Tsylyst

Live Feed Recaps, Week 5 - HOH: Michael

1:16PM HT It's Turner's turn to chat with Kyle. Talk about Joseph, Monte, Turner and Kyle being the closest. And, then Turner says me and you the closest. 

Kyle heard that Alyssa wanted to make news by voting out her showmance "like a savage". So, now, he has no problem voting her out any time as long as she makes jury. Kyle thinks Daniel might have said something to Alyssa. So, he has to go talk to her next.

1:30PM HT Kyle and Alyssa in the cars room, Daniel told Alyssa that Kyle was just using her. I didn't hear the whole story. They flipped the feeds. Flip back. Alyssa wasn't buying that story. Now, he's telling Alyssa that he's had a good talk with Joseph. And, Indy told him that he needs to keep his head in the game and not spend 5 hours in the have not room alone with Alyssa.

Alyssa spills more of the talk with Daniel. He told Alyssa that Kyle is waiting until eviction day/night to kiss her... and that's why Kyle is playing so innocent. They giggle about this as they snuggle and tickle and stroke and kiss each other.

They snuggle and kiss some more and Kyle tells her how good she looks without makeup. Then, they exit so Alyssa can eat her yogurt.

Edited by Rose Lynn

1:52PM HT While Kyle waits to talk to Taylor we get to watch Jasmine put a crazy amount of TWO different hair products all over her hair. Spray. Spray. Spray. Then, lots of schmearing handfuls of a hair cream on the roots. Then, finger crimping begins and curling of each individual curl as she works all the different curls into place. This looks like WAY too much work. Thank God, Taylor exits bathroom for the cars bedroom and game talk begins. Talk about Jasmine thinking she's running the show. He retells the Joseph story to Taylor. Then, Taylor jokes about what he should say in his goodbye message to Daniel. Taylor wants to give her own speech on eviction night.

3:07PM HT In the bathroom, Taylor is conducting a makeup tutorial with Joseph as her avid listener. Daniel pipes in with some comment about him being an "artist". But, I can't be bothered with his noise. I'm busy soaking up all the makeup tips I can get from a beauty queen.

Pro Tip: At the end of her makeup application, Taylor uses not one, but, TWO different makeup setting sprays. Ah HA! There's the beauty queen trick that I was looking for!

3:21PM HT In the kitchen, we have a perplexing sight. I can't be sure. But, it does appear that Monte is attempting to peel carrots that have already been cooked. What a mess.

Edited by Rose Lynn

CycleRob   

6:25 PM HT

It's Daniel's Eviction Eve! Woot! Celebrate good times, come on!

Okay, time to eavesdrop on some hammies:

A beauty is lying alone in Michael's HOH bed. This beauty is not Brazilian or Marcia Brady or married, so she must be Taylor! She is sharing some thoughts with the live feeders.

"I haven't won any comp," laments the fetching beauty. "So I'm not the physical threat people thought I was." She opines she's not a floater in the strict definition, and she surmises that it's good she's not public enemy number one anymore, but since she's also not winning stuff, what does that make her? She struggles for new definitions, to push the boundaries of language itself. "A coaster?" she ponders. Is she a dreaded coaster? She sighs. "I didn't come here to be a coaster," she informs us. She shakes her head, beauteously troubled. "So embarrassing!" she reveals. "To play a middle game when I was supposed to be a powerhouse. So embarrassing."

She pauses for reflection and self-examination. "All I do is lay around here in my hoodie and reflective sunglasses and eat salty chips," she muses. "And cry."

CR has a thing for pensive beauties. CR really hopes Taylor wins HOH tomorrow and kicks Terrance's ass to the curb. The way he pretends to be Taylor's friend while trashing her to Daniel and others makes CR kind of loathe him.

"I don't understand how the person I thought I was going to be in this game is so different than who I am," she sighs. "I'm not a mastermind strategist, I have a terrible social game, my social game isn't going to get me anywhere here." She allows that her social game might be better within her alliance.

She continues on in this vein, but perhaps CR should see what the rest of the house is up to?

Edited by CycleRob

CycleRob   

6:55 PM HT

CycleRob should have stuck to the pensive beauty in the HOH because the rest of the house isn't doing much. Michael is exercising on the bicycle. Oh, wait, a semi-nude Joseph is stretching on the floor near the bike. Now Joseph is doing some yoga-like pose. Okay, maybe this feed isn't a total waste.

Michael, CR suggests you move your hands. It looks like you're guarding your crotch from an unseen attack.

And just like that, Michael moves his hands away from his crotch and grips the bike handles. CR has extraordinary telepathic skills!

Okay, now Feeds 1 and 2 have switched to Daniel and Terrance in one of the bedrooms, bros in misery and misogyny. "Damn!" Daniel sighs, which is what he sighed last night, and the night before, and... Hard to hear what they're saying. Daniel is doing most of the talking. Seems like they're trashing Kyle/Alyssa instead of Taylor. Daniel is of the opinion that Alyssa will dump Kyle once they're out of the house because she'll want to go party. "Young love," Daniel murmurs, and CR waits for him to add "first love," but he doesn't. Instead, he says, "It's a sonofabitch." He cackles with faux cheer. "For them and for me," quips the doomed faux-Elvis.

Now they're talking about some whiskey with uncle in the name? CR cries uncle and switches to a different feed. 

Edited by CycleRob

CycleRob   

7:35 PM HT

Should we eavesdrop on the cringemance?

Kyle and Alyssa are up on that sofa outside the HOH. They appear to be in the middle of a deep and intense non-game conversation. Alyssa has her hand on Kyle's arm, and her fingernails are painted blue. Please tell CR she didn't paint her nails blue deliberately to match Kyle's blue T-shirt, which he is, in fact, now wearing. 

Ah, the modest almost-lovers are talking about physical intimacy. "Any physical touch is nice," offers Kyle, and CR is blown away by the elegance of diction and refinement of thought that never seems to desert Kyle. 

Giggles. What an odd moment for Alyssa to move her hand away from her man, at that exact time when he's rhapsodizing about the pleasures of physical touch. Instead, she fiddles with her well-polished fingers. Conversation lags. Finally, Alyssa decides to break the silence barrier and communicate at the deepest levels with her love.

"If you could watch a show right now, what show would you watch?" asks the inquisitive enchantress.

"I call movies shows," Kyle says. "Just so you know."

"A TV show," Alyssa clarifies, seeking to narrow the focus.

"I'd probably watch... The Office is like my comfort TV show."

Alyssa looks a trifle bored with this selection. The six or seven years Kyle has on Alyssa yawns between them. Kyle flounders for something more current. "I kind of want to watch Game of Thrones all the way through," he says. He only saw the first season but he would love, he claims, to binge watch that. And yet his tone of voice is so unenthused that CR is willing to bet he doesn't give a hoot about Game of Thrones. He thought it would impress Alyssa, although that doesn't seem to be the show she's looking for him to say, either. He tries again. True Detective? "True Detective?" queries an unimpressed Alyssa.

Tired of flopping with the TV shows, Kyle asks what she would want to watch. She reveals her favorite: New Girl.

CR is bored.

Edited by CycleRob

CycleRob   

8:25 PM HT

Finally, some game talk, though it's all rather dull game talk. Several of the boys (Monte, Turner. Kyle) are talking up in the HOH room while Alyssa, Indy, and Taylor talk in that back bedroom where the girls always talk. 

The boys: talking about how good Joseph is at misleading the other side. They bring up the Joseph/Taylor faux-mance that Joseph and Taylor are trying to get the other side of the house to believe is a thing (CR isn't sure why).

The girls: Must win HOH talk. Alyssa wants to make sure the Festie Bestie team has each other's backs. She can't prove she has Taylor or Indy's backs unless she wins something. Alyssa asserts that she's about "action," and Taylor and Indy like that word, because now they're all action women too.

The boys: Kyle is talking about how Daniel told him Monte and Michael are working together, and blah blah blah, and then Turner steers the conversation to... hash browns. Apparently they're a luxury item? WTF?

The girls: Talking about Kyle and Alyssa's cringemance and the possibility of a Joseph/Taylor match. Taylor and Alyssa laugh and talk animatedly. Indy plays hall monitor and shushes them because someone might hear. Now they're more whisper-whisper. Thanks, Indy! #nofriendtorecappers

The boys: They're reliving their greatest hits of flipping the house and saving Taylor. Now they try to forecast what would have happened if Ameerah had won HOH #3 instead of Turner. Would Taylor have gone home? Rehashcakes. Monte calls Turner "the godfather" of the season because his HOH was so pivotal.

The girls: They're running scenarios about what to do if X wins HOH and Y wins veto, and Z and Z2 are on the block, and so on and so forth. 

Since none of the hammies seem in the mood for angst and backstabbing, CR is signing out for the night.

Edited by CycleRob

9:00PM HT Jasmine, Indy and Taylor are having fun chit chatting. Taylor shows off her dress. And, the INSTANT she leaves. Jasmine brags bitchily to Indy how she knows that Taylor likes Joseph. But, Joseph said if he wins HOH he'd put Taylor up. ( FYI Taylor and Joseph are only pretending to like each other because they know that will play into Indy and Jasmine's silly games) Jasmine also goes on to say how she's going to gaslight Taylor... playing up how she should talk/get to know Joseph.

(Jasmine really is a nasty little piece of work. I'm really starting to dislike her.)

More catty whisper talk between Indy and Jasmine. blah blah blah Joseph blah blah blah. Then, Jasmine goes on to tell Indy exactly when she should let go from the comp... because ya know, she's in charge of everything. Indy shuts that down and says she's not going to drop unless she has to.

Exit Jasmine.

Now, Indy is talking to the camera. She thinks Taylor showmancing with Joseph is going to put a target on Joseph's back. And, Joseph is her best friend? (according to Indy)

9:24PM HT In another bedroom, Daniel and Terrance are talking about how they think Taylor is trying to showmance Monte? (uhuh) Taylor jealousy seems to live in these two guys' heads. And, Daniel is all like, "He put you up week 4. What are you thinking." (Daniel seems to be living on his own personal version of Fantasy Island.)

Edited by Rose Lynn

9:38PM HT Turner and Jasmine are in the bathroom. And, Turner is laying it on real thick about how he'd never put Jasmine up if he wins HOH... especially not the very next week after the festie besties end. (Pretty sure I remember him laughing earlier... how he'd love to see her on the block for her birthday... or was that Joseph? I'm pretty sure I love the idea either way.)

Indy enters, and they start talking about possible twists. Battle back. more whispering.. and I doze off to wake up the earth shattering tidbit of information that Jasmine loves a coconut jellybean.

Edited by Rose Lynn

10:53AM HT Lots of grooming and hair maintenance, Terrance starts by shaving. But, he doesn't just shave his face, he goes up and over his ears with the shaving cream. Then, when he's done with round one of shaving, he gives his whole head another coat of shaving cream and shaves again. Interesting.

Daniel tries to give himself the chiseled jaw look. But, he doesn't have a great jawline to work with.

11:05AM HT Indy is whispering about Monte acting "weird" to Joseph. She's clearly trying to plant some sort of seeds to make Monte the next target. Joseph plays along and says, "Yeah, did you see how weird he was sitting in his bed... just staring ahead."

11:12AM HT And, now, we have a FULL ON ULTRA CLOSEUP of Jasmine filing Taylor's fingernails. Real exciting stuff going on right now.

11:15AM HT In cars bedroom, Indy seems to be jealous that Kyle gets to talk to Monte alone and she's not included. She kicks Kyle out so she can have a very important conversation with Monte about allergies and vacuuming.

Now, Indy is telling Monte about her dreams. He is NOT interested. Lucky, Monte. Indy gets called to the diary room. Monte, "I just can't today."

12:15PM HT Four feeds of puppies and kittens (For at least the last 15 min)

Edited by Rose Lynn

2:00PM HT New Snack Alert: Turner and Alyssa are eating cookie rolls stuffed with peanut butter and a raspberry jam dip. They're called PB&J Jam n' Jims. (From Trader Joe's... And, we all know what that means. They're already sold out.)

In other snack news, Alyssa made Mac n Cheese with pepperoni AND pizza sauce on top, pizza and chicken nuggets.

2:15PM HT Michael annoyingly vacuums in the background. And, a brief peak of Taylor and Kyle on the bikes.

2:23PM HT Indy slathers each chicken nugget that she eats with a metric shit-ton of mayo. (ew)

(There is NOTHING interesting going on ... at all.)

2:30PM HT In the cars room, Daniel is talking to Terrance. He says when they announce the vote, he's heading STRAIGHT for the door. So... I'm guessing, he's not at all bitter.

Edited by Rose Lynn

2:45PM HT Alyssa and Michael are talking in the Atomic Starburst bedroom, Alyssa thinks Festie Bestie is going to end. And, what might come next? And, she's hoping Julie announces they made it to jury.

Joseph and Daniel are in the storage room. And, Daniel is telling Joseph he HAS to fight for it.

Brittany and Taylor are near the bumper pool table. Whispering. Taylor is telling Brittany that she doesn't want to be the one to nominate Jasmine, no matter how annoying she is. (I'm not sure if Taylor really said that last bit, or if I just wished she did.) But, they are both on to Jasmine and her lies.

Brittany says, "The hypocrisy... and she (Jasmine) says she prays all the time." (They're still going on about Jasmine Lies) OMG... Brittany is seriously TRIGGERED by all of her lies. And, Taylor doesn't like cleaning up Jasmine's messes after she lies about being the one who made said mess.

Kyle Enters. More talk of Jasmine Lies. Brittany is filling Kyle in on a story about how Jasmine broke a glass and... Can you believe she LIED about it? And, let other people clean it up. Brittany, "It's so annoying! ...Such a level of DISREGARD!"

Edited by Rose Lynn