can delete any part of the post you do not wish to quote before replying.

If you want to carry a quote (or multiple quotes) to a post in a different thread, use the Multiquote button at the bottom of each post you wish to quote by clicking the + sign.

Note: Please do not manipulate the size, color and/or font of your text. Any changes you make regarding this will be undone. Repeat offenders will make the mods/admins cranky. And not the amusing Paul kind of cranky either. We're talking Jozea here, people.

4. How do I go directly to the posts in a thread that are new since my last visit?

Clicking the orange star or dot to the left of the thread title and will take you to the first of the posts that was made since the last time you read that thread. A star indicates that you have previously posted in the thread; a dot means you have not.

5. I want to include cute little emoticons in my post, and an adorable little signature. Why cant I?

For the sanity of people who read every post, and to keep the boards looking somewhat clean, Fisty has made the decision to deactivate emoticons and signatures on the entire board.

6. Why did the thread topic I opened get closed/moved/deleted?

In most places on the site, you do not have the option to open a thread. In an effort to keep things nice and tidy on the board, only administrators/moderators are allowed to open new topics or threads. If you have a suggestion for a new thread, please let us know in the Suggestions & Comments thread.

7. What is with the scowling beaver at the top of the screen?

That's no beaver, that's Fisty the hamster! And if you had to deal with the average Big Brother houseguest, you'd be scowling too. Houseguests are often referred to as hamsters (rodents in a cage, get it?). Our angry hamster is named Fisty because when we first started the site, several of us used an avatar of a raised, clenched fist to denote our solidarity after we got ditched by Television Without Pity, our home for BB2 (we didn't blame TWoP, though - we were killing their server with our constant, obsessive refreshing of pages). But the fist logo was sort of bland, so Mark S. was kind enough to draw up a hamster-related logo for our use. Fisty has been updated (upgraded?) many times since then.

8. OGG! The board is down! The board is down! What do I do?

First, stop panicking. The mods and admins are doing enough of that for you. Second, give it a few minutes and try to refresh the screen. We share our server and while our host does his best to accommodate the spike in traffic during endurance competitions, traffic cannot always be predicted and occasional outages happen. Check Fisty's Facebook page and/or his Twitter for information and updates as we get them. Also, HT has an emergency back up board (a result of the Great Hack Attack of Ought Six), so it's a good idea to bookmark it now: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Hamster_Time_Backup/index.php?act=idx

SHOW FAQ

1. On which days do the various hamster competitions/events occur?

Saturday: Power of Veto competition

Sunday: General drama over veto, obligatory houseguest fight

Monday: Veto ceremony

Tuesday: General campaigning by the nominees

Wednesday: Last-minute campaigning

Thursday: Live voting; eviction; Head of Household competition

Friday: Luxury challenge; nominations
Note: The above schedule may not hold true every week.

2. When can we see these competition/events on TV?

Wednesday: Power of Veto competition and ceremony

Thursday: Obligatory houseguest fight; voting; eviction; Head of Household competition

Sunday: Luxury challenge; nominations
Note: The above schedule may not hold true every week.

3. What the heck does DUI and RTHA in HoH with Pinch, now FOTH. mean?

Weve compiled a nifty list of acronyms and nicknames in a thread appropriately called Acronyms & Nicknames located in the Big Brother Live Feed Recaps section of the board. If you think were missing something, send us a message and well consider adding it to the list.

4. How does the Power of Veto work?

The winner of the Golden Power of Veto has the power to veto one of the nominees, taking that person off the chopping block. If they themselves are nominated, they can use the Veto to save themselves. The Head of Household then must nominate another hamster for eviction, but cannot put the Power of Veto holder up for nomination in return (if the person wasn't already a nominee).

5. Why arent the houseguests allowed to sing?

The hamsters are forbidden to sing anything that CBS does not have the rights to; production would have to pay royalties to the writer of the song. Further, if the hamsters are singing all the time, CBS will not be able to give them any airtime, and that would be a travesty.

6. What is the Diamond Power of Veto and what are its rules?

The Diamond Power of Veto, seen in BB4 and BB12, is a power that allows the holder to veto one of the nominations at the eviction ceremony and replace the nominee with any houseguest except the current HOH and the current Golden Power of Veto holder. In BB4, the DPOV was awarded to the winner of a competition and was known to the house and was only good for one week. In BB12, it was awarded to the HOH that opened Pandora's Box, and it had to remain a secret until used, which could only happen during the following two eviction ceremonies.

7. What is the Coup d'Etat and how does it work?

The person granted the Coup d'Etat power has a limited number of weeks to use it to overthrow the current HOH at an eviction ceremony. If used, the holder becomes the defacto HOH, and makes his own nominations. Eviction votes are then cast. The Coup HOH is not allowed to play for HOH that week, but the overthrown HOH is allowed to compete and could become HOH for a second week in a row. The power must be kept secret until used.

8. What is the Most Valuable Player and how does it work?

Introduced in BB15, the Most Valuable Player is selected each week through a vote by America. That player is informed in secret and makes a third nomination for eviction in secret. They are not obligated to reveal themselves. They are informed of their MVP status right before the Veto competition each week. They make a nomination in secret, which is then revealed on the TV screen in the living room. Their replacement nominee (if their first choice is vetoed) is revealed the same way. During BB15, America was also the MVP several times and voted for the nominees.

9. What is the Battle of the Block and how does it work?

Introduced in BB16, the Battle of the Block takes place after two Heads of Household make nominations of two houseguests apiece. The nominees (aka, the people on the "block") compete (aka, "battle"), and the winning set is taken off the block. The HOH that nominated the pair is dethroned and sent back into the houseguest pool; he or she is no longer safe from nomination at the Veto Ceremony.

10. What is Team America and how does it work?

Introduced in BB16, Team America was chosen by feed-subscriber votes. The three houseguests on Team America were then given tasks by the subscribers.

11. What is BB Roadkill and how does it work?

Much like BB15's MVP, BB Roadkill gives one player the ability to make a secret nomination. Introduced in BB17, the BB Roadkill competition has each houseguest competing separately to win the power. That player makes a third nomination. They are not obligated to reveal themselves. The nomination is made before the Veto competition each week. They make a nomination in secret, and it is then revealed on the TV screen in the living room to the entire house. Their replacement nominee (if their first choice is vetoed) is revealed the same way.