Magpie

Project Runway

uaintjak   

Anyone watching "Next in Fashion" on Netflix?  It's like a kinder, gentler Project Runway without the obnoxious advertising.

MrsGryn   

No, but i am watching PR. Sergio is driving me crazy. He is such a dick but then he is often so nice, too. Gah! 

Marquise and Nancy are my favorites at the moment.

All of the designers have aspects which I detest - but for the most part, I feel it was a well-cast(ed?) season.  Now, Sergio, oy!  He really needs to leave his ego at the door and his behavior has set him up to be the one dropped just before fashion week.....which I would fully support.

knewb   
On 2/22/2020 at 11:50 PM, uaintjak said:

Anyone watching "Next in Fashion" on Netflix?  It's like a kinder, gentler Project Runway without the obnoxious advertising.

I am! I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. The designers are really talented and likeable. They skip all the personal drama that is sometimes the focus of PR. Everyone is professional and nice to each other. I enjoyed the way the judges commented on the looks as they came down the runway. The two collections in the finale were fantastic, especially given they only had 3 days to make 10 looks, though they did each have 3 sewing assistants.  Loved the winner!

uaintjak   

Yeah Knewb, I felt exactly the same way.  Only thing I missed was the judges examining the outfits up close off the runway (they kind of did that, but not like PR did it) and I think they should have a Tim Gunn-type mentor who doesn't judge.  Still overall I really enjoyed it.

knewb   

Agreed, uaintjak. A mentor would be great, especially a Tim Gunn or a Christian Siriano. And I too would like a closer examination by the judges. Wonderful job of finding talented designers form all over. Can't wait for another season.