Magpie

Project Runway

First look trailer for the NEW Project Runway as it returns to Bravo.  I have to say, while I'll miss Tim Gunn, it's perfect casting to have Christian as their mentor.  

I cannot wait for All-Stars to wrap up.....I'm not enjoying it, but I just can't quit it either.  

Edited by Tsylyst
Moved to the "Project Runway" thread.

MrsGryn   

I actually am enjoying the All Stars PR because of the international element and Dmitri, of course. The worst part of All Stars is, was, and will always be Alyssa Milano. 

Alyssa really is the worst, isn't she?  I have to give her props for managing that python this week, though.  

Wondering how you felt about the Dimitri/Michelle controversy this week.  I absolutely adored Michelle's dress and felt it was rightly chosen as the top look.  While it may have been inspired by the technique Dimitri used in his final collection that year, I didn't feel it was a blatant copy of his design.  Also, I'm a full supporter of Michelle's reaction of calling out a friend regarding his comments.  He looked weak by backing down when confronted - and I was quite surprised as I'd never imagined Dimitri showing weakness. 

I knew Juli was doomed the moment she talked about having "cheeky" monkey cheeks on the bum of her dress.  The final design didn't deliver that look - the end result (excuse the pun) was much worse.  I am wondering what Irina is still doing there, though.  Guess I just didn't get the correlation between her blooming jacket toward a kangaroo.  

Now that the season is over, I can honestly say that I love the changes.  Christian is an excellent mentor, Karli Kloss was a perfectly good replacement for Heidi, and the judges were likewise entertaining.  The designers were extremely talented and there were new challenges.  At the end, I would have been happy with any one of the final three winning.

I loved the season as well.  Not sure how Garo ended up in the finale, but he was nice enough.  I wanted to hate Hester Sunshine, if not for her name alone, but I think she was my favorite this season.

MrsGryn   

Finally watched the finale. I'm glad Sebastian won. His collection was unique but still wearable and I liked a lot of the pieces. Garo's seemed disjointed, but did have some lovely pieces by themselves, like that jacket Karlie was after. Hester's collection was fun but there was one patterned material she used a lot that I did not like and that killed it for me. Love Diane von Furstenberg when she judges. I wonder if Hester really will be offered a job and if she would take it. 

One thing that was consistent with the top three (top four, really): they all were fine with plus size models and did not act like women with curves were an affront to their psyche.