MrsGryn

Food Shows

cubkip   

My son is my opposite although he looks like my clone.   He hates dealing with people where I am very customer service oriented. 

This broke my heart.  It also made me think about what I'd do if I only had a year to live.  First, I would trash my scale. Then, I would travel (what good are credit cards I'd you can't max 'em out?)  I'd like to visit the Greek island where my grandfather grew up, swim under a waterfall, and eat Kobe beef, lobster...yes, lobster every day, and so many things that have been prepared on Top Chef.  I'd also sign up to recap a bunch of Big Brother episodes scheduled to air after my d date, just to pull one last one over on @MrsGryn, because I'm evil that way.

I think I need to update my bucket list.

MrsGryn   

That's such sad news, cops. She was so likable on her season - it was actually a really good season, too. 

That sounds like something you would do, EA. *shakes the angry fist*

MrsGryn   

I'm so looking forward to Top Chef returning! Thanks for the reminder. 

Bourbon challenge. Hot Brown Sandwich challenge. Horsemeat challenge....er, maybe not.

10 hours ago, MrsGryn said:

I'm so looking forward to Top Chef returning! Thanks for the reminder. 

Bourbon challenge. Hot Brown Sandwich challenge. Horsemeat challenge....er, maybe not.

HOT BROWN - I'd forgotten about those!

tlh9   

They totally sound like something I'd really like, too!

Some people -- even loved ones sometimes -- have no accounting for taste... my dad, for instance, prefers *less* cheese on things, and *fewer* chocolate chips in his cookies... i'm like, "the fuck??"  one of the newer generation doesn't like chocolate or cheese at all, and I'm like, "are you sure this kid is related and didn't get switched in the hospital??"

Shannon   

I've never had a hot brown, at first I thought it was hot beef sanwhich which i dearly love, but they do sound good.  As for chocolate chip cookies..I do not like them.  I love the Tollhouse cookie recipe but leave out the chocolate chips.

MrsGryn   

The first episode was very polite. The previews show it getting hostile later, as always. I liked the gal who won and I liked the gal who went home. Why not send home the man who wasn't even trying? Even with her soggy biscuit, she at least had a good idea and tried! The fellow whose family is from Ghana seems interesting. 

I think I might know their names after about 5 weeks.