MrsGryn

Food Shows

Damn if Carrie didn't come through again - diving into the camping challenge by baking a cake, which wasn't a hobo pie, took some balls.  Then, to build her own oven at the campsite and run a trial/error batch to adjust the timing/heat.  Wow.  

Other than that, I don't remember much other than Chris came very close to leaving the competition too early.  

MrsGryn   

Carrie should have won that, if only for the fact that she was the one who set up camp, helped everyone, and baked a cake in a campfire! Girl has skills. 

I liked Tu personally but he didn't seem to plate a good dish the whole season so far. One of those talented chefs who gets inside his head too much, trying to out-fancy the guy next to him. Collichio had it right: better to cook one simple thing really well than three mediocre items.

Sorry to see LeeAnn leave due to illness - sweet of the other chefs to state the obvious that she'd have kicked all their asses if she'd stayed.  

I see nothing wrong with a fusion German dish presented via an eggroll.  It was too soon for Brother to leave.  I hope he continues to battle back via Last Chance Kitchen.