Magpie

Project Runway

First look trailer for the NEW Project Runway as it returns to Bravo.  I have to say, while I'll miss Tim Gunn, it's perfect casting to have Christian as their mentor.  

I cannot wait for All-Stars to wrap up.....I'm not enjoying it, but I just can't quit it either.  

Edited by Tsylyst
Moved to the "Project Runway" thread.

MrsGryn   

I actually am enjoying the All Stars PR because of the international element and Dmitri, of course. The worst part of All Stars is, was, and will always be Alyssa Milano. 

Alyssa really is the worst, isn't she?  I have to give her props for managing that python this week, though.  

Wondering how you felt about the Dimitri/Michelle controversy this week.  I absolutely adored Michelle's dress and felt it was rightly chosen as the top look.  While it may have been inspired by the technique Dimitri used in his final collection that year, I didn't feel it was a blatant copy of his design.  Also, I'm a full supporter of Michelle's reaction of calling out a friend regarding his comments.  He looked weak by backing down when confronted - and I was quite surprised as I'd never imagined Dimitri showing weakness. 

I knew Juli was doomed the moment she talked about having "cheeky" monkey cheeks on the bum of her dress.  The final design didn't deliver that look - the end result (excuse the pun) was much worse.  I am wondering what Irina is still doing there, though.  Guess I just didn't get the correlation between her blooming jacket toward a kangaroo.  

Now that the season is over, I can honestly say that I love the changes.  Christian is an excellent mentor, Karli Kloss was a perfectly good replacement for Heidi, and the judges were likewise entertaining.  The designers were extremely talented and there were new challenges.  At the end, I would have been happy with any one of the final three winning.

I loved the season as well.  Not sure how Garo ended up in the finale, but he was nice enough.  I wanted to hate Hester Sunshine, if not for her name alone, but I think she was my favorite this season.

MrsGryn   

Finally watched the finale. I'm glad Sebastian won. His collection was unique but still wearable and I liked a lot of the pieces. Garo's seemed disjointed, but did have some lovely pieces by themselves, like that jacket Karlie was after. Hester's collection was fun but there was one patterned material she used a lot that I did not like and that killed it for me. Love Diane von Furstenberg when she judges. I wonder if Hester really will be offered a job and if she would take it. 

One thing that was consistent with the top three (top four, really): they all were fine with plus size models and did not act like women with curves were an affront to their psyche.

This is so sad.  He was tremendously talented and charming.  I loved Chris, and enjoyed watching him on Project Runway.

Edited by elizabethann

It's been an interesting season so far - and then THIS caused me to audibly gasp at a reality show for the first time in what seems like a decade or so.  Likely Tyler simply meant that he could see Ivanka wearing what he designed (not a compliment on a design show), but what came out seemed a little more shady than intended.  Still, when this rebuttal is the most interesting thing one has produced, it was his time to go.  

Please tell me that the Karma Bus is waiting around the corner to take out Sergio soon.

I'm holding out hope for Brittany or Nancy to take the title this season.  

knewb   

I think quite a few of the designers are very talented this season and the right ones have gone each week. I think Delvin, Sergio, Brittany, and Chelsea have all done beautiful work. Sergio is one of the biggest jerks they'd had in quite a while, but sadly he is quite talented. I'm hoping he gets cut soon for not addressing the challenge and just designing what he wants to design. I'm not sure Christian would save him because he never listens to his advice. Remember, he said first episode he was already way ahead of Christian as far as his design skills go.

The judges' picks still mystify me. I can usually pick one of the top 3, but often one I thought would be bottom 3, they just love. I don't understand the judges' love for Victoria. She has given them basically the same dress every single week. It was the most appropriate, I guess, for a dress for Karlie to wear in Paris, but surely she'll get called out at some point for always doing the same thing.

I really do love Christian as the mentor. As much as I loved and miss Tim Gunn, he had reached the point where he really wasn't giving them much guidance beyond"make it work." Christian actually puts his foot down and steers them away when he sees them going in a wrong direction. Or he attempts to anyway. 

MrsGryn   

cops, I gasped at Tyler's comment, too. I'd been kind of pulling for him, but that was just so rude! His outfit was pedestrian, so his attitude was not backed up by his work. The shots they had of clothes he made outside of the show looked really beautiful, but I'm glad he was booted.

Sergio...oh my. What an ass. I hope his humiliation is clear and completed.

Definitely liking Christian as mentor. Like knewb, I miss Tim Gunn, but Christian has brought a lot of sass to the mentor role. Don't miss Heidi. I rather like Karlie. I wish Michael Kors would come back, though. 

Haven't really gotten a handle on the designers so far, as in no one person is really standing out as far as their clothes go.