Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

Kyland Young - Queens - Evicted 13th

Magpie   

kyland.jpeg

Hometown: San Bernardino County, California
Current City: Venice Beach, California

Three words that describe you: Optimistic, dynamic, and engaging.

What are you most excited about living inside the Big Brother house?
I am most excited about playing the game of Big Brother! I don't care about being on TV, and I often forget about the fact there is a cash prize for winning. When I think about Big Brother, I get excited about the competitions and the social strategies that can help you win! I have always been good at building relationships and being persuasive, however, to have those things gamified in a way that I can be ranked by how well I do it, is like an injection into my competitive blood!

I get goosebumps and a huge smile as I write this out and think about the Hunger Games-like dynamic of building trust and alliances with people all the while being aware there is only ONE winner and you will have to turn on each other at some point. As a longtime fan, I've heard all the players talk about how everything is more difficult than they thought, but I love to be challenged, so that prospect only leaves me more intrigued!

What is your strategy for winning the game?
My strategy is to combine the subtle influence of Derrick, with Cody's charm, Dan's strategic thinking, and hold back on showing how good I am at competitions until I have to (hopefully not needed until the end, like Kaycee in Season 20). I know that sounds like a vague idealistic plan, but I genuinely believe that I have each of those attributes/capabilities I am describing.

I have been studying the game and preparing mentally and physically an unreasonable amount. However, I believe I have the restraint and tact to not give away that I'm as good as I think I will be. I'm well aware this all sounds arrogant, but I feel like knowing this, and the self-awareness I employ in my life in general makes me feel this is all possible.

Full bio: https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/216524/

(Photo courtesy cbs.com)

tlh9   

He is adorable!  Swooning even though i'm old enough to be his mother.  

JunkTV   

He is my preseason favorite. I've never been right before so hope this time will be different.

21 hours ago, tlh9 said:

He is adorable!  Swooning even though i'm old enough to be his mother.  

He is not too far from me tlh9 LOL. I can hunt him down for ya!

Exactly, MrsGryn.....he's an Account Executive - who ALWAYS say they're not there for the money, but they're always there for the money.  

He's a dork at heart, now isn't he. If he can just control the dorkiness, he could go far. I do think he's going to set a record for getting yelled at by production though. I see a lot of movie quotes and mentions with this one. 

Oh my, he is definitely more handsome than that cast photo revealed.....and the charisma oozes from him so easily!

ff174   

He made me look up "gamified." It really is a word.

gforce   

He seems a big meh to me so far.  My eyes glazed over every time he was on during the Sunday show.

Tsylyst   

Agreed, g. Heck, *his* eyes seemed to be glazed over every time he was shown.