Magpie

Project Runway

Given all of his previous designs, I'm not sure where the hell Ken's mind was during the design of that monochrome, yet shiny, pants with a bodice and sleeves made from grandma's fancy living room couch.  His fabric selection was certainly the catalyst for departure over design.  As ugly as those "sleeves" were, it would have read better on the runway than that random piece of pale blue lame draped across his model like a bib at Red Lobster's lobster fest.  

So, we're left with an all-star finale having three very distinct voices.  Stanley will bring the ultra-conservative, well-tailored, non-offensive pieces.  Fabio will bring the funky, boxy look.  Anthony will bring a collection of well-draped, romantically feminine pieces.  Given the judging panel, this all but ensures an all-star win for Fabio.  

It was very sad to see Anthony and Ken standing next to each other at the end - these two really complimented each other's personality (see MrsGryn's post above).  

Ken handled his auffing with grace and class.  For me, his metamorphosis from the dick he was previously, was the highpoint of this season.

As far as the finale goes, how the remaining designers are going to come up with six more looks in less than a week, seems daunting.  Will we see them at their best?

MrsGryn   

Stanley for the win!

I actually really liked Ken's sleeves with his well-tailored pants. I was really hoping for Fabio to go, because that signature outfit was hideous. Beyond hideous, actually. His stuff was like a bad art project made wearable. Bleech. But if they absolutely had to keep Fabio, then it should have been a final four.

One thing I really really hated was when Stanley busted out that adorable sequins and leather blocked minidress, and Isaac complained that it wasn't like Stanley's regular creations. Sheeh! He had an hour with scraps and came up with something cute and wearable. Jeebus.

Also Anthony got so many kudos for his color story and the fabric color and contrast color, yet that was all Joshua. I mean, the draping was gorgeous but don't give him credit for the fabrics. 

Completely agree about the misdirected kudos to Anthony on the color combination.  In my mind, because he's such a nice bitchy man, he corrected them and credited Joshua but those comments landed on the floor of the editing room (figuratively).  

ANTHONY!!!

That finale dress was amazing.  The selection of that fabric really made up for last episode's misdirected credit from Joshua's color combination.  I even liked the two-piece pantsuit created from that fabric.  Also, if Candice had spent the time actually sewing that she spent complaining about Anthony's plan to all the other designers, there really wouldn't have been a time-crunch, right Candice?

While I did enjoy Stanley's collection - in comparison to Anthony's collection, outside of that opening coat with the belt buckle accents, it seemed rather drab and conservative.  Also, Stanley, don't claim to have cleaned up the hem on your signature piece when the camera captured the fraying hems. 

Fabio's was pure Fabio, yet a boring Fabio.  I'm fairly sure Helen is to blame for Fabio's hiccup in design.  Yes, I'll always blame everything on Helen.  

Lastly, eff you WEINSTEIN!, we may have seen the last of Project Runway!  Where will we get our Tim Gunn fix?

There is celebrating happening at the elizabethann house.  I was afraid that Fabio would win - his stuff was so..designerly.  Stanley's collection was classy, but boring (and there was the frayed hem thing).  Anthony, on the other hand, designed fabulous clothing and proved he was more than the comic relief of Project Runway.

In conclusion, what copssister said.  Save Tim Gunn!

MrsGryn   

Anthony's peacock dress was faaaaabulous. Loved it and that alone deserved the win. 

Stanley's frayed hem really bugged me, but I'd still go to him for a bespoke outfit.

As if we didn't have enough reason to hate Weinstein. Save Tim Gunn!

It's better news if that means no more Georgina on the judging panel.  Also, hopefully, better stylists for Alyssa when she hosts All-Stars.  

I'm hoping this move opens up a possibility of another Project Runway Juniors season.  They really were most favorite seasons of the show - the kids were always awesome to each other.  None of the snippy commentary back and forth between contestants - their innocent, fearless creativity resulted in some truly amazing designs!

Hopefully the return to Bravo means real sponsors and no more JCPenney or "Project Runway" brand accessories, hair, and make up! LOL! I get that's on par with the average viewer's price range, but I want to see stuff I covet, not the crap I can actually afford. On Lifetime they were one step away from the special challenge where the winning look will be available tomorrow at Walmart. And I want to see gowns! I can't remember the last time I saw a legit gown, let alone more than one, on PR. I don't need to see them every week, but again, I don't want to see stuff I can buy off the rack.