Magpie

Project Runway

That jumpsuit was certainly a Deli Kelly design.....I really enjoyed her on the prior season.  Not many of her designs are in my wheelhouse, but I do admit she was robbed of her win by the "Ashley designs for plus size" gimmick that season.  I hope she stays around this season and takes the finale!

MrsGryn   

Yes, I really liked Kelly. She has a great attitude and is also full of gratitude for the show and what it has brought her. 

oh HELL no

There's no way that Stanley's singed-Gunne-Sax taffeta prom dress, circa 1984, was a better design/execution than Kelly's.  No way.  

While I dislike any double elimination on a reality show is based on contestants randomly paired together, there was no argument from me when the losers were announced.  Given the sometimes public confusion between transgender and drag, my first thought of "wow, that's a dress for a drag queen" when I saw Ari's design felt so wrong.  Completely agreed with Isaac when he said the dress would have easily been transformed into stunning if the panel of strategic beading was placed only down the back.

On that same note - Joshua had better be thanking Amanda for pulling their duo into middle-of-the-pack safety.  His design and taste level was right there with Ari's this week.  

Get your shit together, Merline - that was not a good look.

Alyssa continues to use Tonya Harding as her stylist.  

MrsGryn   

Alyssa generally looks like discarded scraps, but what do I know about fashion? I'm wearing leggings with a Halloween pattern. (shut up, they are comfortable)

Sorry to see Ari go. I don't remember much about Melissa and while I actually liked the fabric she chose, the dress itself was not terribly exciting. However Ari's dress was a bit tacky. It was, however, demure compared to Josh's side view black number. I suspect if Ari's panel had been all lace there might have been a better chance of surviving. 

Merline needs to thank Candice profusely because her outfit saved Merline's butt. Those amoeba patches were not a dress, they were a bunch of hotpads thrown together randomly. And there is never an excuse for crotchview.

I absolutely LOVED Fabio's outfit this week.  My midgety-round body could never pull off a paper-bag waist, but it is a beautiful design for a tall woman.  Anthony's dress was equally as nice,  It was a pretty good week across the board, with a few exceptions:

I certainly didn't feel Amanda's design was the worst.  Sure, the fabric selection was questionable and the strappy accent on the top ruined the look of a middle-of-the-pack dress.  Please allow me to present my evidence as to those which were much worse than what she put on the runway.  That cape....just no, Edmond.....and the dress was rather awful as well.  Joshua is BEGGING the judges to speak to him - yet this monstrosity was graded well-enough by them to keep him safe and out of the discussion.  The judges admitted they have repeatedly given Merline feedback against producing this very dress on a runway - yet she did.....again.....and she was still not awfed.  

I'm still giggling about Ken sending that Vulcan wearing that red dress having mariachi-band themed sleeves down the runway.  That poor model.    

What's it going to take to get rid of Merline?  On the whole, I found Amanda's designs far superior to Merline's Dynasty shoulder-forward throwbacks.  

Ken must be taking his meds this season - I don't hate him.  Shocker. Loving the sisterhood.  

MrsGryn   

Anthony's white dress was stunning and a showstopper, I think he should have won this round over Fabio, who had a great look, too.

Amanda...she is someone that I always think I should like but for some reason just never, ever warmed up to her. I suspect in person I would feel differently because I don't recall her ever doing or even saying something that was untoward, but I guess it's just an inexplicable visceral reaction to her.

Merline's dress was drab and unoriginal in so many ways. She should have been auf'd.

Team Joshua!  I do love a bitchy designer, especially during the runway critique.  Though I do wish that when he got snippy with Georgina that he had thrown in a question about her level of taste given the man she chose to marry (yeah, I know this was likely filmed before the scandal broke).  That being said - I loved the technique he used with the hot glue  - but what was underneath was pretty darn wretched.  

I can't help but include "Flat" every time I think of Stanley.  Good for him for winning this challenge, but I can't seem to see him for anything more than an average designer.  

Helen was damn lucky this week - I'd have had her on the bottom - even leaving before the tree skirt monstrosity that got Kimberly her boot.

Anthony's pants were cool, though the concept behind them was very similar to me to the memorable umbrella skirt.  The disc on top seemed like a kindergarten play costume rather than a fashion design.  

MrsGryn   

I was pretty underwhelmed by all of the avant garde looks this last week. Would have booted Joshua for his total bitchiness on the runway. You can be a total jerk when you're at the top of the profession, not when you are still climbing your way to the top. And it looks like next episode has Isaac Mizrahi tearing Josh a new asshole.