Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

CBS' The Challenge USA (SPOILER WARNING)

Tsylyst   
7 hours ago, centraliaclerk said:

What are your thoughts on the new “The Challenge - USA”? Contestants from Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, and Love Island?

I was reading through the list (https://tvline.com/lists/the-challenge-usa-cast-big-brother-survivor-amazing-race-winners/kyland-young-big-brother-23) and I was like, "OK. OK. Maybe. I guess. OK. OK..." Then I hit David and went "but why?" Then Enzo and thought "esh, maybe not?" Then I saw Kyland, and right there and then, I decided I had no desire to watch this.

Magpie   

I've only seen a bit of one The Challenge episode in the past and wasn't impressed, so I'd not bother with this except I kinda want to see Tyson. So yeah, I'll give it a try. 

Magpie   

A note regarding spoilers for this show: The season has already taped and has been heavily spoiled, particularly on Twitter. Accordingly, if you read on in this thread, expect that you might come across spoilers.

Carry on!

MrsGryn   

WHY does CBS keep trying to make David (BB21 and 22) happen? He is not going to happen!

People I would tune in to see:

Survivor peeps: Dom, Danny, Tyson

BB peeps: Derek X, Xavier, Azah

People who make me nope out immediately: Shan (Survivor). She's the worst. 

Magpie   

I decided not to watch after all, though I was definitely interested in checking it out. Two hours of TV in a row is just more than I have time for these days. Glad to hear that Tyson is doing well!

MrsGryn   

What are you liking about the show, centraliaclerk? I do love Tyson's sense of humor, so am glad to hear he's doing well. 

I like Tyson and Angela.  Also loved seeing Tiffany get the boot.  
I watch Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Big Brother - not Love Island.  So I’m enjoying seeing old friends.  
I think the algorithm picking new partners is great.  Will just have to see how it plays out.

Sophy   

I'm enjoying it (I also watch the regular MTV Challenge Show, so I'm already a fan). The comps are usually pretty fun to watch (and dangerous to participate in) - but the best part is the host (TJ Lavin). He loves making fun of them when they compete (he laughs when they fall, etc.) and that makes me happy. The second part is the strategy and backstabbing. 

Mixing up the partners really messed with their games, but Tyler still managed to win (he's 2 for 2 with challenges).

Magpie   

That really is an interesting interview. I'd seen bits and pieces about what happened elsewhere (I don't watch that show), but Tyson really enlightened me with what he reported there. I can't say I'm inspired to ever watch it now.