Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

poll Safety Suite - Do you like this twist?

Safety Suite  

37 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. Do you like this year's Safety Suite twist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhere between

Tsylyst   

What do you think of this year's Safety Suite twist?

Personally, I'm never a fan of too much safety in the house. That's the point of winning HOH and Veto.

Magpie   

No, we don't need it on top of Veto. We have seen worse twists, though, so I guess it's got that going for it.

chrysana   

I went with yes; because, I think Janelle/Kaysar would have been on the block had they not had safety this week.

MrsGryn   

I said somewhat between because it saved Janelle and Kaysar but other than that, it's kind of meh.

dana k   

Not a fan of their twists, except when they help people I like (rare, but it happens... as in last week's comp). Yes, I am a raging hypocrite.

To me, this one is slightly better than most, because it has some risks (looking as if you feel safe or not) and a revelatory element, especially if you win and choose a +1. Memphis was pushing random people to play, as if he has no alliances and is therefore totally open to nominating anybody. If lots of people play today, the ones who don't will stand out, and probably be his actual (theoretical) alliance: Cody, FNicole, Tyler, Dani, and Christmas. Why waste it on a safe week when there's one more week available? It's hard to imagine they won't succumb to that logic if they believe in their alliance... thereby revealing their alliance.

Cody & Memphis have a big plan to get everybody to play this week so they're the only two eligible for next week. Because they are masterminds!

SBTZMom   

I liked it last week. This week they were all a bunch of lemmings being lead over the cliff By a piper named Memphis. If none of them had played, and called his bluff, it would certainly have made for more drama IMHO. 

I do - because of the fact that it comes before nominations.  The appeal for me is that it gets into the HOH's head because, at least with this week, it removed the HOH's primary target.....leaving them scrambling for alternates in a short time before nominations.

MrsGryn   

Yeah so far it has actually worked: Janey and Kaysar saved themselves from sure nominations, and Christmas inadvertently saved the target that is Ian. So....a twist that works! What a novel experience!

It's not terrible because it's saved people I like so far. I like that it only lasts 3 weeks. Would be terrible any longer than that.