MrsGryn

Food Shows

We never like floaters, regardless of the reality competition on which they're appearing.  I knew Caitlin was doomed the moment she tossed in something like "I make these biscuits every day - I could make them in my sleep."

I think we're able to discuss Last Chance Kitchen after it's been released on BravoTV.com...if not, please feel free to insert spoiler tags.  Glad to see Brother Luck is back to battle in LCK.  Let's hope it's his Redemption Tour.  Nice to see Jim again - but CARRIE is back!  Of course Caitlin is faced with a biscuit challenge - and of course she fails again.  Fails so severely that she loses out to a guy who served fish gravy (the hell?)  I'm okay with watching a cheftestant whom I like walk out of both the main competition and the LCK challenge because, did I mention?, CARRIE is back!

I don't even know what to say about Brother winning his way back in/out of the comp via a revolving door - all to say "yeah, no thanks" to Top Chef's LCK.  He actually burned his own safety net.  Still don't really understand that one.  

MrsGryn   

I got the feeling Brother was just exhausted at that point. Also, the other chefs were pretty freaking rude to him, celebrating him leaving, etc. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of them.

So far I like Eddie, Brian the tall dude, Adrienne of the short blonde hair. Brandon with the blond pompadour who just got knifed turned out to be less of a douche than he seemed like he was going to be. 

My hate for Sara, the KY Bitch, grows with each episode. 

21 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

My hate for Sara, the KY Bitch, grows with each episode. 

Mine too, but on the other hand, my love for her failing at challenges is growing stronger by the episode. 

MrsGryn   

Going on to the most recent episode of Top Chef...

Sorry to see Brian go but that team was definitely going down in flames. Not just the power outtage did them in, but the serious approach to the food rather than the party. The fact that Brian, a butcher and expert meat cooker, tanked so badly on the previous week means it was for sure his time to go. Also, take your shoes and socks off before you get in a jacuzzi! Weirdo.

Kelsey deserved the win for the green team, especially for being smart enough to keep the oysters cold and making the party favor bags.Also I'm grateful that the hated Sarah the KY Bitch did not win. She had several moments of grrr! but the most egregious was at the end when she snotted at the other team that "the challenge was to throw a party." Correct on the surface, but everything about the way she says things goes right up my spine. 

If anyone is still watching Top Chef and saw last night's episode with guest judge Abe Conlon, hey, I know that guy! 

I've known him since he had a day job working at Whole Foods and did popup events to try to get going as a chef.  Now he's all Hollywood and gone is the man-bun.  Heh.  One of my most fun, interesting, and delicious dinners ever was a Halloween event, which was themed Little Sock Hop of Horrors and included costumes, attitude, and dancing.  Each course of food was a high school class with a horror take, i.e. Biology class was a frog pinned down with arms and legs stretched out and some blood on the plate.  No frog in the dish - each body part was some component of a delicious dish.

His restaurant is Fat Rice in Chicago.  We brought a foodie relative there a few years ago and he still says it was one of the best meals of his life.

MrsGryn   

That's so cool! 

I'm watching. Rooting for Eric at this point. Kelsey as second choice. I intensely dislike that KY Bitch. 

Loved Eddie, grew to love Adrienne.