Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Kevin Campbell - BB11 - His Tarot cards are from an Old Maid deck - Evicted 8th

dana k   

He's genuinely weird. I've known a couple of people who have huge egos but zero self-esteem. Sounds impossible, but it happens. Based on watching him, he may be one of those folks who's certain he knows what's what and then spirals downward emotionally when circumstances contradict his "known facts". Not that he'll let go of his amazing insights or anything... he will just rebound emotionally (Stuart Smalley-style) and resume them, because being "wrong" is a bridge too far for his ego. Just a guess! But it could explain the weird swings between rock-bottom despondency and his more aggressive assertions of (incorrect) facts about the house, the game, and the players.

I suspect Kevin may have soured on Janey when he did a big anti-Jeff monologue during the first couple of days and she didn't take the bait to trash Jeff. If I recall correctly (questionable!), she made a comment or two indicating that Jeff has apologized, and probably learned from that, grown since, or some such. Kevin wasn't having that, and the conversation eventually petered out. She didn't defend Jeff vigorously or anything... she just didn't jump onto an anti-Jeff bandwagon when Kevin was fishing for that.

I don't fully get why Kevin came on the show, fragile as he is. He's probably an okay guy in the real world. He seems to have a happy life, a great marriage and a good job. I do recall that there were quite a few people who thought he should have won his season instead of Jordan, and that he would have won for sure if he'd been F2 against her. I didn't agree with that assessment (and didn't like him), but I'm sure Kevin heard enough of it to think he'd maybe win if he played again. It must be crushing him to imagine he might not even be a contender. But sheesh... attacking Kaysar and Janelle as if they're the biggest threats against him personally pretty much proves he has no idea what's going on in that house.

Qwerky   

I think he has a faulty memory of Jeff's transgressions.  Admittedly I am a huge Jeff Schroeder fan, never miss his show Daily Blast Live even now.  But as I recall Jeff's questionable words and  actions were relatively mild when compared to the outright lie that Keven told him to cause the crumbling of his (Jeff's) alliance.   

angelmi   

This was what Zgiest wrote about Kevin in 2009,  I miss Z

What's wrong about Kevin? Let me count the ways:

1. You don't play Big Brother to make a new best friend. In fact, not being able to tell the difference between a functional working relationship and friendship is a classic flaw in the game.

2. He's a terrible judge of character. Kevin considers/considered Lydia and Chima his best relationships inside the game despite ample evidence week one that both of them couldn't be trusted. Lydia was willing to backstab a strong ally that had already rallied the votes to save her from eviction while Chima showed she was willing to tar any opponent with the most vile tags to further her own stay in the house. Those should have been huge warning signs to runaway but instead he embraced them more fully and actually shunned people like Casey and Jeff who were stand up guys.

3. Strategically, his whole strategy has been to coast of his alliance and he made no good relationships outside of Lydia and Chima. The one chance he had to make a decent relationship with someone else (Michele) he threw her under the bus, with a fabricated story, to try and patch up a relationship with Jessie.

4. He aligned himself with Jessie - one of the most hated houseguests ever and well known for being self-centered and self-serving in the game.

Sure, he's stepped up his competition performance in the last week and when compared to the Bitches of Eastwick he comes across as OK but the guy has played a very bad game overall. I don't think any of the others are blaming him for the insanity but he's a grown-up and he should have known how it would end with people like Lydia and Chima. Especially since he thinks he has this special power of intuitiveness (bestowed by virtue of being gay) about females. That's just so laughable considering he's been about the worst judge of people in the house of anyone.

I agree!  

Last night, Janelle asked Kevin for his vote, which he did promise since he despises Kaysar.  He told Janelle that Kaysar is just like Ronnie.  Heh.  Janelle didn't even humor him.  She just said, "What??  NO."

See number 2 in Z's list.  Kevin thinks this.  Also, Kevin said this to JANELLE.

I'm sorry I didn't see the conversation between Janelle and Kaysar when she told him.

Kevin's such a potato-bitch.

MrsGryn   
10 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Last night, Janelle asked Kevin for his vote, which he did promise since he despises Kaysar.  He told Janelle that Kaysar is just like Ronnie. 

I...what?? How the actual potatofuck does he come by the idea that Kaysar is just like Ronnie? FUG needs a twist: put Kevin in a room and forget about him. 

shopnfoo   

A month after the show ends someone would go into that room, see him and say, "OMG, not only does that potato have eyes, it has a nose and a mouth, too!"

krb428   
Posted (edited)

Totally misread something and bitched about it. Nothing to see here... ha!

On topic, I don't remember Kevin bugging me so much last time.

Edited by krb428