Tsylyst

There's No Business Like Show Biz

knewb   

Yes, I'm thinking both he (could he be rubber suit guy?) and the red-headed maid(s) are ghosts or something. And could Jessica Lange be any better?

Also, I was very excited to see Chris March was getting his own show but I wasn't wowed by the first episode. I'll give it another chance but I didn't love that shoe dress even a little.

spartini   

I love the maid(s), that is a clever little twist. Jessica Lange is fantastic, I wouldn't want to live next door to her character, but she makes that character.

I didn't like the shoe dress myself, nor did I care for the glitter/sand paper creation. That's disappointing because I was prepared to be blown away, I've been left wondering why I'm wasting my time. I'll give it one more chance but if I'm not wowed I have a stack of books that are screaming to be read.

RCToros   

Wow, so much to catch up on in this thread. Here's the abbreviated thoughts:

1. Mad Fashion- It's a little underwhelming. Maybe Chris March as a TV personality was only awesome in the competition setting.

2. Fashion Hunters- Never intended on watching this but I spilled over into it after watching Mad Fashion. Infinitely more interesting, but probably only if you're into name brands and clothes. The "Birkin Party" was a hoot.

3. American Horror Story- I'm enjoying the set up of the story and the creep factor. Love Connie Britton. Love Jessica Lange. A little more lukewarm on Dylan McDermott.

4. Other show I thought would be way more awesome: Person of Interest, Terra Nova.

5. Homeland- Best new show, hands down, for me.

chrysana   

OK, I'll add the new shows I'm watching since they haven't been mentioned.

2 Broke Girls - a mindless and stupid comedy. I PVR it and watch it while I'm in the kitchen doing other mindless boring tasks. It's not laugh out loud funny, but amusing.

Pan Am - I'm suprised I am watching this one, but it is interesting to see how the world was in the early 60s, or Hollywood's representation of the '60s. Were seats in planes really that roomy?

Unforgettable - I'm a sucker for crime shows. I used to watch CSI and L&O but, have found them to have been on too long. Anyway, I liked the first episode, the second I was meh, and I haven't watched the third.

Over the summer I was watching Combat Hospital. I only got to see the last three episodes and I really liked them. Kind of like a modern day MASH, without all the drinking. I plan on finding the full season before the second season starts, I'm assuming in the summer.

Shannon   

I kind of liked Pan Am too, but I remember the era and I like stuff from then, like Mad Men. I never flew in a plane back then but I'd seen them, they were roomy and so clean and new.

I though Two Broke Girls was okay, hopefully it'll get better. The creepy, slimy cook guy is so overdone, they need to lose him and do more with the goofy manager or is he the owner?

I just can't get into crime shows anymore, there have been too many for too long.

I like Homefrontbut not sure I would have caught it except it comes on after Dexter. I love Dexter.

MomPham   

My son-in-law is Josh Gomez (played Morgan Grimes on Chuck for 5 years). He's been working on a pilot/movie project and just released a trailer

NSFW! Not for children!

sam0920   

My childhood & teen years were full of Ribin Williams. Just last week I was telling my boss (30) about the Madonna Madonna Madonna scene in "The Bird Cage". I told him I always heard that voice when our coworker Madonna is mentioned. He will be missed.

Oops the wrong movie!

Edited by sam0920

MrsGryn   

It really is sad for so many reasons. There was a conversation at work about Robin Williams and we got onto the subject of depression. One woman piped up about how she doesn't understand how someone can be paralyzed by depression. You just have to get up and do stuff.I tried explaining how clinically depressed people really can't do that, but it was like talking to a brick wall.

chrysana   

It is incredibly sad. However, I think that Robin's death by suicide will open up the eyes of many. Robin was larger than life, outgoing, and funny. The fact that someone who outwardly could look so happy suffered so much inside can only bring mental illness into the spotlight.