Magpie

Project Runway

That finale was a joke, right?  I mean of those four contestants, the judges picked Kentaro for the win?  I didn't care for Ayana's collection at all, but it was certainly better than Kentaro's mish-mash of origami outfits.  Ayana's final dress alone should have secured her win over any of the remaining contestants - add to that the one-of-a-kind beautiful veil and I just don't get the judging.  I mean, Kentaro designed a damn reverse-mullet cocktail dress and still won!   And his final dress sure seemed functional for someone who doesn't want to eat at their wedding.

Brandon's final look was worn by a male model, correct?  In heels.  As if the endless ribbons hanging from his garments weren't gimicky enough.  He would have been better off showing his top ten looks from throughout the season rather than that snoozefest of pale flamingos.  Still, it was heartbreaking to watch him crumble emotionally as he entered the back room.  

Edited to add.....if this doesn't support my perspective on Kentaro - here's what JCPenney did to his collection.  Oy!

Pretty interesting season when clips of the finale outshine the runway show.  How many months until next season launches?

Edited by copssister

Shannon   

I loved that smug, too cocky to bother working on his line, Brandon got a huge reality check.  Of course the judges should have called him out on his ridiculous repeating, so maybe he could have evolved, but no, he was Strings and by golly he was going to make the same thing over and over and felt entitled to do so, and the judges kept egging him on.  I was thrilled he didn't win, didn't even come in second.

I didn't much care for most of Ayana's line, but that final dress was a show stopper.  

I liked Kentaro's the most, but the Penney's rendition is truly bad.  

And I still liked Margarita's, it was fun, like cruiseware for bling loving elderly.  The Wannabe Cherware.

I should add that I can only see the first part of the Penney's line, the IPad isn't having it, I hardly ever get the IPad to go to a link and stay there long enough to see anything.

And I didn't even notice a male model or see a wedding dress, how slowold am I?

Edited by Shannon

tlh9   

I liked the "long-sleeved cozy hooded cardigan" at Penney's.  

Anyway I didn't see the show but was checking out the looks online through your links and that "reverse-mullet" thing?  That, is hideous.  Same with that wedding (???) dress.  Good freaking God.  And that dress worn by the male model?  What the fuck even *was* that??

Ayana should have been the winner. I liked Kentaro at the start, but his collection wasn't anything special. Some if it was just horrifying, like the mullet dress. Seeing what JCPenney did to his collection, I'd say he wasn't the winner either. Project Runway has gotten low rent and it shows. What's next? The Target accessory wall, Glamor Shots make up studio,  and Great Clips hair salon? I will say, Kentaro's collection was the only one that really said NYFW. Margarita's was a tacky mess, Brandon's was too one note with the lack of fabrics, and Ayana's was too basic overall. She should have an excellent career ahead of her though. I can see her working like Michael Costello has. 

MrsGryn   

Kentaro is a lovely pixie, but that collection was basically unwearable. Same with Brandon. I mean...his stuff was edgy avant garde hi-low, long side-short side, loopy, stringy, and made from cruise wear fabric. Where would that sell? No where! That's why he was out.

I actually enjoyed most of Margarita's outfits just for the sheer color. Liked the yellow fish dress and even liked the Cher bellbottoms outfit. A lot of her stuff was good for most body types (looking at you, Kentaro) and it all looked happy. She has a ready market for her stuff.

Ayanna's collection was actually my favorite. Aside from that amazing show stopper of a final dress, I liked her color palate base of silver and going off from that. The headscarves were interesting and intricate, like on that "street wear" silver number. I also think it was a missed opportunity for JC Penney to cater to the modest fashion market. There are a lot of people who are tired of the Heidi slutwear look out there. Much of this collection could have been marketed beyond the Muslim and Duggar communities. 

But let's talk about the elephant in the room. Heidi's purple dress. What the hell? Her boobs were at her navel. That is not complimentary.

tlh9   

I tried googling that, and found something hideous, but is there a linky to a picture of her in it so I can make sure I'm looking at the right thing?

I'm rooting for unlimited Tim Gunn saves next season - that man knows a good designer when he sees one.  I didn't even notice Heidi's dress in that photo - because Tim is just so damn adorable.