Tsylyst

BB23 House Analysis and Discussion

Tsylyst   

Casting is underway, so we can assume there will be another season at some point. Rumors were going around a few weeks ago that CBS might try and do a winter/spring season to fill some of the scheduling gaps left by the pandemic (such as there not being "Survivor" until next fall at the earliest).

gforce   

That's like announcing a seafood buffet after you've just eaten a huge helping of bad shrimp.

MrsGryn   

I'm torn about that news. Should I pop champagne or go straight to the hot fudge sundae?

Just hope whomever replaces her doesn't find worse people.

Magpie   

I wanted to say there can't be any worse than the past eight seasons, but then I remembered Season 9. 

But don't forget, CBS promised to start casting a more diverse cast. In other words, 4 POC instead of 3. 

Tsylyst   

I doubt the stereotypes that they look for every season were the casting director's idea. She was just plugging in people for the tropes that Grodner is looking for. Hard to imagine a different casting director will make that much difference unless the people at the top really are looking to shake things up storytelling-wise -- and just swapping a couple of the white jocks for non-white jocks isn't going to do that. We're still going to have the cheerleaders, the alpha males, the models and the over-the-top (fill in the stereotype here), it'll just be someone else standing in the mall with a clipboard trying to pull in the prettiest people that walk past.

angelmi   

I wished BB23 would be like Canada’s lots of not pretty people and the ball room.  Every time I go to Twitter and see the screen caps of all the colors and in door pool and hot tub, even washer/dryer and beds made, ha.  I wished Paramount plus was an app on our TVs like NBCs Peacock Is so we could watch feeds on it instead of computer.  I am excited, I hope it starts on time this year.  

Tsylyst   

Teasing the season, a release from the network says that "Houseguests are in for a high-stakes summer full of Big Risks and Big Rewards, where one wrong gamble could cost them everything." And Julie Chen dropped another hint during the Clubhouse event when she mentioned that season 23 would have something of a vacation theme, and that the Houseguests are "going to be moving into what we are calling the BB Beach Club."

From EW: https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-love-island-premiere-date-cbs-summer/

AVorlon   

The BB Beach Club? I'm hoping that's not a hut in the backyard surrounded by sand.

It won't be long now, folks. One month till the start,  and it's up against daily coverage of the summer Olympics.  The last time that happened would have been in 2016, and I guess BB did okay in the ratings, since it's still on the air.  

Interesting tweet about dynamic duos of BB.....could this be a hint at what's to come this season?