Tsylyst

BB24 House Analysis and Discussion

From that article:

"Expect the unexpected this summer with a season full of new and unique twists and turns to challenge the Houseguests. "

I was afraid of that.

Magpie   

I was glad to see this part:

...a group of all-new Houseguests move into the BIG BROTHER House

3 hours ago, elizabethann said:

From that article:

"Expect the unexpected this summer with a season full of new and unique twists and turns to challenge the Houseguests. "

I was afraid of that.

Yeah, but they say that every year and more often than not, it's really barely true. My favorite is when the latest new thing happens once, is lame and fails to be popular, so it's never mentioned again. 

Tsylyst   

I'm not sure it bodes well that we're exactly a week away from the season starting and there hasn't been anything from CBS about BB24 except a premiere date.

No house tour, no tease of the theme/twist, no cast announcement, no details about if the premiere is a live move-in or pre-taped, no Twitter posts from Julie or Grodner about anything or when to expect details. The Live Feeds page hasn't been updated for BB24 -- it's still showing all the BB23 feeds and highlights.

Magpie   

I read several articles that said that a live move-in is planned, and that feeds will start later that same night. One source: https://screenrant.com/big-brother-24-premiere-live-move-in-houseguests/

As for the rest, the cast was revealed on July 1 last year, with the season starting on July 7. So we're a little late on that, as we should have seen the cast today going by that precedent, but maybe they are being extra cautious after the past two seasons having Covid glitch things. I don't think we saw the house until maybe the day before the season started, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Tsylyst   

I'm struggling to care about reality TV these days, so if CBS can't be bothered to try and make me care more than a couple days before a show starts ... maybe I just won't?

Tsylyst   

I feel like we should lay down bets on if the bald lady that got booted from sequester with a positive COVID test last season after the cast was announced will be part of this year's cast.

Magpie   

I'm hoping that her obnoxious social media behavior with all the clinging on to the actual cast (and implying that she was part of the season) turned casting off to the idea of having her. But knowing FUG, it probably makes it more likely we'll see her again. Oh, well, it's always good to have one to fill the early HAAAAATE spot!

Tsylyst   

Wow, they really don't want people Googling arrest records for these people before they enter the house, huh?