Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

The Amazing Race - Season 33

MrsGryn   

I tried really hard to find a clip of Ken and Gerard from TAR3 yelling 'We're coming, Phil!" as they raced toward the mat in Austria but came up empty. 

Anyway, that's my response. Picture it in your head, please. 

Welcome back, TAR. This is the first season in a long time where I don't hate at least one of the teams even on the first leg. Some of the challenges were pretty simple, sure, but I'm admittedly rather forgiving since the race has been gone so long.  

Magpie   

I automatically hate anyone who is an Internet "anything", because it reminds me of the casting on BB. That married couple who does the videos is especially annoying, though him and the other guy wasting 30 minutes of a RACE to stand around with clues in hand wondering if they should be looking at postage stamps was pretty hilarious. 

There aren't any teams I particularly like just yet, but I'm curious to see which two teams dropped out after the Covid-related break that is coming up. (I believe that break starts at the end of next week's episode.)

Tsylyst   

Yeah, I want to see which "relationships" didn't make it through being in lockdown.

3 hours ago, Tsylyst said:

Yeah, I want to see which "relationships" didn't make it through being in lockdown.

I'm guessing the couple who met on Love Island won't make it.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, Magpie said:

I automatically hate anyone who is an Internet "anything", because it reminds me of the casting on BB. That married couple who does the videos is especially annoying, though him and the other guy wasting 30 minutes of a RACE to stand around with clues in hand wondering if they should be looking at postage stamps was pretty hilarious. 

There aren't any teams I particularly like just yet, but I'm curious to see which two teams dropped out after the Covid-related break that is coming up. (I believe that break starts at the end of next week's episode.)

Aww... I like Kim and Penn, but I've watching their YouTube videos for years now. I wasn't a fan of 2 other husband and wife teams. The husband who kept bitching at his wife to move faster and the one who kept ignoring his wife saying Bobby wasn't a specific man both really annoyed me. 

How long was the filming break? I'd imagine not every one was able to get more time off of work or real life, or some might have just decided Covid was too big of a risk. It's one thing to get X amount of time off but another to take a short time but need that time off again however long later. 

Magpie   

They started filming in February 2020, and broke off at the end of the month. Over a year later, they returned to finish the race. 

So we not only got to see it paused, but also start up again. I wasn't surprised the Love Island couple, Caro and Ray, didn't rejoin the race - they barely seemed to have the relationship skills to get through the next race leg let alone a pandemic together. I was shocked that I didn't see Taylor and Isaiah at the (re)start line. Did I just miss them as the camera panned over the teams? 

Also, any guesses on the "familiar faces" that Phil mentioned taking the place of the teams who didn't return?  Is it too much to dream of the possibility of Tyler/Korey, Charla/Mirna, Uchenna/Joyce or Ken/Gerard??

Magpie   

It looked like there were as many as four teams MIA, including Love Island and a couple who were expecting a child when the race restarted. I think the "we caught a terrorist" guys were missing, too. I forget who the fourth missing team was, so that was probably Taylor and Isaiah.

The 2 eliminated teams were standing off to the side, apparently the "familiar faces" Phil mentioned. It would make sense to bring them back to replace the missing teams.

AVorlon   

I'm sorry to hear this, since I thought the "We took down a terrorist" guys were going to win the whole thing. It sounds like some good teams are gone, replaced by eliminated teams that have already shown themselves to be incompetent.