Magpie

Project Runway

MrsGryn   

I do remember liking Joanna Coles in the mentorship role. As far as the designers, I did like Emilio and Uli of the flowing Miami maxidresses. Andrae was awhile ago and can't think of him without my favorite PR designer ever (until Dour Dmitri came along): Santino.

On the last all-stars season, the Heidi-clone host was so dull that I watched the entire season and I STILL don't know her name.

I was actually happy about that. I love Heidi, but really... If I'm going to watch an All-Star season, I want to focus on the designers, not on someone who will never be Heidi, no matter how hard she tries.

I would not be surprised to see an addition to the cast based on this season's results. There are some pretty good designers left in this season, and obviously they all can't win. One or two of them might be tempted to go for a second shot (rather than applying themselves to be successful on their own).

RCToros   

Anyone else feel like Lifetime is sucking the life out of Project Runway? Err, was that a pun?

The hour and a half episodes seem overly long and another All-Stars right around the corner... I dunno. It feels like they're diluting the product. Oh, and I almost forgot the forgettable spin-offs: the models only show and Project Accessory.

I never even finished watching All-Stars 1, the accompanying talk show was horrid. I just fast forward the episodes to the runway now (go Dimitri!). At least I can count on some Nina and Michael bitchface. And I love when Heidi calls something "bah-zaar".

Edited by RCToros

I think it's going to be Christopher and Dmitri in the end. I don't see Melissa making it past this week and Fabio's probably after her. Sonjia just doesn't seem as strong as Christopher or Dmitri when it comes down to the end.

uaintjak   

I'd agree with Christopher and Dmitri in the final 3. I think it's a toss-up between Fabio and Sonji though for the third spot.

PhilG   

I loved the look on Sanji's face when Melissa was picked to go to Fashion Week...a combination of supremely pissed off and knowing her time was up.

So now we're gonna have the "semi-final" thing again, where they have to crate 12 looks but only show 3--or 1--and someone is eliminated?

I can't believe Melissa made it. Her design was so very ugly. It was obvious they weren't picking on this challenge alone and the final 4 was already determined before this challenge.

I was rooting for Sonji, partially because she's from Boston, mostly because I like her work. I don't understand how she got cut after winning the last comp and a few others besides. And question, why didn't she get to go back and get her fabric? In the past other designers have gone back to Mood (Kenley) to get their tulle, etc. What was that all about?

Well that was a complete waste of an hour and a half. Shocker, only not. The only good part of the show before the runway show is always Tim visiting them at home. I just can't imagine having Tim visit me at home. What do you serve Tim Gunn? He's just so regal!