Magpie

Project Runway

MrsGryn   

In other news, Georgina Chapman, who has been a judge on PR and its spin offs, is apparently married to Harvey Weinstein. Never knew that. Also yuck. 

Not for long - she announced yesterday she's leaving his rapey ass.  Georgina has always been sweet when she was a judge on Project Runway - and some of the Marchesa dresses are beautiful - but word around Hollywood is that Harvey's influence was one of the main reasons there was always a Marchesa gown worn on the red carpets.  Time for a rebranding, Georgina, because I can't imagine another celeb will agree to wear the brand that's so recognized with this mess (still shaking my head as I read these comments from "celebs" and actual celebs...but I'll take those comments over to the celebrity thread).

Shannon   

People are running like rats from a sinking ship, I don't know who to believe, someone calls him out, then they are called out, what a mess this is.  I wasn't surprised when Ben Affleck was called out, but then Matt Damon is called out, damn it, I wanted Damon to be a good guy.  By the time this is all spilled, there will be a lot of people to hate.  I am so sick of finding out that celebs I have really enjoyed turning out to me monsters!  

Loved this week’s show!  So glad that Tim was able to get to the heart of the drama.  

I felt bad for Batani’s model.  So unflattering!  I almost had the feeling that Batani tanked it on purpose.  I have the greatest respect that the model didn’t rage down the runway and then get out of sight as fast as possible.  

Also, was I the only person who saw Zac Posen patting the chest of the winning look and cringing?  I was yelling, “There’s a person under there!  Get your hands off her boob!”

MrsGryn   

Ayana was robbed! Her weirdo hoop dress and fun pants were perfect for the challenge with those crazy Shopkins and avant garde. And once again Liris proved herself an all-star model. How did Ayana not win this one? Michael's was fun and had a good concept but it didn't really look like a melting disco ball. It looked like a poorly padded lame jumpsuit. I think Heidi was picturing herself in it. 

Loved the twin ouster. Amy immediately went into professor mode with Claire's admission she had a tape measure. "But it was just a tank top!" Yeah, so why did you need to measure a simple tank top in order to construct one? Oh, I know. Because you suck!

It sucked that Amy went home as well but her design was not interesting.

Best moment? Kentaro calling out, "No measuring tape!"

On 9/29/2017 at 9:17 AM, copssister said:

On the bright side, we'll be dumping one of the twins.  But, really PR, "To be continued”?  Ugh.

I didn't get the top dresses at all.  I thought that Margarita's looked like a bed sheet poorly rusched into a shirt dress.  I hated the velvet coat dress because it looked like every other JC Penney dress from 10 years ago.  Truth is, I didn't care for anyone's designs this week.  

None were as wretched as the twins' ensembles, though.  We know what's going to happen with this runway showdown.  Shawn will meltdown completely and send the model down in a fabric wrap that's held together with safety pins and rubber bands.  Claire will spend so much time in the workroom consoling Shawn that she'll not have much more on her model.  In the end, I predict that we'll see both twins are auf'ed and no one else goes home next week because of the drama created by what seems to be another sort of team challenge.   

Lastly, I'm watching you, Amy.  You say you have great design, and I thought you leisure pantsuit was almost acceptable until the close-up examination showed the orange stitching all over it.  Oy, ye of low taste!

Isn't it time for an avant garde challenge?

Sure, I asked for an avant garde challenge......but I sort of hated what most of what they created.  There was something so wrong with the placement of the bumps on Michael's Lost-in Space: Girl from the Green Dimension-themed costume.  And while Batani's look wasn't truly unfinished when it wasn't, Margarita simply chose off-white tulle to accomplish pretty much the same look.

I'm with MrsGryn.....of all the looks, I'd give the win to Ayana for going all-in and designing something a CHILD would like to have on a toy with which CHILDREN play.  I did like Brandon's look, dangling ribbons and all, but it was not even close to avant garde.  

Shannon   

Good gawd, enough with the stupid long ribbons from hell!  When some others do that same thing over and over, they get jumped on, and rightly so, for boring the crap out of the judges, but this guy gets it to be his signature, ugh.  

Ayana's a should have won, even Margerita (is that her name) should have won, but lumpy space head suit, double ugh.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Michael leaving last night.  Kentaro's creation was just bad, except for the coincidental timing of this episode to air close to Halloween.  Liris was NOT having that outfit at all - the hairstyle was truly the crowning piece on that costume!

Margarita was a little delusional about her final look.  It looked much better before she began haphazardly gluing "flair" to it.  Brendon's creation was really flirty and fun - very well-constructed, even with the danger of a butt-cheek flashing the judges....and the dangling ribbons didn't really bother me this week.  Ayana's dress was amazing - good for her for that win.  Kenya's texture and shaping was so cool - but it did NOT flatter her model's shape.  

I'm actually amazed we still have the Tim Gunn save in play - likely to save one of the 'bros so there can be a showdown at Fashion Week.

If Kentaro had been auffed, Tim would have 100% used his save. As with Tim, I don't find Michael worth the save. And since I've seen his NYFW collection (the bottom 6 designed, some were decoys) and it's truly horrifying, he deserved to be gone. I've never found Michael anywhere near as special as Michael finds himself. Same goes for Margarita, so she can follow out next. I want to like Kenya, but she always just seems to miss the mark, so I wouldn't be too upset if she goes before Margarita though. 

I wonder if Tim won't come in the next morning and say, "I should have used it."

I really hope not.  Michael's involvement in the whole twin drama makes him much less likable than I thought earlier in the season.

MrsGryn   

I doubt Tim would use it on Michael, even after sleeping on it. Micheal has been inconsistent, unlike Kentaro and Brandon, or even Ayana who has a unique perspective for PR. 

On 10/20/2017 at 3:44 PM, elizabethann said:

I foresee a final three of Brandon, Kentaro, and Ayanna.

That's my guess also. I am not a big fan of Ayanna, although I have liked a few of her looks.

I do like both Brandon and Kentaro alot. But I want Kentaro for the overall win this season. Brandon's looks are all too similiar (and stringy). 

Of course, Tim Gunn is my favorite on the show every season. God, I love that man! Heidi gets on my nerves. She needs to dress her age. Just like Jennifer Lopez, I don't care how good your body is, you are just too damn old to wear that. (Rant over)

(Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind as I get older!)