Tsylyst

There's No Business Like Show Biz

uaintjak   

So...one thing that kind of pisses me off about her article is towards the end, she's all "We will not stop, etc, etc" and yet...she DID stop.  She's speaking out now, yes, but where was she all those years before?  She knew what kind of person Moonves was and yet she apparently kept her mouth shut.

People like Moonves get away with their shit because they're allowed to.

gforce   

Hope springs eternal, I suppose.    I know that with a lot of different forms of abuse, people keep hoping the last time was the “last” time.

No.  It's Tom promoting his new show.  The premise of the show: Tom is trying to find tapes of racial slurs made on the Apprentice.  Supposedly, Burnett has either, denied their existence, or says that he doesn't have access to them.  Arnold's show is on Viceland, which doesn't get the attention the bigger networks receive.  I believe he's making up the choking story to get press.

Well, something went down because Roma Downey (Burnett's wife) tweeted a photo of a bruise on her wrist/arm and said it happened when Tom was attacking her husband.  

I'm on the side Burnett is lying thru his teeth and not only knows that Tom is 100% right in what he thinks Trump said, but I'm also believing Tom went in looking for a fight and attacked. So I'm pretty much ok if both of them got hit. Not okay with Burnett's wife getting caught in the middle of it though.