Tsylyst

Hamster Headlines and Past BB Seasons

ff174   
Posted (edited)

I just tried the link and it worked just fine. Try copy and pasting.

In any case, Jeff announced that he will be conducting HG interviews in one week.

Edited by ff174

The very first hamster to walk thru the doors, ever, has passed away. I can't say I remember her, but other than Chicken George, I don't really remember any of the first ones. 

AVorlon   

That was a very long time ago, and I can't say I remember too much about her.  She must have been the first black female on the show, but when you watch that back again, it was so much different then.  The house seems really privative, and this was back when FOTH (front of the house) was a real thing.  

I remember her as being the most normal, reasonable person in the cast.  In other words, the one hamster FUG regrets casting.

MrsGryn   

Cassandra was lovely and very conscious of the scrutiny of the cameras. She was mature and careful in how she presented herself. Great person all around. Sad news. 

gforce   

Very sad.   She is still one of the classiest people to ever walk in that door.  If I remember right, didn’t she also lose a family member or friend in the 9/11 attack?

chrysana   

Monica from Season 2, lost her cousin in 9/11.  There were three of them left in the house (Will and Nicole) were the other two.  BB called them all into the DR to give them the news - one of the only times I remember when HGs were told outside news.  Different women...I liked Monica; but, I'm not sure I'd call her classy.

I didn't watch the first season.

Edited by chrysana

AVorlon   

Monica was famous for telling Dr. Will that "it's on!".  He didn't know what she meant by that,  and she got the nickname "Itsonica".

gforce   
10 hours ago, chrysana said:

Monica from Season 2, lost her cousin in 9/11.  There were three of them left in the house (Will and Nicole) were the other two.  BB called them all into the DR to give them the news - one of the only times I remember when HGs were told outside news.  Different women...I liked Monica; but, I'm not sure I'd call her classy.

I didn't watch the first season.

Oh, that's right.  It was Monica - who was in the habit of saying "It's AWWWNNN!", thus giving the nickname ItsOnica.  

Cassandra was indeed much more dignified.   BB1 was an interesting season, actually.  It was so different from any of the subsequent ones, it's hard to compare.   It's hard to remember a time when they had to compete to even earn their food, and they didn't have any clocks in the house.  The hammies now are too pampered, by far.

Kyara   

I have a lot of fondness for the “no clocks, compete for food, FOTH” days. So much more fun. Remember the clothes luxury comps? Good times!