MrsGryn

Dancing With The Stars

tlh9   

Who the fuck even *are* most of those people?
And, Tyra Banks?!
I honestly rarely even watch this show, but if I was a fan I'd be offended.

chrysana   

I haven't watched in a few seasons...couldn't find a "star" I wanted to see dance. This season is no better and I've never been a fan of Tyra. Of course, there may be limited options this fall so maybe...

I'm still in the denial phase of grief over the loss of Tom Bergeron.  The only star I might  be interested in seeing is Johnny Weir.  But Anne Heche, really?  I'm outie.

Yep, the only one I'd maybe like to see is Johnny, but I don't think I'm going to make it past the first show. Especially since I read Derek Hough is replacing Len as a judge. First Tom and now Len too? But Carrie Ann and Bruno live to screech another day. I get Len's based in London and supposedly will be doing some recorded pieces, but Derek's obnoxious and I just can't with him. 

Len's situation is temporary - he's stuck in England due to COVID.  As if COVID hasn't taken enough - now we're stuck with Derek Hough.....a plague in and of itself.  

chrysana   

I've looked at the cast of stars again...and think I'd like to see Johnny. I watched some YouTube videos of his skating days and he seems fun.

I don't know that I'll be able to get past Tyra. I found her obnoxiously full of herself on ANTM. Maybe she'll lose some of that as she's not a dancer.

Losing Len this season is too bad. I like Carrie Ann and Bruno; but, they do fan a bit too much over the "stars". Len tells it like it is. He's awesome and will be missed this season.

I have a love-hate relationship with Derek. I have a feeling as a judge it will be hate. Derek is just so damn talented on the dance floor. I enjoy his choreography, of course it helps that he always seemed to get stars who could actually dance. However, listening to him - hate. 

Edited by chrysana

Derek's just so full of himself and smug as all hell. His punch me face doesn't help. You can't tell me he's the only person DWTS could find to judge. Where's Mark? I bet he'd be good at it. Or hell, even Julianne is the better Hough. 

I just hope Johnny doesn't get voted out right away because of the less than gay friendly attitudes out there. He can be hilarious. Moody, but hilarious. And I'm hoping he gets some input in his costumes, they will be sure to be amazing. His skating costumes were always well done. 

The idea that Johnny could be voted out before Carole Baskin is so 2020.  He definitely feels the music when he skates, so he has that going for him.  Not all skaters have that talent (looking at you, Kerrigan).  

I actually didn't mind Derek.  I completely despised Tyra in this role.  Her enormous hair is not masking her COVID-40 gain.  Even her earring wanted to socially distance itself from her - leaving its mate behind without a worry.

What were the judges watching when they scored Carole Baskin?  Wow.  Poor Charles Oakley looked like Lurch out there.