Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Broadcast Episodes - Discussion and Recaps

Tsylyst   

This thread will be for discussion of episode-specific stuff like "wow, that was terrible editing" or "that episode sucked" or "the editors are the greatest because they made fun of this person I hate" and so forth. Discussion of hamsters or events should go in the houseguest-specific or general discussion threads.

Also, anyone that wants to recap key moments of an episode can do so here (but please do it within 24 hours of the episode airing).

Tsylyst   

Everyone moved in live on tonight's premiere, in groups of four. The group ran to the backyard to read a question off a TV screen, then had to go find the answer (which was a room of the house) before going back out to the backyard and use a puzzle maze to get a ball into a hole representing that room.

The first two people to finish correctly advanced to the live HOH competition later in the show. If only one of them finished in under 3 minutes, that was the only person that moved on.

Nicole F., Daniele, Da'Vonne and Christmas entered together, and Christmas was the only one to finish.

Tyler, Ian, Kevin C. and Enzo entered together, and Ian and Kevin moved on.

Janelle, Bayleigh, Nicole A. and Keesha entered together, and Nicole A. was the only one to finish.

Kaysar, Cody, Memphis and David moved in, and Memphis and Cody moved on.

(I will note here that the women had answers at the far end of the maze, and the men had questions with answers near the front of the maze. So that seemed a bit...uneven.)

For the HOH competition, those six players had to walk across a field of pegs. Some of the pegs were solid and some would wobble and knock the person off. If they got knocked off, they had to go back and start over. They did it one at a time, and the person with the fastest time won. Cody smoked the competition with a time of 22.06 seconds.

At the end of the show, Julie told the hamsters that this season new rooms of the house would be revealed all season long (but by past experience, probably only the first three weeks, and then once around Jury). The first is called the Safety Suite. Each of the hamsters will get a VIP pass to the Safety Suite. More details will be unveiled later, but Julie told the home audience that the Suite will give two people safety for the week (from the way she spoke, the HOH is one of them -- but if the HOH and Veto winner are safe like usual, it really sounds like THREE people would be safe for the week).

First failure of the season - how did they not have a PA test out the door to the Have Not room if they were going to feature the entrance as a segment of the live show?

Tsylyst   

Details of the Safety Suite, as explained on Sunday's episode:

For the next three weeks (so two weeks after this), the Safety Suite will be open just before nominations. Each player has a VIP pass to grant them access one time only. The people that decide to play go in and compete one at a time. The current HOH is not eligible to compete. Once it opens, they have one hour to decide if they will compete.

The winner gets to name a Plus One that is also safe but must endure a punishment for the week.

I don't quite understand why both Kaysar and Janelle went for the Safety Suite. What would happen if ONLY one went? Would they be the automatic winner?

Seems that way - which tells me Kaysar and Janey didn't chat at all about a strategic use of both of their passes.  If Kaysar was going to do his mall-walk pace jaunt to the door with 2 seconds remaining, why have Janey bother if Kaysar would then win safety by default since he could take her along.  Now there's zero chance she can return the favor.  

I had the same thought. Why didn't they work together to get 2 weeks of safety? Kaysar must not have trusted Janey to keep him safe. I could kinda see her picking Kesha though, so maybe he made a good choice.If nothing else, this kinda tells the rest of the house they are NOT as tight as they all thought. 

zclue   
5 hours ago, Susie Diamond said:

I don't quite understand why both Kaysar and Janelle went for the Safety Suite. What would happen if ONLY one went? Would they be the automatic winner?

Apparently this was discussed on the feeds. If Kaysar were the only one to use the pass, he would have had to finish it under a certain time limit, so it wasn't a guaranteed win. At least this way they knew whoever won would likely take the other. 

On a related note, the way Janie entered the DJ room last night was perfection. My kids didn't really know who she was or why I'm a fan, but they're definitely fans after last night.

Edited by zclue

chrysana   

Thanks for explaining...I was curious why both competed too. They are perceived as a duo and with Kaysar saving Janelle, the perception lives on. They did two seasons together as friends/alliance. I'm not sure they can convince the others they aren't a duo. 

MrsGryn   

Okay that makes more sense as to why they both competed.

With the safety suite being active for only three weeks, why not go for it? And they obviously made the right choice here.

Kyara   

I wondered the same thing and then read on Twitter this morning the reason why they both went for it. I was yelling at the TV last night, but it all makes sense now. I didn't realize it only lasted three weeks either so great choice on their part. You can't play for something next week if you're already voted out! 

In the grand tradition of BB, again it barely lasts. What’s the point of 3 weeks? And since it’s only 3 weeks, might as well go for it right away and take your chances. Especially Kaysar and Janey. They are seen as huge threats (I’m guessing Janey way more than Kaysar).