Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

What Are You Watching Right Now?

MrsGryn   

With this past year, there has been so much time spent discovering shows in streaming services, I'm curious to hear what everyone has discovered.

We subscribed to AppleTV+ to watch For All Mankind. It's an alternate history that supposes what would happen if the Russians beat us to the moon. It weaves in real life people and fictional characters, though even some of those are based on real people. While there are some clunky sub-plots, the main story is a great ride.

Other shows on AppleTV:

My absolute favorite show was Ted Lasso. Jason Sudekis is a mid-west American football coach and is hired by an English soccer team to be their coach. It's so funny, so sweet, and sometimes really hits you in the gut. Love, love, love this show. 

Third, we just finished a hilarious show called Mythic Quest. It's about a World of Warcraft type of game and the people to create it and keep it running. We've laughed out loud more at this show than anything. 

So what are you watching?

Kyara   

We’ve watched all those shows too, MrsGryn and loved them all. Season 2 of Ted Lasso starts July 23rd.. can’t wait!
We also loved Resident Alien on SyFy with Alan Tudyk and Dead Pixels, a British show about a couple of gamers, on the CW. The Expanse (sci-fi & politics), The Boys (superheroes gone bad) & Upload (digitally upload yourself when you die) on Amazon Prime were all great and all very different from each other. Raised by Wolves on HBO Max is a sci-fi show from Ridley Scott about two androids tasked with raising human children on another planet. And if you haven’t seen it, check out Mrs. America on Hulu. Amazing cast, amazing (mostly true) story!

MrsGryn   

Oh, The Boys. Yes, we watched all of that. That show kept me guessing a lot.

My brother-in-law raves about The Expanse. I guess we should watch that! Trying to get through Turn about Washington's spies during the Revolution (Lots of stuff I like about it but the main character is a stupid little shit who is bad at spying). 

Will definitely look up the other suggestions!

I kept passing by Ted Lasso because Jason Sudeikis looks like such a goober in the promo picture on AppleTV. But then I kept reading rave reviews and he was nominated for so many awards, I gave it a shot. I binged the entire season in a day and a half. I loved it! And yes, it gets you in all the feels. I laughed, I cried, I can't wait for the second season!