Sign in to follow this  
FistyHT

The Goodbye and Thank You Thread

FistyHT   

As Fisty sits in his cage, surrounded by cedar shavings and the dusty remnants of the many Corn Nuts he has consumed over the summer of Big Brother 8, he cannot help but get a little misty eyed at the thought of his awesome HT posters. So he would like to offer his thanks to all of you.

First, Fisty would like to say thank you from his Admin crew, all of whom were relatively unschooled when it came to running a message board. The Admins have been schooled, but hard, over the course of the summer, however they never could have made it through intact without the patience of the HT participants. Their first and last concern was always you. Yes, you. The ones who posted non-stop, the ones who did not post a single time but were here every day to read the recaps, and the majority who fell somewhere inbetween. All through the abrupt shut down by our original webhost, the server migration, the hack, the upgrade, the poaching of our unique recaps - proving once again that HTers are inimitable - to the new board set up, the Admins thank you for your encouragement, kindness, patience and the unabashed joy you seem to have with HT. That makes Fisty's summer every year.

A special mention must be made of Fisty's fabulous moderator, Tooletta. She poked, prodded, kicked asses, moved, merged and mashed posts when necessary, and kept you in line with good humor and persistence. Fisty thanks Toolie and wishes her good luck with her upcoming litter.

In the summer of Big Brother Ate Fisty's Soul, HTers have set a new record for number of users at one time, we blew right past the 2,000 member mark, we have averaged 23 million page hits a month and we can still say we're one of the cleanest boards on the Internet. Yes, Fisty does take great pride in that. *glares at SeeBS boards*

Particular gratitude goes to those who have donated to Fisty's stockpile. Your generosity made it possible for us to be able to find a good webhost and it has obviously paid dividends for everyone here, not just with the new webhost (Fisty loves you, Devin!), but in keeping HT ad-free. Thank you.

And while Fisty might be getting ready to hibernate, HamsterTime will continue over the long, cold winter of our discontent. Check out our new Social Lounge and Entertainment forums.

For those of you going in to hibernation with Fisty, keep your poison pens sharpened and we'll see you next summer!

tooletta   

Thanks, Fisty! I'm all misty, too.

I'd like to thank our four fabulous admins~ Gforce, Magpie, MrsGryn, and Tsylyst for keeping this place together during our Summer From Hell. You four have continued to keep HT the best board on The Net.

Thanks, also, to the recappers, who without you, there would be no, um, recaps. The wit, intelligence and originality here never fails to amaze me. Thanks also to those who post without recapping. You are just as important here, as your insightful discussions keep this place lively.

I can't say I'm sad for BB8 to end, though I will be sad to see many of you leave during the off-season. I hope many of you will stick around to take advantage of all that shiny new bandwidth we now boast, and continue to be a part of HT during the off-season.

My love and thanks to each of you.

Edited by tooletta

Since I plan to stumble groggily through the threads of Hamstertime during the off-season and hang out in ChatHT, this isn't really goodbye for me. But I will stand at the door and shed a tear or two as many of you leave the habitrail for the season. Just remember, we want you back next year, so don't go drifting off without bookmarking the site.

I love all the recappers and everyone who comes to play, or to lend a number to the bottom of the page. I'm very happy that Fisty added a Playroom this year and now the other threads that remind me that there is a life outside BB recap reading.

"Wut's a book?"

Lastly, but most importantly, my deepest gratitude to Magpie, MrsGryn, Gforce, Tsylyst and Tooletta (diejeebert!! back again!) for keeping this site going. It certainly was a baptism by fire and you guys came through with flying banner colors.

Now I must go to steel myself up (drink) in preparation for the BB8 finale.

Oh sorry I didn't see this here. Please refer to my post in the Love thread. I was very nice to you MODs as a reward for being so nice to me this year.

Seriously, thank you for everything. You've all taught me so much here and I appreciate every PM you sent me. Now take a well deserved rest, all of you.

Edited by Ronnieroller

Awww, not over yet! I wish to thank you all for your wonderful work here at HT! I will stick around for the off season and mingle. I just got started posting so I must build up my friendships and posts over the off season!

Well the worst season of BB is almost history(IMO)...I'm not even sure I'll watch it tonight.

I have this summer as in the past summers since I found this wonderful site found laughter and tears from the recaps that all of you guys have written. The mods were great even under all the added pressures this year brought(at least you don't have to replace the astroturf)...wow I feel like summer camp is ending...Thanks to all of you...last one out turn off the lights and make sure the doors locked..........fisty........you're the cutest rodent I've ever seen

Thanks to all who run this site, I enjoyed it this summer. I know all that goes into running a site, as I was previously an owner/operator of a network of chat sites that entailed much more than just message boards, so I am no stranger to the amount of work that is needed. I appreciated it.

Thanks for having me, see you next season.

F the Donatos! Peices of garbage. Sorry.... so digusted with this season right now, and the type of behavior SeeBS rewards. I digress.

Thanks again.

fuzzwuzz   

Thank you soooooooooo much to all the recappers!!! Even though the houseguests pretty much sucked, you guys made them funny and interesting! I love this site! Thanks again for a super recapped summer!!

Spring   

I stumbled upon HT only by chance and good luck, and wow was I in for a nice surprise! I have sincerely enjoyed this site and have loved the recaps by each and every one of you. The ups - the downs - the many downs - wouldn't have been the same anywhere else but here. Thank you so very much for all the hard work and dedication at keeping this site to be the best. I plan to frequent here often...on and off season....Now I'm off to get good and drunk before seeing either of the D's win money tonite...Maybe if I'm drunk it won't "hurt" so bad to see DaniSpawn or EvelDick win....

Edited by Spring

I want to thank all the recappers for making one of the worst seasons of BB very entertaining and bearable. I will miss you all who will be joining Fisty in hibernation and I plan to hang around in the cool new forums during the winter.

angelmi   

THANK YOU very much for a great site and love all the recaps. Thanks Tooletta for the great PM's reminding me that I needed to learn to spell again as a 50 year old grandmother I forgot some of those hard words and typos. See you all next summer for more Fun!!

lurker   

You all rock! The mods, recappers, posters, readers...everyone makes HT better. It's witty, insightful, and all the snark is directed at the appropriate parties (the hamsters). Thank OGG I'm not a hamster, you'd all rip me to shreds - and good luck, FMC!

princess   

I love you guys!!! You make the show. CBS needs to hire you all for witers. I will be back next season!! It was soo much fun with you guys!!!!!

This was my first season watching BB and I got completely sucked in as I was afraid/hoped I might. I checked out lots of recap sites but Hamstertime was the one I returned to and eventually subscribed to. The recaps actually are often better than the feeds! The encouragement of free expression plus the quality of the writing all tempered by the excellent administration/moderation makes this site absolutely addictive and great summer's guilty pleasure.

I want to add my thanks to everyone at HT, the mods, admins, recappers, and other assorted posters. You've all made a less than stellar season of BB entertaining and fun and I'll be looking forward to next year (when I hope we'll have our very own hammie in the house). All the best to you, Tooletta, and your new HTer, as well as to the others who are expecting.