Sign in to follow this  
lifeonhold

HT Tips for Screenshots and Videos

Many of us used a free program called Big Brother Lite (BBLite) last year rather than using Real Player for the feeds. You still need the subscription for Superpass, but then log in through BBLite. I thought it was a great program and it is now available for download:

http://bigbrotherlite.com/

If you have last year's version, remove it before downloading this year's program.

You may have to download AdobeAir first if you don't have that program; a link is provided at the BBLite web page. (Download & install, then go back and get BBLite)

The basic player is free. In the next 1 - 2 weeks they will also be offering an add-on to capture videos of the feeds and flashbacks; the add-on will be for a fee.

Edited by lifeonhold

One note for BBLite users - in the tools section (see the wrench icon in the lower right corner), it defaults a BBLite.com watermark to screen captures. I suggest changing it up like I did (hamstertime.net) for those who tend to borrow our hard work to use/post on other sites.

bblite2011-07-06080324.jpg

fazzle   

If I can get IrfanView to work with the feeds, I'm gonna attempt to get it to take a cap every 60 seconds for the entire day, and then check the the previous day's caps while the Hammies are sleeping and see if I got anything good.

Sophy   

How can I make my s'caps bigger, like cops and toolie? I'd like to make Jeff and his chest bigger if possible. I use photobucket to host, and BBlite to do the caps.

Or is my current size preferable?

tooletta   

When I recap, I watch the feeds on BBLite, using the 2X setting. I hit capture, then load to photobucket. Once loaded, I copy the direct link and post using the image button at the top of post. Basically, I'm posting exactly the same size I'm watching, except Fisty downsizes it slightly for me once it posts.

Does that help, Sophy?

P.S. Enlarging Jeff is always a Good Thing.

Edited by tooletta

Sophy   

Thanks Toolie, I'll give the 2X a try, since it sounds like you and I are using the same process (BBLite and PhotoBucket). Off to try to enlarge Jeff! Wait, that doesn't sound right ...

ETA: Just posted a new s'cap of shirtless Jeff, watched in 2x, captured, photobucketed, then posted in the s'cap thread. Seems the same small Jeff to me. Harrumph!

Edited by Sophy

I resize (drag the lower right corner) BBLite to somewhere between 1X and 2X.

Also, I have my Photobucket default size at upload set to 640x480. You can do this by clicking "Customize your upload options" under the sharing menu once you press the "Upload Now" button.

Hope that helps - happy enlarging!!

Sophy   

Thanks cops - testing now ...

bblite2011-07-09144408.jpg

YAY! It worked -- it was the customizing upload options that did the trick!

<runs off to find other things to enlarge>

Testing, and yes, I know I do this every year. There's a reason.

bblite2011-07-10082601.jpg

Edited by wickedtong

Testing, and yes, I know I do this every year. There's a reason.

bblite2011-07-10082601.jpg

Edited by wickedtong

Take that to the test thread, please. Thanks.

Thanks, I will catch up and remember where to find the thread and how to do this, I swear.

Edited by MrsGryn
Fixed quote tags

Another easy way to screen capture on BBLite, is to use their hotkey features.

Hotkeys for control

1. Use the spacebar for capturing a feed. This is a very useful feature, to quickly do a screencap.

2. Press the number keys (1,2,3,4 & Q) to control the live feeds. (This changes the feed very quickly, just make sure that the feed window is your active window.)

3. Use P for playing and pausing and F for entering full screen.