Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Big Brother 23 - Coming Summer 2021

Tsylyst   

Casting is underway, so we can assume there will be another season at some point. Rumors were going around a few weeks ago that CBS might try and do a winter/spring season to fill some of the scheduling gaps left by the pandemic (such as there not being "Survivor" until next fall at the earliest).

MrsGryn   

I'm torn about that news. Should I pop champagne or go straight to the hot fudge sundae?

Just hope whomever replaces her doesn't find worse people.

Magpie   

I wanted to say there can't be any worse than the past eight seasons, but then I remembered Season 9. 

But don't forget, CBS promised to start casting a more diverse cast. In other words, 4 POC instead of 3. 

Tsylyst   

I doubt the stereotypes that they look for every season were the casting director's idea. She was just plugging in people for the tropes that Grodner is looking for. Hard to imagine a different casting director will make that much difference unless the people at the top really are looking to shake things up storytelling-wise -- and just swapping a couple of the white jocks for non-white jocks isn't going to do that. We're still going to have the cheerleaders, the alpha males, the models and the over-the-top (fill in the stereotype here), it'll just be someone else standing in the mall with a clipboard trying to pull in the prettiest people that walk past.