Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Comedy

Shannon   

He has a big Nicole nose, from BB who won by laying under a guy...yeah I am still pissed about that.  Small man with a lot of hair.  

AVorlon   

I'm enjoying season 2 of "No Activity" on CBS all-access. They released all 8 episodes on the same day, so you can watch them at your own pace. Very good acting, with subject matter that you've never seen before, especially on a network like CBS.  They push all the boundaries, with recent episodes about masturbation and cock fighting. Jessica Alba was a good addition for one episode, and she did a great job, although they never really explained why she was there.

Amy Sedaris continues to be hilarious, even while making herself  unattractive and bitchy on purpose.     

uaintjak   

I've been in love with Amy Sedaris since Strangers With Candy.  And I love her brother David as well. Also I love that David voiced Amy's character's mom on Bojack Horseman.

AVorlon   

Loved Amy in the final episode. "Don't call them gay sons of bitches. Just call them regular sons of bitches, so you don't get accused of a hate crime".

This in response to two gay snipers  who are working at the same  crime scene, and spending most of their time  sniping at each other.  

Edited by AVorlon

AVorlon   

I've been watching the first few seasons of "Shameless" lately. (US version).  They're up to 10 seasons now, so it takes a while to catch up. Lots of snappy dialogue combined with rampant general depravity,  amidst a large household of poor white people in south Chicago. Some of the characters are really smart, and some  are dumbasses, while they navigate their way to a better life that always eludes them .

Lots of drugs, alcohol, and sex, so not for everyone.     

uaintjak   

Now that Community is on Netflix, I finally decided to watch it.  I'm in love, it very quickly has become one of my favorite comedies.

gforce   
On 2/9/2019 at 6:08 PM, uaintjak said:

My new favorite show.  Been watching it on Hulu.

Then you may enjoy another classic Canadian comedy, Trailer Park Boys

uaintjak   

I tried with Trailer Park Boys but it didn't click with me.  I am enjoying Kim's Convenience though.

MrsGryn   

We just started Schitt's Creek for a comedy choice. Three episodes in, and it's pretty amusing. Although Chris Elliott is like chili flakes. Used in the right amount can add a lot of fun. Too much and your stomach rebels. 

uaintjak   

Don't give up.  I loathe Chris Elliot, but Schitt's Creek is one of my favorite shows.  The cast is so good, and I could gush for hours.  You won't be disappointed.