Tsylyst

BB24 House Analysis and Discussion

5 hours ago, forever1267 said:

Why do they always have to tell someone in advance?  That should have been a really fun blindside last night, but Nicole seemed very aware.   Daniel isn't my favorite, but he's right to vote for your own game.   Voting with the house is BORING!!!!

SADLY, (sorry, couldn't help myself) it's been that way for a long time.

Tsylyst   

If it's a big one they know people will want to tune in for, such as The Wall. They also usually promote the Zingbot veto in advance.

Got to get those ratings!

ETA: And to try to get extra signups for the feeds to watch The Wall live.

Tsylyst   

Julie teased this as the next twist:

Next Thursday, in a two hour episode, the house will be split into two groups. The groups will have no interaction and two separate games of Big Brother will play out simultaneously all week long, ending in a double eviction.

Tsylyst   

This week is the Split House Twist.

Two complete games will take place simultaneously and separately. One group of five houseguests will live in the house, the other will live in the backyard. They will have no contact.

Michael won the HOH comp and will be Head of Household for Big BroChella indoors. Terrance was runner-up and will be roughing it as Head of Household outdoors during Dyre Fest. Michael and Terrance will be choosing who will be living with them in a school-yard pick that will likely be over by the time the feeds return.

Each group of houseguests will have its own nominations, Veto comp, Veto meeting and live vote and eviction.

MrsGryn   

I'm bummed that Kyle and Alyssa were put on the same team. It would have been a lot more interesting to see them apart for a week and how that played out. 

Magpie   

Me, too, except that it did give us Kyle actually playing the game by working on Terrance regarding noms. I'm not thrilled that Turner might be in danger, but I'll give it to Kyle that he did a good job there. 

venkman7   

Personally I am delighted to have Jasmine up on the block and (oh please please please) hopefully the target.

PatMcNJ   

So no feeds of outside gang because of wall yellers outside?  I saw that on Twitter with wild speculation on Terrance pulling Turner down and putting Kyle on the block.  

Magpie   

Even the wall yeller part is speculation as far as I know. I seldom see anything factual posted on BB Twitter. 

Tsylyst   

While this twist seems like it would be huge on the surface, from a viewer standpoint, what FUG seems to have forgotten is that Final Five (and Four and Three) are the most boring parts of the season. So by dividing the house into two groups of five...she's just doubled the bore factor. Sunday's episode was a serious snore, though the editors tried their best. Even Turner's "blindside nomination" was pretty mild.

No real plotting can happen because with such a small group of people, everyone knows where everyone else is and what they are doing at all times. There are only two votes, so there's no real campaigning to be done. And the players can't really plan for anything without knowing what the other half of the hamsters are doing.

With the backyard being occupied all week with no chance to build an elaborate set, there's not much chance of a physical or endurance HOH competition on Thursday. It will probably be some sort of random-chance comp happening off the feeds (maybe in that upstairs comp space that hasn't been used yet this season?), so it's not even like viewers have that to look forward to.

I agree, Tsy, this twist was misplaced in the season. It's not a bad one, but for all the reasons you've listed it doesn't flow well.  It's as if the "twists" meetings each pre-season get the ideas down on paper and then the production staff places bets on the one which will most epically fail....because they all fail.  

Everything Tsy said, 100%. Plus, on top of the two groups of five being the most boring thing ever. There's the added annoyance that the feeds are down constantly. With only a few exceptions, every time I've turned on the feeds for days... it's puppies. And, don't get me wrong... I love the puppies. But, at this point, even the puppy clips are recycled repeats.

As far as I can tell, the only meaningful thing that seems to have occurred for days is a serious bonding between Monte and Taylor. And, from what I've seen, maybe even a bit of a crush on Taylor's part.